HiRIDER Advanced

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jayman007
Hello all,

Can anyone let me know where I can find HiRider Advanced manual or, at least, parameters input explanations ?

I'm using HiRider Advanced Mod 1 and it's looking good so far.

Cheers,

J.

I'm looking for the same.

Guest Jayman007
hello, by default the strategy 1 is disalbed. Why? Is strategy 1 good or bad? thanks.

Good question. I don't see any option in the user settings to enable/disable individual strats. I too show that strat 1 is disabled and has always been that way for me.

I can tell you I have been running this on both live and demo accounts for some time now and have yet to have a single losing trade. I run at .1 lot size max 10 trades per strategy on E/U 5 min. So far this has been the biggest money maker EA I have been testing hands down.

I have to say that it doesn't always open 10 trades at a time. 10 is the max and it usually will open 10 but sometimes I see it open less. Not sure why. But since no losses I can't much complain.

It seems strategy 1 was enable in HiRider original version and it has shown not profitable.

So, the developers decided to disable it in the version Advanced.

I agree with Jayman, I'm also having good results in DEMO and I'm preparing to go Live. However, to be safer, I'd like to add an hedge strategy to avoid a catastrofic event.

That's why I've requested help few post ago with its manual or input parameters explanation. But it seems no one has it.

Cheers,

J.

Jayman,

It would help a lot if we understand EXACTLY what the last 3 parameters do:

UseMM - Does it ONLY manage lot size or do somethingelse ?

LotsRiskReductor - I've notice some trades been close out before hit SL. I suspect it's this feature in action.

MaxLots - The maximum number of trades is set for each strategy. so, I'm not sure what this parameter does.

Note I'm using the Mod1 variation of this EA. I don't know if other versions have those.

Cheers,

J.

Guest Jayman007

I'm not 100% on this but looking at the code it seems that if UseMM=False then it uses the Lots setting to determine lot size. If UseMM=True then it uses LotsRiskReductor to determine the lot size based off of your free margin and leverage. This calculated lot size is then compared to MaxLots and the smaller of the 2 is used. This insures that when using money management that the calculated lot size used is never greater than MaxLots.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Jayman007,

Good question. I don't see any option in the user settings to enable/disable individual strats. I too show that strat 1 is disabled and has always been that way for me.

I can tell you I have been running this on both live and demo accounts for some time now and have yet to have a single losing trade. I run at .1 lot size max 10 trades per strategy on E/U 5 min. So far this has been the biggest money maker EA I have been testing hands down.

I have to say that it doesn't always open 10 trades at a time. 10 is the max and it usually will open 10 but sometimes I see it open less. Not sure why. But since no losses I can't much complain.

Please kindly post the version of Hirider that you are forward-testing on both live and demo account here. I am interested in testing it to have a feeling how it works asap next week.

Also, please post the preset file that you are using, too. Which brokers are you using with this ea? on how much balance and what lot size are you using? Sorry to ask you these things, but I wish to use this ea properly with suitable account balance to avoid margin calls in future.

This ea is used on EURUSD, M5 timeframe, right ?

One more question, the Hirider Advanced Mod1 in previous post has been fully removed of all restrictions? Does it still need DLL file ? If yes, could anybody post the suitable DLL file to be used with this Mod1 version?

Thanks a lot

Jennifer

Guest Jayman007
Dear Jayman007,

Please kindly post the version of Hirider that you are forward-testing on both live and demo account here. I am interested in testing it to have a feeling how it works asap next week.

Also, please post the preset file that you are using, too. Which brokers are you using with this ea? on how much balance and what lot size are you using? Sorry to ask you these things, but I wish to use this ea properly with suitable account balance to avoid margin calls in future.

This ea is used on EURUSD, M5 timeframe, right ?

One more question, the Hirider Advanced Mod1 in previous post has been fully removed of all restrictions? Does it still need DLL file ? If yes, could anybody post the suitable DLL file to be used with this Mod1 version?

Thanks a lot

Jennifer

I run on E/U M5 on both live tdfx and live fxcm.

[spoiler=download link] http://mir dot cr/1QMAECI8

this is fully educated but you still need to use the included dll.

I forgot to add, I started this on a 2k account and trade the .1 lot size. It has never lost (knock on wood). I have been warned from others that when it does lose it can take out several months of profits. I might just pull it from my live accounts.

Edited by Jayman007

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...