Pattern EA (gartley) - can anybody fix the martingale part of the code ?

SpacyTrader,the demo result is not very good.why did you go live?From the demo result

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0CVCQ21R

EURJPY:-281 pips

AUDUSD:-24 pips

USDJPY:-117pips.

Do you have any good result?

i got bad results on backtesting this afternoon too.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

If you have used this EA profitably, as seen from this fxbook, why did you have to change the settings?

I explained that already. I noticed that occasionally (rarely) it used a lot size a lot higher than it should have. Then my attempts at fixing that by changing settings made it worse.

Edited by SpacyTrader

I've made a modification but couldn't test it because the EA doesn't open a trade in BT even after a few minutes.

So just try it out

http://[email protected]/file/67xMQysf/GEA.html

Testing now in BT. You have to disable the news filter for that to work btw. And there's already a problem- it won't trade lots lower than 1 even though I set it for 0.1. It ignores risk management settings too.

After disabling risk management again it trades 0.1 lots but it doesn't double after a loss and with risk management it only starts trading at 1 lots no matter what you put there. Also with risk management on I tested it on an interval where I got a bigger trade than I should have and this time that specific trade was still around that size 3.something but it should have been 4 now (double) After that trade it still goes from a loss at 1 lots to 1.8 lots rather than 2.

So in conclusion I'm afraid it doesn't look fixed. :|

Edited by SpacyTrader

Testing now in BT. You have to disable the news filter for that to work btw. And there's already a problem- it won't trade lots lower than 1 even though I set it for 0.1. It ignores risk management settings too.

After disabling risk management again it trades 0.1 lots but it doesn't double after a loss and with risk management it only starts trading at 1 lots no matter what you put there. Also with risk management on I tested it on an interval where I got a bigger trade than I should have and this time that specific trade was still around that size 3.something but it should have been 4 now (double) After that trade it still goes from a loss at 1 lots to 1.8 lots rather than 2.

So in conclusion I'm afraid it doesn't look fixed. :|

Newsfilter is set to false but no trade

So sorry, SpacyTrader, can't help you here

Newsfilter is set to false but no trade

So sorry, SpacyTrader, can't help you here

Strange. You used my set file and on M1 ? On other timeframes there are fewer trades if at all depending on the period.

If you can't fix it, could you then maybe write a simple EA that immediately makes an identical trade to that placed by the EA after a loss ? (checking magical number) This would be useful for other EAs too.

Edited by SpacyTrader

Noting still, no trade NADA

Backtest or demo trading ? If BT I told you- you only need to make sure the news filter is at false. Otherwise I use 4 digit brokers too. Are you sure you put it on M1 charts ? Also check that the expert advisors button on the toolbar is green, tools- options- expert advisors- allow live trading and allow dll imports are checked, confirm dll function calls is unchecked and that when the EA is attached to a chart it has a smiley face in the top right corner. Also put it on more than one chart. It may simply not find anything to trade on one atm. I mentioned what charts I use. With all that it definitely should work.

Still nobody who can fix this ? At how it's trading there should be some glaring error somewhere. The martingale code is only a few lines. :| Really nobody can do anything ?

Edited by SpacyTrader