(Req) FAMDrone

Hi Guys,

This EA looks quite promising purely from the parameters, which default as 1 trade at a time (i.e. no stacking/grid/martingale strat.). With Target 500 and Stop 225 the risk/reward is very good too.

There's also a trailing stop facility, which should prevent trades being chopped to bits in non-trending markets when there's not enough movement to reach the large 500 pip target.

Well worth running some back and foward tests on IMHO.

Hi Guys,

This EA looks quite promising purely from the parameters, which default as 1 trade at a time (i.e. no stacking/grid/martingale strat.). With Target 500 and Stop 225 the risk/reward is very good too.

There's also a trailing stop facility, which should prevent trades being chopped to bits in non-trending markets when there's not enough movement to reach the large 500 pip target.

Well worth running some back and foward tests on IMHO.

run a BT for 2009 and you're done with the DRONE...same for advanced version 2010...at least with default settings

Most of the time, EAs don't use accurate Support/Resistance areas to place stops at, and pick some arbitrary number. This is really bad IMHO, because the EA will never adapt to the market conditions.

Also, the system seems to be a trend riding system. This is not bad in and of itself.... but on the H1 timeframe, the trend is going to have a fair bit of noise. More chances for you to get stopped out.

I also think that any trade more than 100 pips away is just dangerous. Either get the entry placed better, or just don't trade at all!

Edited by Rio