[REQ] P*H*D M3th0d

Thanks to pauli (and indirectly to craven who would have shared it).

I'm posting a spreadsheet that's supposed to make the rules more clear although not complete.

Will you guys help me correct and/or complete it?

http://[email protected]/?8ezk57mtsty7a5w

From my understanding, a trade can be open if the number of A grade conditions is bigger than B and C.

The ADX rules related to B and C conditions seem to be missing. Looking at the clarification pic, I might guess that for B the ADX blue line is above the other two lines but maybe falling, while for C it is included between the other two lines.

The required direction of 1H chart for B condition is missing too.

Alos one more thing not clear to me is the buy/sell + LCD indicators. What needs to start at the same time? Only the LCD indicators or a favourable bar as well (with the other conditions met)? I might be splitting hairs here so I would say the LCD's only.

Any comment more than welcome, thanks :)

P.S. - I was forgetting, it looks like the Pivot indicator included displays the main S/R levels in a different way from the pics where the median levels appear to be set to false as well, or they would cut off maybe almost 100% of the trades.

Edited by alright
Note about the Pivots added

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'd say the following are the missing items

ADX = B = Blue line > 20 but falling, separation between the Green and Red lines

ADX = C = Blue line < 20, no clear separation between the Green and Red lines

Direction of 1HR chart = B = Flat, no real trend

Starting at the same time = LCD indicators

Not sure I understand what you're saying about the pivot points

Hi mate. Thanks for sharing your point of view. About the LCD indi you're right. I had overlooked that bit while it's neatly explained in the pdf.

As for the ADX, I replicated the chart as in pic '24th Sep'

http://screencast.com/t/f8yTYIWZb

and the bit marked as C has a value bigger than 20 but the blue line is falling and is between the other 2 lines, so the 3 lines are actually tangled together.

In pic 'Trade Example 2' the blue line in the bit marked as B is above 20 and falling, but still above the other 2 lines.

So I would go like this:

B = blue line > 20 but falling; still separate red and green

C = blue line > 20 but tangled with red and green

About the 1H chart for B I think you're right, it must be flat trend.

As for the Pivots I meant to reply to luxinterior's post #5. The indi in the chart does look different from the one we got (look at the dotted lines) but even ignoring that, the main difference is that the median pivots are set to false, while by default in the indi we downloaded they're set to true. So this one needs modified, otherwise the qualifying trades would be very few if not zero at all because the levels would be too close to each other with no room for 1:1 profit, unless using higher TF's.

What do you think about my suggestion on the score to qualify a trade?

On the pivots I just realised that maybe luxinterior was meaning something else: the values are actually different from the ones displayed in the pics. Mystery...:-?

Maybe it depends on individual broker's time for end/start of day? I assume the pivot calculations are based on end of day data. And when brokers have different practice of when to start its day candle, the resulting pivot calculations also differ. I am not near my trading computer at the moment, and I cannot remember if there is a setting within the stealth pivot indicator to adjust for GMT time shift.

Correct Pivot Indicator UPLOADED

Good observation, here is the proper pivot indicator below:

http://mir [ dot ] cr/1FYPFP6M
http://mir [ dot ] cr/15PMNUYH

Place this one on your chart, it will look the same as in the pix.

Voila! ;)

The pivot point indicator looks a lot different from the one in his images. Not sure why.

L

Maybe it depends on individual broker's time for end/start of day? I assume the pivot calculations are based on end of day data. And when brokers have different practice of when to start its day candle, the resulting pivot calculations also differ. I am not near my trading computer at the moment, and I cannot remember if there is a setting within the stealth pivot indicator to adjust for GMT time shift.

I'm using the broker recommended by the author i.e. FXDD and anyway there's no time shift to adjust in that indi I'm afraid.

Good observation, here is the proper pivot indicator below: Place this one on your chart, it will look the same as in the pix.

Thanks for this, craven. I had this one too and had tried it already. It did look like the one in the pics and I realise now it's probably the one they use, but I discarded it for the simple reason I couldn't compare it since it doesn't plot more than one day. It's also not very handy to look at because the lines don't stop at the last day but go back indefinitely. Amongst the many pivots indicators I have, no one matches this one so I suppose we have to get on with it. :-S I still wonder though why the other one was provided with the package you guys bought instead of the original included in the original Stealth system shared by craven here...:-?

Andy writes about using RSI Setting 14: 'We go long at + 50 and short at {-50}'. What the hell does it suppose to mean? As far as I understand RSI varies from 0 to 100, but it can't be negative (-50). And all this is supposed to be easy to understand even for beginners... It may be a good system, but Andy's language really pisses me off...

Andy writes about using RSI Setting 14: 'We go long at + 50 and short at {-50}'. What the hell does it suppose to mean? As far as I understand RSI varies from 0 to 100, but it can't be negative (-50). And all this is supposed to be easy to understand even for beginners... It may be a good system, but Andy's language really pisses me off...

