Pro Forex Robot (PRF) by Ron Carter

if you replace "g_bool_392 = IsTesting();" with "g_bool_392 = false;", you should also comment the following line, or else your mt4 will crash

if (IsTesting()) profxShutdown();

by doing this, you disable the codes in the dll file where it reads history files( i havent analysed it and dont know exactly what it reads it for). but as im getting terrible result, obviously it reads history files to cheat:)

Edited by testttt

Sometimes when you copy and paste a password it will not work if there is an extra space copied before or after the word you are copying. Because even though it is a blank space, it is interpreted as a character. Or, some people accidentally copy one or both of the "quotation" marks, and when they are pasted in the password box, it will also fail. I ought to know, because I have done it so many times, when in a hurry. ;)

hmmmmm, tried it again and this time it worked.

Must be losing my touch.

Then you guys don't seem to value this strategy very much, maybe not spend any time on it then.

Manual trading is also fun.

If you look at the letterhead, there is no address or phone number for the Institute. It further states "Independently owned and operated". Which can mean anything. Without an address or phone number, the institute can be in his garage or bedroom.... :)) I also did a search on this institute, and any previous references to them on the Internet have been deleted. However, after further digging, they seem to be insurance brokers, maybe a sole proprietorship, and he does Forex as a hobby.:-?

Forex US Trading Institute Corp

11250 20th St

Miami FL 33172

305-222-1222

Company Profile:

Forex US Trading Institute Corp is located in the county of Miami-dade. It is associated with following industry(s): Insurance Agents, Brokers And Services - Insurance Agents, Brokers And Services.

Their website is updated with a letter from U.S. Trading Institute stating that the results are consistent with live results.

I tried to find out more about this U.S. Trading Institute, but I could not find any result from Google or Yahoo search.

Any idea if such institute exist?

result with the history being avoided by the EA:

http://stashbox.org/908984/usdjpy%2009-10.gif

what happens with the history not being avoided:

http://stashbox.org/908985/fixed%20usdjpy%2009-10.gif

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

educated..

http://www.4shared.com/file/RrPht6JG/pfr_2010_edu.html

pass indo-investasi

this is a scammer that reads history files to cheat in backtest, be careful when you use it

How do you find out that it was reading from the history files? Please kindly share your skills.

Thanks.

it asks if it istesting. if it is it directs the EA to retreive some kink of information from the .dll.

while we dont know exactly what it retrieves you can be pretty certain from testing that it is telling the EA not to enter particular trades on a date. turning the check off means it doesnt avoid these known date issues -- i posted my test results of the difference last page.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

I began to work with the EA till now so far good results...First Trade EurUsd 53 Pips, not bad at all.Now i have open trade with UsdChf Sell , as i see the situation also not bad -0.81 and slowly go down to the profit area.

I set up the Aggressive mode.

• 3 weeks later...

I re-visit this EA on FPA website and sort the trades based on currency pairs. Ironically, the worst pair, USDJPY, shown on their "cheat" backtest result happened to be one of the better performing pair during forward testing. The best currency pair during the "cheat" backtest was EURUSD and now is the worst performing pair during the forward testing. Here is the summary from trades posted on FPA.

Also noticed that this EA double the lot size after a lost trade, until a trade is a winner. Is this a form of martingale?

EURUSD -$216

GBPUSD $228

USDCHF $72.82

USDJPY $135.91

• 1 month later...
educated..

http://www.4shared.com/file/RrPht6JG/pfr_2010_edu.html

pass indo-investasi

this is a scammer that reads history files to cheat in backtest, be careful when you use it

No, it works this way - it is similar to Forex SkyLine.

It needs history in case You close Your MT, because it needs to know last loosing lot size, so It could double the lot.

It works on backtests and I think You could test it Live with micro lots. If it will loose more then 4 times in the row then I'd say You had bad luck - I have SkyLine running on my IamFX demo account and It is loosing and winning, but I do not think that it has lost more than 4 times in a row.

result with the history being avoided by the EA:

http://stashbox.org/908984/usdjpy%2009-10.gif

what happens with the history not being avoided:

http://stashbox.org/908985/fixed%20usdjpy%2009-10.gif

It needs to read history, because it needs to keep up doubling the loosing lot. It uses probability of not loosing too much. You should leave history check in place and test it starting from 1999 and You'll see that probability works - You might think of using News Filter, too.

Anyway, I'm going to build NewsFilter for backtesting and I'll try to find out best settings for all good EAs.

yes it is a martingale with equivalent consequences!

No, I do not think it is plain martingale, because it open only one order at the time. It uses indicators and probability.

But the Idea is similar - every new loosing trade is doubled and I think You could use same strategy with every Indicator with better winning probability.

I think I would try to make an EA using News Filter and probability - how big is chance of loosing 5 or more times in a row even if You use random direction without any indicator - I'll give You the answer later.

Edited by krisware

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...