Reading out MQL code from commercial indicator?

Hi,

I'd like to know if it is possible to find out how this indicator calculates its range. It's from Le@rnf0rexlive course and provides an average daily range to estimate how much intraday volatility you can expect. I haven't found a common ATR setting which equals the indicators range so I wonder how it is calculatied.

It works pretty well and most often there is a level of support or resistance when these ranges get reached even if these levels will eventually break. My idea is to add a standard deviation to its calculation as there are days with a greater or less range and see if these levels would work too. But again, we have to find out how it is calculated.

Any ideas?

Regards

Sherlock

http://[email protected]/files/395254423/ATRprojections.ex4.html

Edited by sherlock

• 2 months later...
Hi,

I'd like to know if it is possible to find out how this indicator calculates its range. It's from Le@rnf0rexlive course and provides an average daily range to estimate how much intraday volatility you can expect. I haven't found a common ATR setting which equals the indicators range so I wonder how it is calculatied.

It works pretty well and most often there is a level of support or resistance when these ranges get reached even if these levels will eventually break. My idea is to add a standard deviation to its calculation as there are days with a greater or less range and see if these levels would work too. But again, we have to find out how it is calculated.

Any ideas?

Regards

Sherlock

Hi sherlock. I only finished yesterday to download the course. So you mean you need to visualise the code for that indicator? If yes, that's easily attainable. Please let me know.

Hi,

Any ideas?

Regards

Sherlock

Link doesn´t work anymore.

Any mirror please