I did not read Andy's work, but I suppose he means that when it comes from under 50 and cross the 50 up (+) or when it comes from above 50 and cross the 50 down (-).

I did not read Andy's work, but I suppose he means that when it comes from under 50 and cross the 50 up (+) or when it comes from above 50 and cross the 50 down (-).

I guess this is the only reasonable explanation. Considering how much Andy charges for his PHD, he could have hired an assistant who speaks English properly...:)

Has anyone tested this system live so far?

Yes, here are my first impressions (too early to jump into definite conclusions though): the system seems to be working, stealth support and resistance levels are amazingly correct. If you want more action and more pips, using 1M timeframe may be a good idea. I didn't test Camarilla yet, but at least some of Camarilla levels look very close to Stealth ones...

You're thinking too deep in this.

What he is simply suggesting is: buy when RSI is above 50, sell when below 50.

I paid 3K Pounds for the course, my girl friend and I will be travelling and trading live with Andy in the UK. He sounds really hot on the phone. I will keep everyone posted on the outcome.

I paid 3K Pounds for the course, my girl friend and I will be travelling and trading live with Andy in the UK. He sounds really hot on the phone. I will keep everyone posted on the outcome.

Craven, thanks for clarification on RSI.

I hope you won't be paying 3K pounds to Andy just for being 'hot'. :) He's got to be 'hot': otherwise nobody would pay him 3 grand for his 'revelation'. Just basic marketing.

I'm a bit skeptical about this guy: he is not the author of the Stealth method - he just modified it a bit using free and readily available indicators - any more or less experienced trader would do something like that to suit their own trading style. His PHD and Early Bird manuals, which appeared on this forum, are probably sufficient to figure out all the details of his 'improvements'. What is the 'holy grail' he is charging that ridiculous amount of money for? To explain what Camarilla levels are?

I'm pretty sure you would be better off spending the money on trading using Stealth and PHD and gaining experience this way. But who knows, may be I'm wrong... Anyway, I will be happy if you could prove me wrong after seeing this guy.

Craven, thanks for clarification on RSI.

I hope you won't be paying 3K pounds to Andy just for being 'hot'. :) He's got to be 'hot': otherwise nobody would pay him 3 grand for his 'revelation'. Just basic marketing.

I'm a bit skeptical about this guy: he is not the author of the Stealth method - he just modified it a bit using free and readily available indicators - any more or less experienced trader would do something like that to suit their own trading style. His PHD and Early Bird manuals, which appeared on this forum, are probably sufficient to figure out all the details of his 'improvements'. What is the 'holy grail' he is charging that ridiculous amount of money for? To explain what Camarilla levels are?

I'm pretty sure you would be better off spending the money on trading using Stealth and PHD and gaining experience this way. But who knows, may be I'm wrong... Anyway, I will be happy if you could prove me wrong after seeing this guy.

I must admit I'm pretty skeptical too but also intrigued to find out what 3k 'buys' for the day.

I also read (and I cant remember where) a report from guy that had sat in with Andy for the day.He also said it was based around Stealth but he would also be using another system too alongside it.Maybe the EB* 20 or jack@l juicer.......mmmmmmmmm!!!

That's so generous of you, mate, to sacrify yourself for the community:))

Joking apart, I have to say I share other people's concern here, and one more reason why I doubt this guy is that the biggest advertiser was cash-master. I myself and many other people, that I know personally, fell for his recommendations in the past to find out later it was only, as we would say in my country, "fried air", meaning just crap although very expensive, starting from the greatly infamous TUFXP (£ 2,400) and going through UFXmasters (£ 1,200) and other BS. By the way, if anyone is wondering about the amazing TUFXP results still reported on his blog just know it's lies. The last one of my friends, still stubbornly using it, stopped just 2 days ago, realising the naked truth at last.

I really wish this time it's not BS, for yourself and, unselfishly, for the indo-investasi members, 'cause I'm sure you will be sharing with us all, as you did already for the huge amount of stuff you've posted so far. ;) So let's all keep our fingers crossed for you [-O<

P.S. - By the way, why did you pay 3K pounds for the course? I thought it was "only" 2K...

Edited by alright
P.S. addition

Tak is a stock trader, I, on the other hand, am into forex.

He is a mathematical trader, his trades are executed based on numbers.

He doesn't do the chart thing, I, on the other hand, am a chart freak.

He doesn't do any teaching or mentoring. His secret is his secret.

Besides, he has three quarters of a billion dollars ($750,000,000.00) in liquid assets.

What would he possibly need my 3K Pounds for?

Craven if ur in Japan instead of traveling to the uk why not track down Takashi Kotegawa who I believe lives in Japan and ask him if he'd be willing to mentor you for a day for 3k pounds. I'm sure he's a better trader than Andy by leaps and bounds and besides it would probably be more convenient for you.

