Live forward testing

Hi Guys,

Just an Idea. There are so many Live and Demo forward tests going on it is crazy to try and keep track of the all.

What I am attempting here is to get us to consolidate them.

Lets use this thread and if possible make it a sticky. Post profitable LIVE and DEMO forward test on EA's that is making money.

For example post a MT4 stats link with the EA being traded, current .set file and EA attached and some info on which broker is being used.

This way I think we can all get a clearer picture of profitable EA's with their settings for profitable results.

Thanks.

hi Forexi,i had mentioned this same idea,only differently worded,sometime back on the forum but it was not taken up seriosuly.infact i suggested a separate sub forum for this but even a sticky would do.

i am currently testing Forex ai v4

plus testing Megadroid live and demo.its demo is dedicated to megadroid alone but live,its trading with manual and other trades too.

i intend to test smart scalper too.

i will post .set files back and forward tests.except i will not post mixed trade tests but only exclusive ones.

as a starter i would request other members writing first posts into this thread mentioning what they are testing and what forward tests they can contribute later on.

Edited by halcyonn

This is a very good idea. The problem, when you use different EAs on the same account, could be solved. Use the MT4i.com statements, there you can make analyses according to the different magic numbers or EA names. So you could better differentiate what the various EAs make.

there you can make analyses according to the different magic numbers or EA names.

Good idea, myfxbook do this aswell. It would not be a fair test in terms of the profits the EA can make if it sets the lot size based on a percentage of the account, because a different EA could create a big draw down and restrict the EA from using bigger lot size's and higher profits.

But the win percentage would still be a fair test. And you could estimate the actual profits is would have made if it was running solo.

Chris

OK Guys thanks for the replies. I Think if we can just get the % gained. Wit the EA attached and .set file being used for each currency stating the Time Frame for each. Something like :

EA NAME : Megadroid EE Version Modified.

Profit Percentage over xxx Months/Weeks : 70%

Total Trades : 80

Winning Trades : 65

Winning Percentage : 81.25%

EA TYPE : Martingale/Asian Scalper/Trend Trader etc..

Pairs Traded : EURUSD - TF 15m, EURCHF - TF 5m etc...

FXBOOK Link if available or if you guys think we could get Investor passwords. Maybe each of us could run a trade copier on investor accounts for people running successful solutions and just run off their settings.

Attached - EA & .set files for each TF & Pair in a .RAR

What do you guys think.

i like the idea of copytrade ...

i`m running WOC EA on demo account this week and copytrade to my live account ..... so if the result is amazing i will share the investor pass :D

And i`m also copytrade of my friend manual trade and the result is impressive but the negetive side is the DD is big too hehehe... cause he use martingale cost averaging technique when get a bad signal... huhuhuhu... the postive side, monthly withdrawal about 10-30% per month :D

Edited by azam575
put more info

i like the idea of copytrade ...

i`m running WOC EA on demo account this week and copytrade to my live account ..... so if the result is amazing i will share the investor pass :D

And i`m also copytrade of my friend manual trade and the result is impressive but the negetive side is the DD is big too hehehe... cause he use martingale cost averaging technique when get a bad signal... huhuhuhu... the postive side, monthly withdrawal about 10-30% per month :D

How u do that...any software tool?

If you have the investor password for an account at broker you set it up locally on you pc using the sam brokers MT4 terminal. With the Investor account details you will see all trades as they happen live in the Terminal, all you do then is use an MT4 trade copy EA like MT4 Copier and another terminal (Your Live account at your broker) as the client of the copy tool, the EA will duplicate all trades being done on the investor terminal.

Just search the forum you should find a couple of Copy tools here.

If you have the investor password for an account at broker you set it up locally on you pc using the sam brokers MT4 terminal. With the Investor account details you will see all trades as they happen live in the Terminal, all you do then is use an MT4 trade copy EA like MT4 Copier and another terminal (Your Live account at your broker) as the client of the copy tool, the EA will duplicate all trades being done on the investor terminal.

Just search the forum you should find a couple of Copy tools here.

yup..it is correct :D