Best countertrend system for ultrashort term trading? - over 200% return real CTA

I am trying to build a counter trend system, such as trying to trade the rebounds in big falls and spikes, without getting caught on a breakout and I need some ideas.

What is the best counter trend system you know of, that works on the very short time scale (trade closes within 10minutes or so with at least over 20pips)? One short term CTA (Commodity Trading Advisor) made the top #1 this year on the Barclay Hedge List, returning 204% in past 12 months. This is with managed money of less than $10million.

hxxps://www.b@[email protected]/managerscorner/perf_ranks/cta/Currency.html

The best returns are obtained by D2W C@pit@l

hxxp://d2wc@[email protected]/index.php?page=investment-methodology

Does anyone here know of such good strategies and would like to share with us here?

I must tell you, I am working with some Bollinger Band reversal patterns on 5MIN, and my simplistic EA seems to be making money. I am looking for better techniques and strategies though.

Thanks for your contribution.

Smart

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I cannot share the EA that I am coding myself. But I can share some of the ideas. I am here to discuss ideas. Attached is the performance of my countertrend dip buyer (the EA only BUYS at extreme dips, specified by my proprietary combination of technical indicators and no martingale, no semimartingale, risk & money management depends on ATR multiples and Kelly).

Anyone wants to discuss Ultra Short Term & High-Probability Counter Trend Trading?

http://www.imagebam.com/image/6cc78077153651

http://thumbnails10.imagebam.com/7716/6cc78077153651.gif