James16

Hi Guys,

Here's an extract from a good article I found on the web called "James 16 Decoded" which summarises the trading method:

"Time Frames

James advises that you should trade daily or weekly charts. However, many of the readers on the James16 thread prefer to trade the 4 hour or 1 hour chart as it provides them with more frequent trading opportunities. James cautions against this as the entry patterns are more reliable on higher time frames.

Entries

James focusses primarily on buying the dip in trends (James does not deliberately trade against the trend as he believes the quality of entry is poorer). James uses price action (PA) around significant prices on the chart to find his entry points. These entry are based on a combination of 3 - 4 bar based reversal patterns clustered near points of confluence.

The bar based patterns used for setups include:

•Inside bars

•Pin bars (PB)

•Bullish outside vertical bars (BUOVB)

•Bearish outside vertical bars (BEOVB)

•Two bar matching lows with second bar making a higher close (DBHLC)

•Two bar matching highs with second bar making a lower close

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4055/4549331650_2fca321f50_o.png

Of these setups the Pin bar or “Pinocchio Bar” is by far the most commonly employed entry method. The pinbar is effective a swing high or swing low. A good pin bar has a long nose (and a long nose relative to the open/close/low); a nose protruding a long way from the prices around it (it ‘sticks out’) and the open / close both near one end of the bar.

When a trade is on, the James16 traders will open up 3 to 4 small positions and seek to close the first trade out as soon as a small profit is locked in and then scale out of the remainder of the positions as the price moves further in their favor. The ultimate target is usually something like a fibonacci extension or some other feature on a chart. Other traders on the thread will just trail a stop loss behind the entry.

You might be wondering why I wrote this article. After going around the traps a bit I occasionally run into full time traders. In the last 12 months I have met 2 full time traders who have been trading live for a while and survived more than a couple of years and both of them trade methods based on James 16’s approach. Given this, I would say that James’s methods are worth a deeper look."

As I see it, essentially the James16 system isn't a system as such, it's more like a trader's toolkit. You can either become a total follower of James16 or just make use of some of the trading tools. Pinbars are used in a variety of trading systems to good effect and confluence of Fib and S/R levels through various timeframes obviously increases how effective these levels are going to be, just being aware of these things can make you a better trader overall even if your main system is something completely different.

Hi soundfx

First, thank for sharing on James16 info.

Agreed that using of confluence of Fib and S/R levels through various timeframes made us a better

trader if we are able to incorporate it into our own strategy.

I also looking to reading up on PA info to incorporate into my strategy.

Hope to master part of it and start a thread on it to share and learn

with other on PA too.

Thank you

Edited by learningfx

James 16 ripped off Prings trading technique, he doesnt even trade himself in my opinion, he apparently takes trades and shits himself as his stops are too large for his potential profit, he makes money from subs on his private forum which is no better than stuff you get free on the net, just go to the master and google 'Pring' not this rip off artist james16.

• 2 weeks later...
Yep Martin Pring, I know a trader in theJ16 private forum, said its full of threads started by noobs, all the videos (there's not many) are all AFTER the move has happened. Seriously, this guy is just collecting subscriptions on the back of Martin Pring. But he employs several people to spread his name over the web...

There are many other websites exclusively focus on price action PA style forex trading. They include Nial Fuller's website and Forex4Noobs.

I trade primarily PA style and learnt a lot from James16 and the rest. Just type Nial Fullor or Forex4Noobs in Google and you will find lots of freebies and webinars there

J16 is good, i saw few movie from him but unfortunately i am not able to afford the member fees. Anyway, J16 has mentioned his trading style is based on marting pring and all information is free available on FF. His private forum is just a filter to noise only.

Hi Guys thanks for all the help.

I am still looking for more stuff also pivot points i like they work also verry good so pl keep on sharing everything related to price action here.

Also if someone can post all the Martin Pring stuff here would be nice and some stuff realted to pivot point.

Lets work together and make a solid system i am still backtesting but every help is welcome when i am done with that i will make you tube vids and a chat room in the future free of course so whe can help each other to become good traders.

So keep the stuff coming

Thanks

JJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...