(ASK) Placing orders

flib

Hi guys,

I'm at the stage where I've written a few basic indicators, mainly by muddling through so I'm in no way proficient at the coding. What I'd like to do next is learn how to place orders when I decide to (not automatically).

For example, if I have an indicator which has done some simple arithmetic and has output three numbers 1, 2, 3 what is the best method to allow me to open a trade that opens a BUY-STOP to buy at 2 with a stop loss of 1 and a target of 3 ?

Is this an expert advisor that I turn on when I want to trade ? Or is it a script ?

So, I'm just looking to be pointed in the right direction. Maybe someone has an example that I could look at ?

Thanks.

Re: (ASK) Placing orders

Hi flib,

Good day,

If you are not into creating EA or script, then you are looking for a script that is called HOT keys EA or script.

I believe we have some of them here in the forum.

I believe this is the link:

http://www.indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=7095&p=70133&hilit=Hotkeys#p70133

if there is anything else, please let me know.

Best wishes,

a New Year 2011 has come, and the challenge has just started 8-)

Hi Scarface,

Thanks very much for the link.

Looking at my original post I don't think I explained things too well :-/ My indicator is showing me buy, stop loss and target values on my chart at any given time but for me to make the trade I have to type these into MT4 each time. What I'm after is a way to automate that so that I just start a script (or EA ?) which takes the numbers from my indicator and places the trade.

I'll have a read of your info at the weekend and hopefully that'll be a good start. I don't expect it to be as easy as it sounds, lol

Hi flib,

Good day,

I vaguely remember whether we make indicator itself to trading auto under some conditions or not. I believe I have seen some indicators using Ordersend function, but never tested them.

You can, however, convert your indicator to EA so it trades the way you want.

I hope this is useful.

Best wishes,

a New Year 2011 has come, and the challenge has just started 8-)