Metatrader version 4.00 build 226 and memory consumption

i dont upgrade my live accounts immediately. and yes i have found on my demo which mimics my live account that memory consumption is up. i havent had it crash yet though.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Hello, I hire a VPS and would like to know which ram recommended. Would use the time 8 or 9 EAs for testing.

Thank you very much

Hi,

...depends very much on the EAs... you should set up an MT4 -as you are planning to use it- on your home PC and see how much memory it consumes (i.e. task manager).

regards, DerOnkel

Thanks for your expertise Birt, always appreciated:) The question now, is there any reason to upgrade to build 226? I can only see disadvantages mostly due to the memory consumption but I don't know if there is any other effects as well? I am running 5 different charts with the same EA and the memory consumption for my mt4 went from 13mb to 28mb. I think that's is a huge step in wrong direction...

Hi, thanks for responding. I installed the task manager and I said that

metatrader consume 65-70 mb, then a VPS with 384 mb would be sufficient?

512 or 640 or better?

thank you very much!

Hi,

seems OK, but don´t judge too fast, better let it run for some time and see how much mem is needed, when more of your EAs get active at the same time and when some trades are open to be managed. All this affects the max amount of memory you need.

luck, Onkel