Farhad-Ilan Expert

I was not able to locate the GMT offset in these settings. Since this EA trades only during certain times, it would make sense to have a GMT offset, since it does not have "autodetect" GMT. Was it designed for only brokers with a specific GMT offset? :-/

Alpati UK backtest H1 2010.08.02 - 2010.09.01:

http://www.multiupload.com/SLF25144Z4

set:

http://www.multiupload.com/WNSRSGNHDX

Yes. That should work. I just need to research the EA to find out if the default trading times are based on a 0 GMT setting, or if they were set based on a +1 GMT (etc) depending on the platform it was originally developed on. If the default settings are based on 0 GMT, then I can just add or subtract as needed. I find that many EA "default settings" are not based on 0 GMT but +1, because there are so many popular brokers that seem to have +1 server times.

just made the adjustments yourself to the starting times. i hate time. it always messes with my head.

I've been playing with Ilan for several years, since it first came out. It is a rattlesnake for sure! It will be your friend, sleep in your tent, then it will strike you down without warning. But, I just am playing with a demo account, and, am curious about the time settings in this version. With previous versions, we had to manually turn Ilan "on" and "off", and many of the stop loss settings were not operational. I have made some money with Ilan when I trade "manually" with it. I let it enter the trades, but then I would manually exit the trades. I would use it like a hunting dog. You let the dog find the target, but you never let the dog off the leash, by himself. ;)

this one stoploss 500, you guys not afraid?

This particular version seems to have some changes than the original. I've only been using it for a few days, but so far the stop loss has been between 5 and 25 pips. So, at least it is getting out of the trades before 500 pips is reached. Also, I have never tried Ilan with this currency pair before, so maybe it will run more stable. In the past I used it with EU, and it would do 20-30 trades a day, and that is what would generate margin calls. One flaw that they did not seem to fix is that it will enter a trade when you first turn it on, even if the trade had no basis in the system it is designed for. I use a work around with this problem by turning off the "expert advisors" tab at the top when loading the EA. Then after it is loaded, I turn the EA tab back on. But, I am still not ready to go live with this, just based on a few winning trades. The foundation of this EA has always been "Martingale". So, if there is some way to "tame it", then, that is what I am curious about after all these years. 8-)

this one stoploss 500, you guys not afraid?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Jarora. Yes, this is one of the most "tamed" versions of Ilan that I have ever worked with. The Japanese devaluation a few weeks ago did cause a few margin calls on my account, but probably because my balance was not high enough. Other versions of Ilan would have crashed the account by now. So, this is definitely a safer version of Ilan, and interesting to watch. :)

Backtest Alpari UK

2010.05.03 00:00 - 2010.09.27 23:00

http://www.multiupload.com/EFXG038P2V

• 2 weeks later...

I'v backtested with modified set file and it is the only Martingale which survived 2009 - 2010.09 period wiht GBPUSD H1 and made nice growing line - GBPUSD is only pair which gos sideways and 500 pip stoploss is enough most of the time, but You'll need to check the news too. I'm going to try make it News resistant and find aout best pair for this EA.

One amazing thin is that I started the test with only 2000 USD balance.

Results of backtest - starting 2000 and ended with 11251 - DD was big enough 99.03 %, but it might need some timed closing or ATR filtration. Anyway - I'm going to add News Filter and do some FF.

I'v backtested with modified set file and it is the only Martingale which survived 2009 - 2010.09 period wiht GBPUSD H1 and made nice growing line - GBPUSD is only pair which gos sideways and 500 pip stoploss is enough most of the time, but You'll need to check the news too. I'm going to try make it News resistant and find aout best pair for this EA.

One amazing thin is that I started the test with only 2000 USD balance.

Results of backtest - starting 2000 and ended with 11251 - DD was big enough 99.03 %, but it might need some timed closing or ATR filtration. Anyway - I'm going to add News Filter and do some FF.

Remember that in backtesting you are not margin called. On any broker a 99% drawdown would have killed the account :)

Like most martingales, it will blow your account. But if managed it may be useful.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Remember that in backtesting you are not margin called. On any broker a 99% drawdown would have killed the account :)
It is possible to get margin called in a backtest (the more correct term of margin call in MetaTrader is "account stop out"). You would see the balance and equity graphs take a sharp dive and the tester ends prematurely (before the intended end date).

Though I don't think I've ever seen any EA recovering from a 99% drawdown. It sounds crazy, so I'd like to have a look. krisware, can we see that backtest report?

• 1 year later...

i know how they used this ea in iran thay had a live educational topic with real account and starting from 1000 $ .soon they had good results

the ea just was suppose to work on asia and any open position was close befor session ending about 6-GMT

most important thing is the set that befor asian session farhad set the ea arround his feeling from the market (market bias)

so the buy or sell orders in ea setting were set to be true or not.

for any 1k account the lot size was 0.1

the only trading pair was usdjpy due to low volatility

i used it once for trading gold and during 6 hourse i had 40% growth but it is really dangerouse and u should becarefull about antitrend position

in another good edu topic he turned a real 25$ account to 125000$ just using elwave and all trade was live in topic- sorry for bad english