Smart Scalper 1.1

if (Ask - Bid <= Max_Spread * PointValue() && !(GlobalVariableGet("Not_Sell_Day") == DayOfYear() || GlobalVariableGet("Not_Sell_Day") == DayOfYear() - 1)) {

if (Ask - Bid <= Max_Spread * PointValue() && !(GlobalVariableGet("Not_Buy_Day") == DayOfYear() || GlobalVariableGet("Not_Buy_Day") == DayOfYear() - 1)) {

what is "Not_Sell_Day" and "Not_Buy_Day" ???

is this EA optimized for back test data ???

As I have understood, the EA declares a day as "Not_Buy_Day" if an initial long position went the wrong way and the EA had to open a second or third position. In case the trades were closed that day or the day after (either profit or loss) the EA wouldn't open a new long position on that specific day and the day after because of "Not_Buy_Day" (same for "Not_Sell_Day")

Never seen that before and it sounds logical

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0.30 lots for only 3000 of balance? thats too much!!! do you have any experience with martingales????? for 3000 of balance use only 0.05 lots... not more

Want to lower the value, change the setting MarginRisk = 10.

But the site is important to test even higher MarginRisk = 25

http://www.smart-scalper.c0m/smart_scalper_backtest/2010/4/StrategyTester.htm

i had to leave the thing while i was sleeping it was that slow in testing. shows the same results as above:

http://stashbox.org/976276/eurusd%20until%20fail.gif

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

I was under the impression that back-testing has little meaning?

That only true demo/live forward testing is the true measure of performance?

Since any testing is generally no way indicative of future performance.

Shagin

If backtests are good then EA is going to preform better Live, too.

definitively scalpers are not the way to a consistency profit a medium long term...

If they have worked on 10 years of backtests including 2008,2009,2010 then they are quite ressession resistant. There is no 99% winner Strategy - even Neural Networks fail a lot if market makes big change.

Forex is High Risk Market - if You are afraid to loose then plese find another investment method.

Hi, any friend can help how to control the lot of this ea?is that the setting of min lot or max lot to control it? thanks

I have added the choice for MM. If MM is set to false, it will trade with the lots size specified in Lots. Hope this is what you are looking for.

hxxp://[email protected]/file/xFSxkHbn/Smart_Scalper_113.html

Edit: The 3x is still there, this come with the original EA. Under certain conditions, the EA will open 3x the lots. I would suggest leaving as it is as it is part of the EA's strategies. So, if you put 0.01 for Lots, occasionally there will be a trade with 0.03.

I have also added the EA_Comment field in case you have several EAs trading on the same account and it would be easier to identify the trades on the MT4 Statement. ;-)

Edited by JasonKwok

it seems that it is actually supporting ECN broker as well. just checked their website and found this...

http://www.smart-scalper.com/default.asp?app_id=0012&news_id=1

Some Advantages:

- No Martingale. So you won't be worry about the growing of the loss trades.

- ECN and non-ECN broker compatible.

- Automatically adjusts to work on 4 and 5 digit brokers.

- 100% automated.

- No prior Forex experience or knowledge required.

- Easy installation with a user friendly manual.

- Lifetime support and customer service.

- No subscription charges, strictly a one time purchase.

- 1 year free update.