Back to the future

@jjames,

I had previously posted this file already, here it is again.

Please find attached the files

Flux Metatrader version 1.1

and Flux Ninjia Trader version 2

Link is hxxp://sharebee.com/37d80245

PW: indo-

Kudos please if you like the file.

Best,

Hi mate you maybe have also acces to members area to check videos etc?

Extra kudos

@jjames,

I had previously posted this file already, here it is again.

Please find attached the files

Flux Metatrader version 1.1

and Flux Ninjia Trader version 2

Link is hxxp://sharebee.com/37d80245

PW: indo-

Kudos please if you like the file.

Best,

hi lerxst,

can you upload to mediafire or 4sh@re pls?? file is not found or can't download from the sites from the link that you provided. thanks

@jjames,

I agree with you on this. The whole idea of their system is that the past repeats, and so there are times when it seems throughout different period of the day; the trending and retrace of the charts look identical to what it does previously. We all know that european sessions is volatile, and u.s. and asian sessions are slower; but the problem is that the past doesn't repeat itself exactly. So, sometimes it's correct and some other times it's wrong when there's new or technicals affecting the markets.

Overall, the hit rate is not that high and they claim that if it differs from the past, it's a mirror effect. You can basically use that excuse to explain any trend that goes against you. It could be useful in gauging what typically happens but you could just scroll back and see previous days for that. I think we have to accept that nothing will predict the future if based on past results.

• 3 months later...

I paper-traded the indicator this week on ES and EUR/USD.

So far results are excellent and I am up 10% on a USD 5000 account in rather difficult market conditions.

It is actually a little bit spooky how the tool nails the cycles.

I am getting more and more curious what is really behind this data mining analysis.

Certainly it is not a scam.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I have my doubts this system is accurate in a 1 minute timeframe.

I mean, how can it be accurate by going 1 week back in time using historical data?

History repeats itself every week specially every minute?

If that's the case, then the holy grail has been found, no need to look further.

It is no holy grail, but it does have some value, I think I can use the flux (mostly the AMACD for me in scalping) as an additional filter before entering into trades signaled from other methods or systems. I scalp mainly on the M5 and M15 TF, so although the flux indicator runs on M1 chart, I am not really trading the M1 TF: we are looking at the overall shape and pattern created by the many M1 histogram bars. In fact, I have my charts so compacted that I cannot see individual bars, but look more like color shaded sine waves. For example, when I see a very sharp drop coming up in the AMACD histogram, let's say an obvious big drop from a high green top to a low pink bottom in mere minutes, then I know at that particular time over the last 4 to 6 weeks on this day of the week, the average price dropped sharply around this time, and if my signal is a sell signal, that does give me added confidence. However, if my signal is a buy, then I would be more cautious in jumping into the buy trade immediately.

So I can use the flux to refine my entry timing. Sometimes the flux nails the price change to the minute, but other times not very accurate. (As I said earlier, no holy grail.)

Other times, if I see the flux is just very flat and hover nears the 0 line, then I assume it was a ranging period, and usually that helps me to filter out some bad trades too.

I am not using the flux in the manner as officially taught on their website, but I have found some value in it as an additional entry filter. Just my 2 cents worth.

Now for those old enough to understand this reference: If I can only get my flux capacitor up to 88 miles per hour, we're going to see some serious s...

Joey to be honiest is it not a bit flip a coin 3 trading possabilities buy sell or do nothing

Hi jjames,

I am no expert for the flux capacitor, nor am I holding a torch for them.

And to be honest, it is possible I have been merely lucky for the times I have used the flux in trading for the past few weeks (which have been very sporadic, because my non-trading life currently is a bit too busy for me to be trading actively at the moment).

So I can only relate my limited experience as I have used the flux so far.

For those trades that I have checked with the flux, if I already have a solid signal from my own non-flux trading method, and if I see a strong confluence with the upcoming flux AMACD pattern, my scalping trades have been hitting way above 90% strike rate. And for the times I took a trade "against" a strong flux AMACD pattern (for example, if I buy, but the flux is showing a strong down-slope in its pattern), not only have my strike rates been lowered (to approx 40 to 60%), but the winning trades were also tougher to come into profit. Possibly just coincidence. But also maybe the flux is helping my trades?

Of course, I am also selective in choosing which patterns on the flux do I pay heed to. Normally, I start to pay attention only if the magnitude of the AMACD change is significant. (eg. very high altitude to very low altitude in a very short time, or in reverse) for it to qualify as my additional trade filter. And I would also use long stretch of low altitude on the AMACD as indication of potential flat/ranging price period to keep me out of trading.

I have to admit this indicator is probably not suited for everyone. It may be a bit like reading tea leaves to most people. For me at least it seems to be helping so far.

In my own trading, I have to struggle to improve in two areas: (1) psychology/confidence, and (2) winning probability. And as long as I think this indicator is helping to boost my confidence of going into a trade (helping out my psychology), and also my record so far is showing a bias towards improving my strike rate (helping in the probability front), then I would probably continue to use this.

But my philosophy is always to encourage anyone to find something that works for him/her. What works well for me, may not work well for others. Just like some traders are very good at pattern recognition, while others are better at number crunching. We need to adapt our trading methods to our strengths and weaknesses.

Sorry, this post is far longer than I intended, it is not meant to be a long sermon. I'll shut up now.

• 1 month later...
Joeytrader, have you tried using this on the daily TF? and how does one go about getting the daily data input to the FLUX? as i have tried and it looks very very small....BTW i totally agree with you the FLUX is not suited for everyone but i believe combining the FLUX with a good main system such as S&R or Pivot trading techniques one can definitely increase their hit rate waaaaaaaaaaaay over 90%.

Joeytrader, have you tried using this on the daily TF? and how does one go about getting the daily data input to the FLUX? as i have tried and it looks very very small....BTW i totally agree with you the FLUX is not suited for everyone but i believe combining the FLUX with a good main system such as S&R or Pivot trading techniques one can definitely increase their hit rate waaaaaaaaaaaay over 90%.

Hi dbg,

No, I am mostly a intra-day trader, trading short timeframes (M5 to M15, occasionally M1 to refine entry), so I have no experience with using the FLUX at the daily TF.

And from what I think the FLUX does, I am not sure if it is feasible or meaningful to use it at such a large timeframe. As I understand it, the principle behind the FLUX system is to identify possible specific time of day on specific day of week when large traders enter long or short trade, and have done so consistently over the last 5 or so weeks. And the system is designed to identify such time, assuming that past 5 weeks history will likely repeat, and then enter trade in predicted direction at the specific time.

So I do not think the FLUX indicator, if put on daily timframe, will show anything meaningful.

Also, as I mentioned in an earlier post, you should be looking at the "pattern" of the FLUX, not the actual individual histogram bars. So, maybe you can still use it on M1 (the standard settings) but look at the pattern of the PowerZone; or if you find M1 too low, try M30, or H1 (I think even H4 is too high a timeframe for the FLUX to be meaningful), and see if it is helpful.

But in general, I do not think FLUX is designed to be meaningful once you start trading outside of intra-day timeframe.

But I do not see myself any expert in this, so I can be wrong. Others better versed in this please chip in.