(REQ) Forex Kagi

Many thanks to JoeyTrader for his welcome sharing.

My analysis of the resulting discontent goes like this .... The MT4 Kagi indicator sure doesn't resemble the original Kagi lines because they were and are based upon a non-linear time line representing price data as the primary variable, while this one running on MT4 has to, by MT4's very nature, present its result on a linear time line as the primary variable. The problem and confusion arises when one sees the real prices going hotly off on a trend opposite to the indicative color of the Kagi indicator. It would indeed be a gambling man who opened trades based only upon this Kagi indicator on forex, it will rarely provide confirmation for trades selected by more modern indicators, especially so on forex.

The reason for this characteristic is obvious. Kagi is a supply and demand indicator rather than a pure price response indicator and therefore suffers for the same reason that the MT4 volume indicator is not usually reliable. The data for both the volume and Kagi indicators needs to be sourced from the whole marketplace and not be just from the transactions seen by your broker. One broker's transactions in isolation may always, sometimes or never represent a microcosm of the whole marketplace, hence indicators requiring to see the whole picture, as opposed to those simple responding to short-term price movements, are inherently unreliable. Remember that Kagi was developed in the 1800s when all Japanese share trading was through one central floor - same as in the US and everywhere else in the days of yore - hence the entire market could be viewed at once, albeit somewhat delayed, and the indicators of the day which required little computing power other than simple addition worked just fine. Kagi is simply not a runner in a fragmented, multi-broker market unless all data can be virgin-sourced from the inter-bank network without being modified by market-maker brokers looking after their own interests, which unfortunately are usually in conflict with your interests. If my analysis is off target would somebody please offer a clearer explanation.

Edited by witzcowitz

Thanks for your analysis.

Yesterday I visually backtested the Kagi-indicator in strategy-tester and found that it works like Renko-charts.

The Kagi-bar only changes its hight or colour when price moves a certain amount ( I have not looked into the code, so I don´t know the formula ).

My first assumption was wrong.

If you look on the historical chart, you see red and green bars of the Kagi-indicator, but they have nothing to do

with the bars on the main window of the chart.

Normal bars are drawn by price-movement over time.

The Kagi-indicator does not use time and its bar has nothing to do with the bar plotted in the main chart.

I hope you know what I mean.

To sum it up:

Looking on a chart and trying to see if the Kagi indicated price-reversals correctly is not possible.

The only way to find out if the Kagi gives good signals is by forward-testing or visual backtesting.

I did the visual backtesting and found that the signals were very good.

I have to forward test this next week.

I thought the indicator would give alerts with entry-and exit-points, but it does not.

Have to re-read the manual.

Thanks for your analysis.

Yesterday I visually backtested the Kagi-indicator in strategy-tester and found that it works like Renko-charts.

The Kagi-bar only changes its hight or colour when price moves a certain amount ( I have not looked into the code, so I don´t know the formula ).

My first assumption was wrong.

If you look on the historical chart, you see red and green bars of the Kagi-indicator, but they have nothing to do

with the bars on the main window of the chart.

Normal bars are drawn by price-movement over time.

The Kagi-indicator does not use time and its bar has nothing to do with the bar plotted in the main chart.

I hope you know what I mean.

To sum it up:

Looking on a chart and trying to see if the Kagi indicated price-reversals correctly is not possible.

The only way to find out if the Kagi gives good signals is by forward-testing or visual backtesting.

I did the visual backtesting and found that the signals were very good.

I have to forward test this next week.

I thought the indicator would give alerts with entry-and exit-points, but it does not.

Have to re-read the manual.

Thank you for doing the visual backtesting, fxeasy5.

Although I do not know about Renko-chart, I believe I understand what you are saying. I have used another non-time-based indicator in the past (it was called point and figure, I think), and it took me a long time to get over the ingrained habit of reading the horizontal axis automatically as the same time axis as the main window of price bars.

So this is actually encouraging news. Perhaps forward testing will tell more if this is a good indicator or not.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anybody got some results to show for the Kagi-bot, or even for the manual trading method? So far more than one week and no trades on mine.

