Lincor EA (education request)

Re: Lincor EA (education request)

How do you know this EA is a "GEM" ...what does the homepage say? What PAIR and WHAT timeframe, settings, ect....?

2009-10. 6.5% DD

http://stashbox.org/836643/eurusd%205m%202009-10.gif

oops. i had the Ea on open prices. the every tick result is almost identical.

here is the EA decompiled:

http://stashbox.org/836729/ConstantInvest%7E.mq4

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tazz,

If you put the EA in only one pair then there's nothing in the code which knows what you want to arb. it against.

I've not used the EA before, though I had a quick look at the code and it appears to compare against orders in the order pool.

So...if you want to trade Gold and Silver you need to add the EA to both.

Now I'm not sure if you can run other EA's at the same time. There is a magic number which means that you probably can.

I don't think it matters which timeframe the EA is attached to because all the timeframe info. it needs appears to be hardcoded.

I'm not a code expert by any means, though I was assuming that it was identifying orders from pairs to arb. against from the order pool, given that we can't find any details on how it needs to be run and that the parameters don't allow you to enter a list of codes you want arb. against.

Hmmm...if it's not doing any arb. at all then we must have been given the wrong EA originally.

We'll soon see what it actually does if anyone manages to get it to do anything in demo...

• 1 month later...