Steady Winner EA

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SteadyWinner V4.3N is now released and we have emailed the upgrade pack to all customers. But there were many returned errors. If you bought SteadyWinner V2 - V4.22 on Plimus but have not receive the upgrade pack by now, please email to [email protected] , give us your Plimus receipt number, email address and a new email address in case you changed email. To prevent fraud, we must verify your Plimus receipt number and send verification to old email address before we can send you the upgrade pack. Thank you for choosing SteadyWinner and good trading!

anybody have new version??

Just simply pay the $28 to the developer. Its not much money and well worth spent. Moderators please keep an eye on this thread to make sure the paid EA is not shared but only results discussed. To the developer. Why not ask for the moderators for your EA to be blacklisted? In this way there will be no issues with posting the paid version here. I stand by you 100% that you need to be paid for your work and asking such a small fee is not unreasonable. It is a great deal afterall.

Cheers

Just simply pay the $28 to the developer. Its not much money and well worth spent. Moderators please keep an eye on this thread to make sure the paid EA is not shared but only results discussed. To the developer. Why not ask for the moderators for your EA to be blacklisted? In this way there will be no issues with posting the paid version here. I stand by you 100% that you need to be paid for your work and asking such a small fee is not unreasonable. It is a great deal afterall.

Cheers

DITTO for ME!!! I told Ming the same thing in my reply email to the upgrade. It is a sad state when $28 is pinched so tightly. MM for some will be a hard lesson learned.

Backtests for version 4.3N with 99% quality (0.1 lot used):

[spoiler=2009]http://radikal.ru/F/s002.radikal.ru/i200/1103/c4/f7d9f071ae37.png

[spoiler=2010]2010

http://radikal.ru/F/s003.radikal.ru/i201/1103/61/0f385aece351.png

[spoiler=2011]2011

http://radikal.ru/F/s008.radikal.ru/i304/1103/65/1e6870b6cde7.png

So the question is - curve fitted?

I am interested in the EA,it seem to be promising, but I am afraid,is it safe, steady and consistent ,having gone through all the comments,does it worth buying.Can somebody tell us boldly,what is the conclusion of all of us forumites on THIS ea,can you advice me to buy it.pls, if you are using it on your live account,I need your advice on this Ea . can it withstand all market conditions,ranging,swinging, trending etc.thanks so much in anticipation.

I am interested in the EA,it seem to be promising, but I am afraid,is it safe, steady and consistent ,having gone through all the comments,does it worth buying.Can somebody tell us boldly,what is the conclusion of all of us forumites on THIS ea,can you advice me to buy it.pls, if you are using it on your live account,I need your advice on this Ea . can it withstand all market conditions,ranging,swinging, trending etc.thanks so much in anticipation.

It can't withstand all market conditions, that's why new version got released.. a normal EA issue

Nah ~all joking aside here is my $.02 worth.===I have used this since v3.** and it has been steady. There was a period late last year where it did not do well at all [v4.22]. I have not gotten around to put the new version on yet but will be within the week. The limited version can trade live but only with .01/.02 lots. That is how I started with this. The free version does the same as the paid version, live or demo, just limited risk. It is not a scalper. It does well in trending markets and during consolidation and during the month of Dec. it is advised to trade cautiously. I think I am going to put mine in my Oanda MT4 acct. Above all Ming and Steadywinner is worth the $28 they are asking it. It payed for itself within the first couple of days of trading and Ming has always been prompt and professional with support.

Update: I have one demo on Alpari US that is doing quite well with around 15 positive trades and 4 negative trades. Even when some were taken to SL it made positive pips. Live Oanda MT4 is in same positive overall trading. SteadyWinners. Nothing to dramatic like the hype of many unworthy bots, just smaill and steady gains.

I hope that helps. Speaking for myself, after reading the posts and listening to the people that have time invested with SteadyWinner are, for the majority, trading with this still and would advise someone that the small fee of $28 is a rare bargain for an EA like this. Just my humble opinion.=D>=D>

I agree the price is reasonable. I took some large loses with it last month so had to turn it off. But, I am still optimistic about trying the new version. Just haven't had time to install it yet, because I don't want to overload my MT4 platform with too many robots. I may have to remove some that were being tested and try this one again. :|

Nah ~all joking aside here is my $.02 worth.===I have used this since v3.** and it has been steady. There was a period late last year where it did not do well at all [v4.22]. I have not gotten around to put the new version on yet but will be within the week. The limited version can trade live but only with .01/.02 lots. That is how I started with this. The free version does the same as the paid version, live or demo, just limited risk. It is not a scalper. It does well in trending markets and during consolidation and during the month of Dec. it is advised to trade cautiously. I think I am going to put mine in my Oanda MT4 acct. Above all Ming and Steadywinner is worth the $28 they are asking it. It payed for itself within the first couple of days of trading and Ming has always been prompt and professional with support.

