Forex Retracer EA

I'll be glad to assist you if you can prove you are a current customer and not using a pirated copy, given the forum we are in right now. :)

Oh dear, didn't know that you are the actual developer of this EA.

I downloaded a copy from a web site. Then I will have to do forward testing on Gallant, Go Markets, Jade and CollectiveFX.

Please pardon me.

Edited by JasonKwok

This is what I dont understand. People still feel the need to steal Retracer for the sake of "backtesting" it. B.S. I have developed an EA that has become the highest ranked EA at ForexPeaceArmy, backed up with 20 weeks worth of performance test trading, live account stats for those that ask for them, and not to mention backtests already on the website. Surely that is proof enough that this is a legitimate forex expert advisor. But no, people steal Retracer for the sake of stealing it. They just simply dont want to pay for someone elses hard work (in my case, well over a year's worth of development). The common thief.

What else must I do??? Surely, Jason, you are running an outdated copy. Wouldn't you rather have BOTH the latest versions right now, access to all the updates for free (there have been no less than 30 revisions of Retracer to date), the shining support that everyone raves about, and access to the private and very active Retracer forum where we all talk about each days trade in detail, broker comparisons, etc?

That account is a demo. Slippage happens, but I have a deal with the official broker of Retracer - GallantFX - to limit it as much as possible.

If the broker can limit the slipage its mean that he is not ECN broker and when your account will be "too large" for him you will start to see the problems.

. . . In fact, RetracerPR v2.1 and Retracer v1.7 are just around the corner and will only be released once Retracer is off the marketplace.

But this what it means towards who had to decide to purchase the EA before the expiration of the established term: what would be given as free updates or they are products new?

Thank you and best regards.

Frankalde

There are too many scams out there and your EA does not provide refund. We prefer to try first and then pay if it is good. I dun consider this as stealing but more on sharing. Someone must have posted the files out first before we could download.

The result on FPA is not indicative of 20 weeks. It only 9.4 running weeks because you changed broker.

From the posting, it seemed like you are stopping the existing versions and coming out with RetracerPR v2.1 and Retracer v1.7. If those rush to get the existing version, will they get the new version free of charge or do they need to pay an upgrade fee? It's not clear what you are up to.

The performance of your EA is very much dependent on Broker and spread. Your EA trade only AUDNZD on M30. If the broker decided to increase the spread of AUDNZD, we'll have to look for another broker. Previously, you were with Go Market and now Gallant FX. Both are STP brokers but why do you need to switch to Gallant FX?

Edited by JasonKwok

There are too many scams out there and your EA does not provide refund. We prefer to try first and then pay if it is good. I dun consider this as stealing but more on sharing. Someone must have posted the files out first before we could download.

The result on FPA is not indicative of 20 weeks. It only 9.4 running weeks because you changed broker.

From the posting, it seemed like you are stopping the existing versions and coming out with RetracerPR v2.1 and Retracer v1.7. If those rush to get the existing version, will they get the new version free of charge or do they need to pay an upgrade fee? It's not clear what you are up to.

The performance of your EA is very much dependent on Broker and spread. Your EA trade only AUDNZD on M30. If the broker decided to increase the spread of AUDNZD, we'll have to look for another broker. Previously, you were with Go Market and now Gallant FX. Both are STP brokers but why do you need to switch to Gallant FX?

I agree, testing is essential for safety and soul. E.g. I would not by a car without a testdrive or just based on reviews...

If an EA is good, I am more then happy to purchase it to help developer efforts and to hook up to the support.

I do understand Tonik's efforts to protect his intellectual property, but there might be need for a different marketing approach, e.g. free trail.

Bottomline, I am not convienced to buy retracer at this point of time. I guess it is a good EA but I want to be able to evaluate it myself in my environment... my broker/vps...

Cheers

I agree, testing is essential for safety and soul. E.g. I would not by a car without a testdrive or just based on reviews...

If an EA is good, I am more then happy to purchase it to help developer efforts and to hook up to the support.

I do understand Tonik's efforts to protect his intellectual property, but there might be need for a different marketing approach, e.g. free trail.

Bottomline, I am not convienced to buy retracer at this point of time. I guess it is a good EA but I want to be able to evaluate it myself in my environment... my broker/vps...

Cheers

There is no free trial specifically because of forums like these. The trial code would be hacked and reverse engineered, then whats the use paying for it since you already have the full version?