It's 1,997 Pounds for the Live 1-on-1, that's for one person. Add another 1K for 2 people attending the training = 2,997 Pounds, hence, 3K Pounds.

That's so generous of you, mate, to sacrify yourself for the community:))

Joking apart, I have to say I share other people's concern here, and one more reason why I doubt this guy is that the biggest advertiser was cash-master. I myself and many other people, that I know personally, fell for his recommendations in the past to find out later it was only, as we would say in my country, "fried air", meaning just crap although very expensive, starting from the greatly infamous TUFXP (£ 2,400) and going through UFXmasters (£ 1,200) and other BS. By the way, if anyone is wondering about the amazing TUFXP results still reported on his blog just know it's lies. The last one of my friends, still stubbornly using it, stopped just 2 days ago, realising the naked truth at last.

I really wish this time it's not BS, for yourself and, unselfishly, for the indo-investasi members, 'cause I'm sure you will be sharing with us all, as you did already for the huge amount of stuff you've posted so far. ;) So let's all keep our fingers crossed for you [-O<

P.S. - By the way, why did you pay 3K pounds for the course? I thought it was "only" 2K...

It's 1,997 Pounds for the Live 1-on-1, that's for one person. Add another 1K for 2 people attending the training = 2,997 Pounds, hence, 3K Pounds.

Wow craven, I admire your dedication in your quest to gain trading knowledge. But have you compared Andy's one-on-one package to other systems that include mentoring in the package. I am now seriously considering to sign up with the Nth Degree folks after trying out their free 2-weeks trading room twice ( and before any of you folks start hollering at me about sharing - I will share IF I DO decide to sign up :-) depending on my dinheiros situation). I have enquired about the cost and they are as follows :

- Launch Pad n Nth Degree system USD 328 ( can't remember exactly how much )

- Essential coaching package ( 1 on 1 via Go-to webinar ) for 3 sessions at approximately 1 hour per session USD 1,600

- Free access to trading room for 3 months included in the coaching package ( 3 times per week for trading US session only and 3 times per week for creating watchlist during Asian session ). They usually charge USD49 per month for the trading room.

- Free usage of their custom indicators for 2 months. They are currently using 2 custom indicators called Norwood alerts and Trend Indicator.

- And there's special section containing videos especially for the coaching students only.

The preceding details may have changed since I enquired a couple of months ago.

I just thought you would like to do a comparison before spending the 3,000 pounds on one session with Andy. I am not affiliated with Nth Degree in any manner but my limited experience with them through the 4 weeks in their live trading room has been good - they trade live and show both wins and losses and I like their approach of using multiple timeframes. Alas, until I have enough money, I am stuck using their free Jumpstart strategy as introduced by darkxxl some time back in this forum.

I have looked around. I'm sure there are other programs which work.

With all due respect, I'm not really into the trading room concept.

I've gone that route already, there are too many distractions and my performance is usually based on my attendance of the room. I really don't like having to rely on the existence of a trading room being my edge in trading.

Something caught my attention with Andy. It's somewhere along the lines of learning a skill, practicing it day in/day out, and becoming good at it.

If someone in their 70's took the training and has been trading successfully, then there must be some fabric to all this. There must be clear rules, check points, things to look for, things to stay away from, confirmations, etc. before executing a trade and I have been assured that there are, all of these exist with Andy's system.

I must say, if Andy's system and training are half as good as his students claim, then I think the 3K Pounds investment is a very small price to pay for a skill I can keep for a lifetime.

Wow craven, I admire your dedication in your quest to gain trading knowledge. But have you compared Andy's one-on-one package to other systems that include mentoring in the package. I am now seriously considering to sign up with the Nth Degree folks after trying out their free 2-weeks trading room twice ( and before any of you folks start hollering at me about sharing - I will share IF I DO decide to sign up :-) depending on my dinheiros situation). I have enquired about the cost and they are as follows :

- Launch Pad n Nth Degree system USD 328 ( can't remember exactly how much )

- Essential coaching package ( 1 on 1 via Go-to webinar ) for 3 sessions at approximately 1 hour per session USD 1,600

- Free access to trading room for 3 months included in the coaching package ( 3 times per week for trading US session only and 3 times per week for creating watchlist during Asian session ). They usually charge USD49 per month for the trading room.

- Free usage of their custom indicators for 2 months. They are currently using 2 custom indicators called Norwood alerts and Trend Indicator.

- And there's special section containing videos especially for the coaching students only.

The preceding details may have changed since I enquired a couple of months ago.

I just thought you would like to do a comparison before spending the 3,000 pounds on one session with Andy. I am not affiliated with Nth Degree in any manner but my limited experience with them through the 4 weeks in their live trading room has been good - they trade live and show both wins and losses and I like their approach of using multiple timeframes. Alas, until I have enough money, I am stuck using their free Jumpstart strategy as introduced by darkxxl some time back in this forum.