Pyramid v3.2MA

Cash machine looks good as well. Lucky candles v3 looks the most interesting as the drawdown is minimal compared to average monthly profit.

I am getting this one.... but for some reason, the EA has not yet arrived in my email and I am getting agitated.

I finally got this one off another trader. Lucky candles v3 seems to be a hedging martingale. That is, it opens trades in both directions, gives the direction in thinks is going to work a larger lot size with no take profit, and the other direction a smaller lotsize and take profit. Should the smaller lot trade get hit, it opens up another hedge in the other direction with larger lot size, etc .etc. and so on and so on, until it can close all open trades in a net profit.

Seems to work well on EURUSD, but backtetsing on other pairs.... while mostly stable a good deal of the time, displayed account blowup on USDCHF.

Plus the drawdown from a failing trade may dig deep into equity before staging a comeback... so trading multiple pairs is actually quite risky.

If someone posts Pyramid EA, then I'll post this one.

Sharing is caring ;)

Edited by Rio

This is the Pyramid EA thread ;)

If someone posts Pyramid EA, I will post Lucky Candles v3.

I think Pyramid EA might even be better than Lucky candles. There is a small risk with Lucky Candles that it can blow your account.

If somebody gets pyramid, make sure you give them an email that has no spam filtering on it to send the EA to. (I hear Hotmail's spam filtering is fairly weak)

We'll do the educating :)

Edited by Rio

I managed to educate Lucky Candles, and I managed to get Pyramid and Cash Hammer from some other traders on other forums. Maybe one of you guys can get one of the other EAs from that vendor and I'll share. ...but anyway.... all these EAs are grid hedgers, which work almost like martingale. Everything is fine, until occasionally price does something like the EURUSD did over 3 days and drop 300 pips, and not come back. Then hedging will use all your equity and may even destroy your account.

These EAs are risky. I think your money is best spent elsewhere.

Trouble with educating this company's EAs is that there are two parts where you need to educate it.

First part is to remove the obvious check to see if the hardcoded account number is the same as the account number, and fail if it is not.

Second part is to find a routine in the code called GetProPoint()

It is called every time the EA wants to make a trade, and will fail if the account number is not the same as a harcoded string of bytes hidden in the routine. It is easily worked around though by forcing the routine to output the correct return value however.

Very sneaky.

Edited by Rio

• 2 weeks later...

Here it is.

A bunch of traders on another forum had their account wiped out by this EA on the recent EURUSD move. Boy, were they angry.

So I did them a favour and educated it. they lost enough money buying it, and then losing a substantial amount of cash when it imploded. They could care less about technical support with their money wasted.

Now you too can experience 50% monthly growth on your account too... until EUR volatility destroys whatever money you have left in it. If you are to use it at all, I recommend applying a stoploss so that huge moves don't kill you.

http://www.4shared.com/file/JsqMuuXa/pyea32.html

i was testing the ea on demo and the move from 1.2340 to 1.2590 was handled like a breeze though account is a micro.it has made some money and there are no open positions except one .01 size sell for minus 50 cents and there are waiting orders,same for eurgbp about 100 pi move just one small .01 size remains and some 30 usd made without any tied up margin beyond 4 usd in use at this moment.there are orders lying for both pairs.

am i naive or is it a real killer in disguise??

• 6 months later...

I heard around that the update to Pyramid (v4.0) trades exactly the same as 3.2

The only difference? An anti piracy DLL ... so no need to "update"

here's a link to 3.2 again, with updated set files for 5 digit brokers.

http://www.4shared.com/file/5E1MYudg/pyea32.html 

It's still a risky EA. I'd much rather use their "Eureka Lock" EA which at least *seems* to not blow accounts when things don't go it's way. Unfortunately that one is DLL protected and will need some rather special educating that I am unable to do.