Update: I have one demo on Alpari US that is doing quite well with around 15 positive trades and 4 negative trades. Even when some were taken to SL it made positive pips. Live Oanda MT4 is in same positive overall trading. SteadyWinners. Nothing to dramatic like the hype of many unworthy bots, just smaill and steady gains.

I hope that helps. Speaking for myself, after reading the posts and listening to the people that have time invested with SteadyWinner are, for the majority, trading with this still and would advise someone that the small fee of $28 is a rare bargain for an EA like this. Just my humble opinion.=D>=D>

Look~~If anyone is serious about this EA, but on the fence with their decision to spend the $28. Go and get the free version that Ming offers on the website. It is the same exact EA that you will get for the paid version just with limited risk. (will only trade with .01&.02 lots) You can even put it on a live micro account and earn the $28 to get the upgrade. TO ME THIS IS A NO~BRAINER!!!!

www.steadywinner.com

Backtests for version 4.3N with 99% quality (0.1 lot used):

[spoiler=2009]http://radikal.ru/F/s002.radikal.ru/i200/1103/c4/f7d9f071ae37.png

[spoiler=2010]2010

http://radikal.ru/F/s003.radikal.ru/i201/1103/61/0f385aece351.png

[spoiler=2011]2011

http://radikal.ru/F/s008.radikal.ru/i304/1103/65/1e6870b6cde7.png

So the question is - curve fitted?

Hey Friend,

I got the same thing when I backtest. But there are barely over 50 days in 2011 so the back test could have subjected to sampling bias. Since the price is only $28 and with source code, we can look inside. Looks like they hide nothing. That's my opinion.

SHARK

• 4 weeks later...
How come you all get good gains with this robot?

I did a 99% Dukascopy modelling quality backtest on EURUSD H1 from April 2007 to March 2011 and got 25% of my initial balance left!

http://i041.radikal.ru/1104/86/73e243c182ef.jpg

Good point. I only ran a 90% modelling backtest on it and it was profitable. Maybe Ming directly can answer this difficult question?

Cheers

How come you all get good gains with this robot?

I did a 99% Dukascopy modelling quality backtest on EURUSD H1 from April 2007 to March 2011 and got 25% of my initial balance left!

http://i041.radikal.ru/1104/86/73e243c182ef.jpg

I cannot read the chart, it say "service unavailable". May I know what spread you used for your back test, which version you use and did you modify the code? And so many things can happen which affect the results.

What I can tell is that SteadyWinner V4 was developed and tested on the Metaquote data backtest and to compensate the quality flaw, a Spread of 2 was used in the lab when V4.3N was tested for survival. This is so high and I believe you will want to switch broker if she constantly give you a EU spread of 2 or above.

And if you have tested the EA on Live/Demo, actual performance already say for itself. So I guess shall we still bother on this point? I would rather move on! And YES, since all of us are now aware of the existence of 99% quality data, SteadyWinner future version will be tested on such data.

This is the info I have to share. I guess Ming also agree on that!

Regards

Shark

Edited by SHARKspear

We are doing 99% backtest on V5.0 at the moment. We followed Birt's method described on his website. But there is a problem, SteadyWinner uses 5 timeframes. How to backtest with multiple timeframes? We spend a month or two to solve this problem. We downloaded tick data from Dukascopy and used a fixed spread of 2.

The tick file is so large that we could not backtest from 2007-2011 in one file. So our test is done year by year. And we have to do something to re-arrange the data in a way that the tests can be done properly .

I believe we live in a time that the technology on backtesting is not mature. Many Metatrader users do not know how to backtest with 99% quality, and it is difficult to get and refine the tick data. We will share this experience in the user's manual of V5.0. We will supply detailed reports and have a discussion on the method we used.

Please forgive me that I cannot post the report here. We are still busy writing it. V5.0 is very powerful and there is a lot to be done. We are developing new versions becasue we also see weaknesses in our own products. But we are honest developers and we believe our products really works.

Guest Jayman007
We are doing 99% backtest on V5.0 at the moment. We followed Birt's method described on his website. But there is a problem, SteadyWinner uses 5 timeframes. How to backtest with multiple timeframes? We spend a month or two to solve this problem. We downloaded tick data from Dukascopy and used a fixed spread of 2.

The tick file is so large that we could not backtest from 2007-2011 in one file. So our test is done year by year. And we have to do something to re-arrange the data in a way that the tests can be done properly .

I believe we live in a time that the technology on backtesting is not mature. Many Metatrader users do not know how to backtest with 99% quality, and it is difficult to get and refine the tick data. We will share this experience in the user's manual of V5.0. We will supply detailed reports and have a discussion on the method we used.

Please forgive me that I cannot post the report here. We are still busy writing it. V5.0 is very powerful and there is a lot to be done. We are developing new versions becasue we also see weaknesses in our own products. But we are honest developers and we believe our products really works.

I have an app that will take all your individual BT and put them in 1 report for easy viewing. So you could BT each year and then combine into 1 report. This applies to multiple TF as well.