Steady Winner EA

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I agree. That is how I discovered there was a problem in the first place. I would check the signal provider live statement, and he, for example would have "2" open trades, then I would check "my" account and find that there were "4" open trades. Then I would know that there is something wrong, and that I have 2 open trades that were already "closed" by the signal provider, and contact ZuluTrade and the Broker. But, when this happens when I am asleep, or away from my computer, then, "the deed is already done", and it is then too late to get my lost money back, all I can do is "manually" close the trade to avoid further loses. Fortunately, it would only happen 2 or 3 times in a month, but it was enough to take losses and shrink my account.

One of the causes of this problem, I discovered, is when the signal provider uses a broker that has "different" rules than your broker. So, for example, he may take a 2 pip profit, but my broker MT4 platform may not accept the trade because the TP was too close to the opening trade. Or that there may be a minimum TP pip spread of 3 or 4 to execute the trade. Or many other causes that are a result of "different" allowable trading policies (mixed lot size) between broker platforms. I only use brokers that ZuluTrade tells me to use, but it is no guarantee that the signal provider will use the same broker. Usually it is a secret what broker he is using. So, such "invalid trades", normally don't happen when opening a trade, but when closing a trade. So, in such cases ZuluTrade claims it is not their problem, and the broker claims that it is not his problem, because the trade was illegal according to platform rules.

My only solution was to find signal providers whose brokers have compatible trading rules with my brokers, and I am forced to learn that by trial an error. But, it would be better if ZuluTrade informs us which broker the Signal Provider uses, so that we can use the same broker when possible. To be sure, I no longer use Signal Providers that are "scalpers" with ZuluTrade, because the probability of problems is doubled due to possible signal delays, or illegal trades due to minimum TP requirements, or invalid lots. The "long term" trades tend to close with less loses with ZuluTrade, since the TP is higher and less of an issue if there is a delay in closing the trade, or manually closing a trade. :|

That's really ugly, and should be avoidable by checking and rechecking that the signal and the client trades are matching.

Thank you for your advice. I have made some changes and hope the situation will not be so bad.

[1] SteadyWinner does not have to be a scalper.The backbone of the EA are the EMAs. Once they are there, it is difficult to lose. The rest is just a matter of how to handle the trades. For example, if we change the stoploss to 100 and takeprofit to 200, the EA is still winning. I do not do it just because I don't like drawdowns. In the pro version, there will be no more 0.01 trades. So, I have to rewrite the trading logic an Money Management. There are only two kinds of trades, 0.1 and 0.2. And the stoploss and takeprofit are both 50 pips. there are internal takeprofit and stoploss though.

[2] I have tried other services like RentaSignal, but also have difficulty in getting the trades closed. I know that many users of SW have small account. It does not make sense if they are asked to pay a subscription fee. Maybe we try the free service first. If some users want more reliable service, we can have another platform on which the signals are paid.

[3] I will opened the signals and let everyone see the records in early January. Users can try the signals on their demo accounts to see what happens first. At least there is no harm.

[4] If you have any suggestions, please leave a message here or write to me at [email protected]

Happy trading

That sounds good. Even though I had problems with ZuluTrade, some people have no problems with it, and even make a profit. As you say, there is no harm in us using some demo accounts with them. And you can also do a live account for your own trades since you will not be affected by any signal delays. And we can watch your progress. :)

Thank you for your advice. I have made some changes and hope the situation will not be so bad.

[1] SteadyWinner does not have to be a scalper.The backbone of the EA are the EMAs. Once they are there, it is difficult to lose. The rest is just a matter of how to handle the trades. For example, if we change the stoploss to 100 and takeprofit to 200, the EA is still winning. I do not do it just because I don't like drawdowns. In the pro version, there will be no more 0.01 trades. So, I have to rewrite the trading logic an Money Management. There are only two kinds of trades, 0.1 and 0.2. And the stoploss and takeprofit are both 50 pips. there are internal takeprofit and stoploss though.

[2] I have tried other services like RentaSignal, but also have difficulty in getting the trades closed. I know that many users of SW have small account. It does not make sense if they are asked to pay a subscription fee. Maybe we try the free service first. If some users want more reliable service, we can have another platform on which the signals are paid.

[3] I will opened the signals and let everyone see the records in early January. Users can try the signals on their demo accounts to see what happens first. At least there is no harm.

[4] If you have any suggestions, please leave a message here or write to me at [email protected]

Happy trading

I just wanted to leave an update on my live account running v3 = 150 pips net profit for November. I did mess up and the EA was not running for the first several trading days of the month. v4.22 has been on a demo account for only a short time, so no feedback for that one.

Ming, are you going to continue running the EA on your live account for December or turn it off until after the new year?

Guest Jayman007
Since none of my demo accounts trade micro I went ahead and bought this one for testing. Do the majority of folks like the newer version over the older v3? I assume that paid users could get these if wanted by emailing the creator.

Since none of my demo accounts trade micro I went ahead and bought this one for testing. Do the majority of folks like the newer version over the older v3? I assume that paid users could get these if wanted by emailing the creator.

The new version was released just 2 weeks ago, very short time to make any conclusions. I will say it opened identical trades to v3 last week for me.

Ming has emailed me the version 4 and I've been using since then. Mine is a paid version.

For the past two weeks, it must be profitable because EURUSD has been on a trendy mode, down. The profit has paid off the cost of the EA.

As Ming has warned us that the EA might suffer losses during the change of the trend or when price is consolidating, I have reduced risk to 1%. nPctToRisk=1.0

Update: Ming, Thanks for sharing this EA with us.

Edited by JasonKwok

It is too soon to say. SteadyWinner EA is tested many experienced users. Most comments are favourable. The beta version V4.11 has big drawdowns. I am not going to release it. I will release V4.2 which is more consistent.

I was misled by Metatrader's backtesting function. The data from the download function, from Metaquotes I suppose, are not reliable. I have just got some more reliable historical data from a friend and am now retesting all versions.

Anyone who has reliable historical data or testing method please offer some help. I want to make sure V4.2 is more profitable before releasing it.

Hello Ming,

can you provide a version to customize the lot size, TP/SL value. Tks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jayman007
I've paid for the EA and received the updates from Ming automatically. The latest version I got is 4.22.

Ok.. I looks like that is the version I was sent when I paid. Thanks for clarifying that.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jayman007

Lastest info

SteadyWinner Pro : Signals only

The latest version of SteadyWinner is so powerful that I can not make it public. But signals of SteadyWinner Pro will be available on Zulutrade.com (http://www.zulutrade.com/) soon . The service is free. The details will be announced here when it is ready. Please don't write to ask. I am busy working and testing the signals. If you subscribe this service, you can follow the trades automatically on your Metatrader platform as if you had SteadyWinner Pro installed on your computer. You can also use a multiplier to decide what lotsize you wan to trade.

SteadyWinner Pro has a takeprofit of 50 and a stop loss of 50. The risk is reduced to minimum, but it is much more profitable than the eariler versions, and has a smaller drawdown.

The money mangement is modified for ease of subscribers. Some users may not be able to trade 0.01. Therefore, I rewrite the EA's logic to make it profitable to trade with a minimum of 0.1. The Money Management system is also different. Please see the description on Zulutrade when you subscribe the service.

Just saw that on the website. Does this mean that paid customers won't be seeing the any new versions?

I have really been liking this EA but profits tend to be small and steady.

Keep us posted.