4-6gmt London Breakout EA -Needs modifying..very profitable

Guest dave_rimmer

Guest dave_rimmer

here we have an Ea that i have run live on alpari uk with good consistent results. Works on gbpusd M15 4-6gmt

Can backtest and it shows good results .

The problem is it wont work with other advisors on same currency pair.I want to be able to run this advisor on m15 gbpusd ..and a different advisor on m5 gbpusd.Can someone alter the code please

http://depositfiles.com/files/aa4lsrzvz

I rechecked the code. Make sure you're using the mq4, not the ex4, as I didn't check the code of the ex4. It's the one ending in ~.mq4

They are probably the same, but just to be sure.

On the code, it only opens and, more importantly, closes orders of trades with that specific magic number, so it can't be interfeering with the other ea, unless it also has the same magic number.

Do you have the other one so I can check it, or do you have another EA that works on gbpusd to put them together and test?

Guest dave_rimmer
I rechecked the code. Make sure you're using the mq4, not the ex4, as I didn't check the code of the ex4. It's the one ending in ~.mq4

They are probably the same, but just to be sure.

On the code, it only opens and, more importantly, closes orders of trades with that specific magic number, so it can't be interfeering with the other ea, unless it also has the same magic number.

Do you have the other one so I can check it, or do you have another EA that works on gbpusd to put them together and test?

Here is the other Ea BigBEN GBPUSD M5 Breakout that i am trying to run live together.If you can get both to run on gbpusd = great because these are the only two ea's i will leave to run live..oh am using alpari uk 5 digit.

thanks

http://depositfiles.com/files/qwmcem8cc

Hi dave_rimmer,

BigBen has a lot of parameters, the included set is optimized for alpari uk ?

particularly I don't understand well hourstart, hourstop, minutestart, minutestop, rehourstart, rehourstop, reminutestart, reminutestop,

I see that trading time is 5-8 am

which is the correct setting for alpari uk (gmt+2 now) ?

theoretically it would be hourstart=(5+2)7 hourstop=(8+2)10 on alpari uk, right ???

i see default are hourstart=6 minutestart=10 hourstop=7 minutestop=51, also why those particular minutes setting???

Guest dave_rimmer
Hi dave_rimmer,

BigBen has a lot of parameters, the included set is optimized for alpari uk ?

particularly I don't understand well hourstart, hourstop, minutestart, minutestop, rehourstart, rehourstop, reminutestart, reminutestop,

I see that trading time is 5-8 am

which is the correct setting for alpari uk (gmt+2 now) ?

theoretically it would be hourstart=(5+2)7 hourstop=(8+2)10 on alpari uk, right ???

i see default are hourstart=6 minutestart=10 hourstop=7 minutestop=51, also why those particular minutes setting???

I Only use manual offset = 1 for alpari uk but what i need is to get both the london breakout ea,s to work together for max profit

The 4-6 gmt ea has small SL and good win ratio..BigBen performs equally aswell bigger profits overall

Guest dave_rimmer
everything seems fine with that one too.

I'm forward testing to see what the problem is, but can you describe it better anyway?

the 4-6gmt seems to open and order then immediately close it at 00.01 gmt each day effectively not trading whilst bigben trades ok.

see if your forward tests work out ok and post setfiles for 4-6gmt .I am using the alpari optimised set for max profit for 4-6 gmt Ea.Maybe it detects another advisor on same pair and shuts down unless alpari does something. I am getting order Cancelled in my journal

Hi Dave

From the 2 days forward testing, I got nothing.

I noticed though that 4_6 created some stop_orders but they were all deleted after a minute or less. Weird.

So I went through the code and found a major but related to deleting an order after some time. It just deletes them no matter what due to a programming bug.

I corrected it in some way, it was related to the DelTime field. The difference now is that you should put only integrer values, like 8 or 9 instead of 8:30.

I didn't try it but I backtested it and it seems to be working alright.

Give it a try.

http://www.multiupload.com/3XC03D27BY

Guest dave_rimmer
Hi Dave

I noticed though that 4_6 created some stop_orders but they were all deleted after a minute or less. Weird.

So I went through the code and found a major but related to deleting an order after some time. It just deletes them no matter what due to a programming bug.

I corrected it in some way, it was related to the DelTime field. The difference now is that you should put only integrer values, like 8 or 9 instead of 8:30.

Give it a try.

Ok Thanks ..will try and post back results..

dave

Guest dave_rimmer
Hi Dave

Give it a try.

Hi Still same problem with this Ea..It opens to sell stop orders then immediately cancels them ..seems to be a bug in code can someone fix

Guest dave_rimmer
I'm using 4-6 gmt breakout since 24 may and it made 15 trades, also for me sometimes it makes pending orders and then it deletes them, but other times it trades without problems. my broker alpari uk.

which setfile are you using and are you running any other ea,s..How many winning trades out of the 15 Total

Edited by dave_rimmer
extra info

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...