Surefire trading chalenge 2010(req)

This surefire challenge sound like another FRWC except that participants can use manual or EA systems to trade.

I watched one of their video where this guy demonstrate his trading strategy using ABCD. He drew the channel using two trend lines connecting points AC and point BD and the entry point is at D. BUT, how does he knows that D has formed. D is formed only after the price has moved away to form a pivot and how he can enter his trade at point D after the price has moved away? Unless he is trading on the hindsight.

The other trading system used by another trader under the "Secret of Trading" is more viable.

It's seemed like another marketing hype but I'm open to see which system will be the champion.

Hi Jason,

I think the manual stuff coming from Mark McRae is much better than FRWC which was a total disaster - however that was to be expected because any EA's tuned to win competitions rarely last long in the real world.

I watched that ABCD video too and in the example where the channel is going up, he enters around 7 pips above point D (i.e. after a small bounce confirming D as the actual bottom of the channel) and has a target about 7 pips below point E.

I think that it may even be possible to trade from C to D. In this case we would need to assume a parallel channel. We can draw in the top channel line in this example from B to C and extend a parallel lower channel line to that from point A.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...