I only do manual trades. Although I am not trading for a few weeks, I have set up couple of profiles on my demo Metatrader just to check on the Kagi, and strangely enough, I too have not seen any new valid trade signals all these time, even down to 15 minutes time frames. Either I am doing something wrong, or Kagi is a dud.

And I have also been receiving a lot of emails from the Kagi team, telling me to buy another wonder product called Forex Samurai. Notice the oriental theme?? Now that they have my email address for buying kagi, they have started sending me emails promoting any forex product that sounds anything remotely oriental, LOL. What's next? "Forex Shogun"? "Forex Taipan"? "Forex Mount Fuji?" (No offense to any Japanese friend on this forum, I am merely making fun of certain types of forex system marketers.)

Sorry, I am rambling, I tend to do that when I am in lack of sleep.

Anyway, if the kagi does not show any significant improvement in the next month, I will most likely ask for a refund from Clickbank before the 60 days refund period is up.

Just wondering, has anyone had any good experience to share at all for the kagi? I do not want my single-person experience to bias anyone else's opinion. Though it seems at least witzowitz also has not much luck with the kagi either.

• 4 weeks later...
Quick update: The Kagi has turned out to be, frankly, useless. Their team also never replied to any of my questions. So I asked for and already received my refund.

I will never understand why people sell such a thing.

The advertising was very good - ok, it is a template which somehow fits for all products , but is nice.

All the "income" for the sellers is gone for refunds.

Or do they count on people who are afraid or too lazy to request a refund ?

Strange thing.

• 1 year later...

links dead

Please upload again.. thanks

Forex Kagi Download link

Here you go.

Forex Kagi 2010:

http://www.4shared.com/file/i_ORCZMY/Forex_Kagi_2010_.html

Forex Kagi Bot:

http://www.4shared.com/file/Z8F0k9io/Forex_KagiBot_2010_.html

Bonus #1 Market Time indicator:

http://www.4shared.com/file/Q-WKxfvr/market_time_-bonus_indicator.html

Bonus #2 Iron Cross:

http://www.4shared.com/file/5suWl-xE/Iron_Cross.html

links dead

Please upload again.. thanks

Forex Kagi Download link

Here you go.

Forex Kagi 2010:

http://www.4shared.com/file/i_ORCZMY/Forex_Kagi_2010_.html

Forex Kagi Bot:

http://www.4shared.com/file/Z8F0k9io/Forex_KagiBot_2010_.html

Bonus #1 Market Time indicator:

http://www.4shared.com/file/Q-WKxfvr/market_time_-bonus_indicator.html

Bonus #2 Iron Cross:

http://www.4shared.com/file/5suWl-xE/Iron_Cross.html

all of the link dead again

all of the link dead again

I think you'll be wasting your time on this. But if you still want to check this out, here are all four files in one zip file:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KXKV2DBG

Edit: I think you'll be better off with looking up the true classic Kagi method, than this repackaged non-Kagi so-called Kagi system. I am not familiar with the true Kagi method myself, but I think it has more potential than this one being sold.

Edited by dukeaugustus

• 1 year later...

This Kagi thing is trash, but I understand that there must be some good advertisement and thus people want to waste their time like we did with the trash.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rjbges

Please give feedback about your experiences with this trash system, otherwise I will never upload requested stuff in the future.

Giving feedback is the least you can do

for getting your request fulfilled.

Kagi??? I looked at the .pdf and it shows ordinary candle charts and an indicator. I thought Kagi charts looked like a piece of thread going from top to bottom of prices.

I will look further later.

I remember I bought the stuff back then because it was announced as "the holy grail".

It wasn´t the holy grail, it was trash.

I put everything I have on my harddrive for "Kagi'" together and uploaded it.

I am not ready to read the material again and I cannot give advice.

In my brain there is the word "kagi" and it is tied to the word "trash". That is all I know about kagi now.

• 1 month later...

Kagi and Renko charts are time independent, therefore reducing noise. Renko boxes are limited pip boxes where Kagi lines on the other hand are not limited in size but continuation of price action. They could be combined together for better understanding of the market situations - they are indicators!

Cheers Hermes