Fish Forex Robot

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Jayman007
any latest update for the fish forex robot ??

Running this EA on a live account with TDFX using .2 lot size it took a $2140 loss last week wiping out all profits this ea has made me in the past few months. I'm done with this EA. The R/R ratio is not worth it in the long term.

BEWARE- all it takes is your recovery trade to go bad and you lose many months of profit.

My understanding is that this robot has been replaced by the vendor due to poor performance. The new robot is called the "fisher" and has to be purchased separately even though you may have already paid for the "fish" robot previously. But, they do give a "discount" for people who have already purchased the "fish". The new robot does not trade as often, but I do not know if it is profitable...:|

any latest update for the fish forex robot ??

Guest Jayman007

Blah blah blah.... I paid for fish forex and I'm not about to hand over more cash for a fixed version. I wish I could even say I made the purchase price back but after a big loss it puts you in the negative. As for trade frequency, fish only places trade setups once a day 4 days of the week. That means you only have a possibility to win 80 pips (each pair of trades is 10 pip TP and 30 pip SL) if EVERY trade setup it makes hits and wins. But if any 1 trade loses, it opens a recovery trade at 3x the size and if that loses you have just lost months of wins. The R/R ratio is too out of wack and you really need to be careful of leaving this running during volatile times (ie big news).

I was trading it at .4 lot size with 3x recovery trade setting. When it lost the .4 lot trade it opened a 2 lot trade (5x when setting is 100% set at 3x) and hit the 100 pip SL to lose me $2000. So beware, the logic being used to determine recovery trade size is broken. I'm running a paid for copy of 1.64.

On another note, Rita also sells an EA called ForexGreenbot and I'm running an educated version of that and so far seems stable but it does have it's losses. Fortunately just 1 set of losses doesn't kill your account.

Edited by Jayman007

Yes, I lost money with both "fish" and "greenbot" (now being replaced by Quattro).

She claims she is making a profit with these, but I don't know how. I have tried them on multiple brokers. :(

Blah blah blah.... I paid for fish forex and I'm not about to hand over more cash for a fixed version. I wish I could even say I made the purchase price back but after a big loss it puts you in the negative. As for trade frequency, fish only places trade setups once a day 4 days of the week. That means you only have a possibility to win 80 pips (each pair of trades is 10 pip TP and 30 pip SL) if EVERY trade setup it makes hits and wins. But if any 1 trade loses, it opens a recovery trade at 3x the size and if that loses you have just lost months of wins. The R/R ratio is too out of wack and you really need to be careful of leaving this running during volatile times (ie big news).

I was trading it at .4 lot size with 3x recovery trade setting. When it lost the .4 lot trade it opened a 2 lot trade (5x when setting is 100% set at 3x) and hit the 100 pip SL to lose me $2000. So beware, the logic being used to determine recovery trade size is broken. I'm running a paid for copy of 1.64.

On another note, Rita also sells an EA called ForexGreenbot and I'm running an educated version of that and so far seems stable but it does have it's losses. Fortunately just 1 set of losses doesn't kill your account.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
They are not pushing this bot too much because they came out with other bots since Fish, that include this strategy and a few others. Solomon, Lady, 4 Seasons... etc. Not that they trade much better, but, those are the newer products that they support.