Pendulum ea

Guest dave_rimmer

Re: Pendulum ea

Hi,

I tried to put this EA on FXDD and IBFX.

Even I set up Multiplier = 1. I did not know why this EA place 1 pending sell and 1 pending buy. Lot size is 0.07 ?

Why it started with 0.07 lot size on both FXDD and IBFX even 2 accounts have 2 different amount (FXDD has 300usd, and IBFX has 1000usd). Does it mean that this EA has something wrong with lot size calculation?

Hope that someone can help to explain, and if possible, please provide the link where this EA is sold. Maybe, if it is potential, I will ask the seller of this EA.

Thanks

Han

The EA places 2 pending orders, one BUY and one SELL, when one of them is reached, then it places a lot of another pending orders, with same target, and I was not able to find out the variable that controls that.

It is a profitable EA, perhaps if we could read somewhere about the logic used, it would be useful, if anyone knows where does it come from, pls share. Thanks

Struggling to understand this

The first user open which defaults to 3.0 Ruka will not work with my 5 digit broker

Invalid lots, if I change this to 0.3 it works, opens 0.20 lots on a $1600 live account

If I reduce this to 0.1 it opens 0.50 lots for the pending buy and sells? so the lower I set this number, the higher the lot size and increased risk I am assuming

I'm having the same issue as one of the posters, it places 2 trades when one is active; it keeps opening and deleting the 2nd pending order at the same price every few seconds. Resulting in a few hundred cancelled orders in history

Dave, is this similar to your experience with it?

Guest dave_rimmer

i am using the 4 digit version on 5 digit platform alpari with 8-10 pips gap instead of 80-100

yes it does open lots of orders but it hedges itself and always comes out in profit

It does need work on the order handling side and sometimes i get repetitive orders ,cancels, and sometimes it does not

I feel that it needs looking at for the order handling but it is still making money and backtests are also good so if someone feels its worth modifying the order handling to remove errors and make orderReliable,orderDeleteReliable

The Parameters of Working from xxxx://codebase.mql4.com/3795

- Places two starting pending orders for buying and selling (the size of the lot is calculated automatically on the basis of the deposit size and the maximum increase of leverage from 0.01 to 0.07 lots) taking into account the size of two previous daily bars (the distance between the current price, the size of trailing and pipsing)

- The pending orders are "trailed" following the price until one of them has triggered.

- Pipses the triggered order by modifying the opposite order by the leverage level. Disables trailing, so the trading frontiers are defined.

- When the price reverses and an order with a leverage is opened, it places a pending order with a larger leverage in the reversed direction at the price of the first opened order, etc. (the maximum lot is increased by 2*218), creating the pendulum. The pipsing is disabled.

- Controls the gross profit and loss (automatically calculates the percentage of profits from 2% to 0.2%). Closes all orders in case of the profit presence.

@Dave,

Thanks for the detailed response. I've been demoing on Alpari and having some issues with the ea in general. It would place 2 pending orders, let's say the buy one 0.7 gets filled, so the other sell 0.21 hangs there and keeps open, delete until price actually hits that order. Then the order disappears and I'm left with the original 0.7 buy without any hedging or reversal, I guess just waiting it till turn positive.

In your experience, how is this ea suppose to trade or could you possibly show some trades so we can get an idea of what needs fixing.