There is no free trial specifically because of forums like these. The trial code would be hacked and reverse engineered, then whats the use paying for it since you already have the full version?

Tonik, I do understand your concerns as mentioned already, but you might look at it as well from a customer approach.

For myself, I have only have original/purchased EAs running in my live trading accounts. Reason beeing, I do not want to rely on a forum copy which might have been however modified. Further, I do want a official EA support while trading live.

I am more open when it comes to testing so. If EA works, I might explore it further.

As well, I do consider it just a question of time till an EA will be shared however. It is virtually impossble to stop this and this is where you might need to loosen up. Again, I do understand your concerns, but which would drive more customers in the end of the day... If you would provide e.g. a trail however, I might have been a customer already.

Cheers

Sharing of hacked and copyrighted digital software without explicit consent from the author = copyright infringement = theft. No getting around that. And Retracer is copyrighted, that is no bluff.

The upgrades will be free. They always have been, always will be.

We switched to GallantFX because we got better performance there, period.

Edited by TheTonik

give us your login and investor password to your live account so we can verify that you are using it on your live account

and not just another worthless seller not using his own product.

Cheers

Sharing of hacked and copyrighted digital software without explicit consent from the author = copyright infringement = theft. No getting around that. And Retracer is copyrighted, that is no bluff.

The upgrades will be free. They always have been, always will be.

We switched to GallantFX because we got better performance there, period.

More seller excuses. Just post the log info/investor password when the market closes on friday and then change it when the markets start again.

That way no one can copy your trades. People do not buy any product that you can not verify the seller is using on their real live account.

Cheers

So you can copy my trades? No.

I'll give you this though: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/TheTonik

More seller excuses.

LOL please. There is nothing I can do to make people like you happy. You will always find an 'excuse' to steal.

When the market opens tonight I will verify the account is mine via FXbook verification.

Edited by TheTonik

Let's see just one live login/investor password for any on forexpeacearmy? Also, you will not give people your live investor login/read only password so they can verify your claims that you use your own product on your live account. You only provide excuses not solutions to verify your claims. I do appreciate your concerns wanting people like myself to move on so you can give people more excuses.

Cheers

I see those reviewers at FPA laughing. Laughing all the way to the bank, that is. :)

You've made your point. You can move on now, k? Thanks.

Edited by stingrayzz

Let's see just one live login/investor password for any on forexpeacearmy? Also, you will not give people your live investor login/read only password so they can verify your claims that you use your own product on your live account. You only provide excuses not solutions to verify your claims. I do appreciate your concerns wanting people like myself to move on so you can give people more excuses.

Cheers

Why on earth would any of my paying customers want to prove anything to a software pirate??

Dude, that is what MyFXbook is for. Precisely that. They have TWO verification features. I have passed one, and soon will pass the other. Why is this not good enough for you? Im not giving you my investor password. That is my PERSONAL account and I dont feel like showing the world my trading balance.

Cant believe I am even trying to reason with you.

Edited by TheTonik

Unfortunately the performance in real trading on a well regarded broker does not match backtesting, nor demo. To me having to get 'just the right broker' to have it operate shows a weakness in the trading style of the EA.

Backtesting when the spread hits 5 pips and displaying this on the sales page is a bit dishonest.

Demo results are much better than my live results. I have lost quite a bit on it, and have shelved it. I hope your new version will address these issues so it is not overlly broker sensitive and can work consistantly on live accounts.

My conclusion - works great in backtest, and even on demo (on selected broker) but on an illiquid pair trading it live sees it fall over.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Obviously Tonik is just out for the sales as he will not even post the login/investor read only password to his live account.

His first excuse was people would copy it. I gave a solution to post the info when the market closes on friday. He made an excuse for that as well.

Conclusion, anyone that buys this better be prepared for that old saying of buyer beware.

Cheers

Obviously Tonik is just out for the sales as he will not even post the login/investor read only password to his live account.

His first excuse was people would copy it. I gave a solution to post the info when the market closes on friday. He made an excuse for that as well.

Conclusion, anyone that buys this better be prepared for that old saying of buyer beware.

Cheers

See above. You are absolutely right. Buyer beware!

You know what? Norman is right. Retracer is not profitable. At all. Let's just close this thread and throw Retracer into the EA graveyard, shall we? Time to put this one out of its misery.

being facetious isnt a good look. but you are correct. time to close the thread. hope you continue to enjoy all this forum has to offer thetonik.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician