Forex Maximizer

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most important is forward testing. Some EA may be constructed based on past trades and it should be perfect and Backtest produced wonderful result, it has to be. But when forward testing, it was a disaster. This was written in the book "Trading for a Living" by Alexandar Elder.

As we are aware, GBPUSD is ranging during Friday and UK or US Holidays, and I have to turn the robot off manually during these days. I have modified the original EA to include MM to compute the correct position size, included an account stop loss and to include the option allowing the EA to trade on Fri.

The MM can be computed properly in the functions, TradeLong and TradeShort. in both functions, we could identify the Stop Loss and Entry Price.

Option to trade on Fri was easy to program as well as account stop loss.

But I have no idea how to get started to program for no trading when there is a public holiday in UK or US. Any one care to enlighten me?

This EA may not be as profitable but I would like to take this opportunity to learn how to program. Thanks.

Edited by JasonKwok

...But I have no idea how to get started to program for no trading when there is a public holiday in UK or US. Any one care to enlighten me?

Keep it simple. It isn't worth to look for a algorithm...Code it hard for the next 24 month or so and you'll be on the safer side

Edited by iwjw

• 1 month later...

But I have no idea how to get started to program for no trading when there is a public holiday in UK or US. Any one care to enlighten me?

Hey JasonKwok,

I would say just do it simply, by finding out the dates of UK and US holidays, declaring them in the variables and then just using an "if" statement. There may be an indicator out there that can gather holiday information from a website using DLL functions, because I know "FFCAL" indicator can do this with news impact levels.

Edited by chrisbenjy