Fusion v1.1a

CDaeda

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Fusion v1.1a

The concept of including a big stop loss (e.g., 210 pips) on a short-term scalping strategy (7-12 pips) is a conflict. It points to poor conceptual design. It also points to optimization. If the trigger mechanism leads to a trade that goes into such a major loss, that means the trigger did not work. The major reason for the big stop loss is on the hope and prayer that price will come back. Perhaps it will based on the law of averages, or mean reversion, or the prevailing longer term trend is in the correct direction. But not because the opening trade algorithm correctly predicted a successful trade.

The concept of including a big stop loss (e.g., 210 pips) on a short-term scalping strategy (7-12 pips) is a conflict. It points to poor conceptual design. It also points to optimization. If the trigger mechanism leads to a trade that goes into such a major loss, that means the trigger did not work. The major reason for the big stop loss is on the hope and prayer that price will come back. Perhaps it will based on the law of averages, or mean reversion, or the prevailing longer term trend is in the correct direction. But not because the opening trade algorithm correctly predicted a successful trade.

Well, in the case of hirider it works. And the strategy used to enter the trades seems good to me. Otherwise what would be the reason i am getting a straight line from bottom left to top right on my graph when i test it? What would be the reason this bot got 2nd place? Luck? Cool. On a 10 k account i happy to get lucky with this bot and come out with 18k in 2 months. Better than workin 9-to-5 on the 40-40-40 plan.

(there are some losses along the way but my account never gets close to 0 - it does on one broker and mt4 version - weirdly but that is only one of them)

Re: Fusion v1.1a. Thanks Birt

Hi Birt and others,

1. Firstly, I would like to say thank you to BIRT for his good decompiling and removing all restrictions of all EAs of FRWC, especially Fusion v1.1a.

I just put Fusion V1.1a to FXDD (live account), Alpari UK (demo account), and Interbankfx (live account), and here are results:

aaa. FXDD : 2 trades of Eurusd, all winners

bbb. Alpari UK: around 10 buy trades of Eurusd, all winners

2 Eurgbp, all winners

ccc. 1 buy trade of Gbpjpy at 141.30, and this pair moved up strongly to 142.86 before reversal.

Because I did not see Fusion v1.1a put the trailing stop to protect profit of Gbpjpy (even profit came up to 156 pips before reversal down to 142.00 again), I decided to put new stop loss at 142.00, and when Gbpjpy reversed down to 142 to hit new trailing stop, it moved up again, and now is at 142.40. Because on IBFX, it is my live account, I decided to manually put in trailing stop, if it is demo account, I will let it run until end to see the results.

I wondered why Fusion did not put in trailing stop to protect / lock in some pips profits even the trade came to over 150 pips profit ?

2. I noticed that the Gmtoffset of Supervolcano EA (Individual EA) did not adjust the GMT Offset correctly. I put it on FXDD, but on the screen, I saw it said "GMT = 2", but in fact, GMT Time of FXDD is +2.

Could you please have a look at this EA, and correct it again on this point, Birt ? Thanks a lot.

+ Here is forward-testing of Fusion on FXDD from my another friend: http://magister.mt4stats.com/

Regards,

James

Well, in the case of hirider it works. And the strategy used to enter the trades seems good to me. Otherwise what would be the reason i am getting a straight line from bottom left to top right on my graph when i test it? What would be the reason this bot got 2nd place? Luck? Cool. On a 10 k account i happy to get lucky with this bot and come out with 18k in 2 months. Better than workin 9-to-5 on the 40-40-40 plan.

(there are some losses along the way but my account never gets close to 0 - it does on one broker and mt4 version - weirdly but that is only one of them)

oh yeah? 10 years backtest means nothing, this robots were made to profit in the past for the hope it will profit in the future, for the hope of buyers, do you think the sellers will put this on live? =)) Curve fitting my friend, go learn about that. look at fapturbo, nine years of very good backtesting, and now in this couple months? many accounts blow out and many updates of the robot to make it profitable, trading is not easy, if it were everyone would be rich. You talk too much about backtesting, and not reaching the zero? @-) you talk like it was normal, 20% DD is too much, close to zero is suicide lol if you got that in past data, dont get suprised when your account will blow in foward testing. Seem like you are a newbie trader with too much dreams, saying this robot is better then a job 9-5 yah until it will not blow your account lol anybody here will quit their jobs for this robot? what a joke, get back to reality.

Re: Fusion v1.1a. Thanks Birt

Hi Birt and others,

1. Firstly, I would like to say thank you to BIRT for his good decompiling and removing all restrictions of all EAs of FRWC, especially Fusion v1.1a.

I just put Fusion V1.1a to FXDD (live account), Alpari UK (demo account), and Interbankfx (live account), and here are results:

aaa. FXDD : 2 trades of Eurusd, all winners

bbb. Alpari UK: around 10 buy trades of Eurusd, all winners

2 Eurgbp, all winners

ccc. 1 buy trade of Gbpjpy at 141.30, and this pair moved up strongly to 142.86 before reversal.

Because I did not see Fusion v1.1a put the trailing stop to protect profit of Gbpjpy (even profit came up to 156 pips before reversal down to 142.00 again), I decided to put new stop loss at 142.00, and when Gbpjpy reversed down to 142 to hit new trailing stop, it moved up again, and now is at 142.40. Because on IBFX, it is my live account, I decided to manually put in trailing stop, if it is demo account, I will let it run until end to see the results.

I wondered why Fusion did not put in trailing stop to protect / lock in some pips profits even the trade came to over 150 pips profit ?

2. I noticed that the Gmtoffset of Supervolcano EA (Individual EA) did not adjust the GMT Offset correctly. I put it on FXDD, but on the screen, I saw it said "GMT = 2", but in fact, GMT Time of FXDD is +2.

Could you please have a look at this EA, and correct it again on this point, Birt ? Thanks a lot.

+ Here is forward-testing of Fusion on FXDD from my another friend: http://magister.mt4stats.com/

Regards,

James

it is correkt if GMT 2, but if it is -2 then it is wrong. 8-)

some people live of daytrading.

some people live off eas.

don't get confused buddy but a black swan is exactly that, a black swan happens 3-4-5 times in ten years (if that many) the rest is profit.

then again, why are you in this forum if not looking for profit and dreaming about it???

and umm... backtesting does mean something...

Well, I did not wish to start a brou-ha-ha. I agree that backtesting and optimization are usually our best guides to what the future holds. But what happens is yet to happen. It may change from our expectations, however well founded. No doubt the 200 plus stop losses designed into HiRider were optimized for the best result. But it is also "Know-Nothing Empiricism." It works, even if the end result had little or nothing to do with the reason the trade was entered. Other designers have advertised "no loss" systems by building in large stop loss points, in which historically price made large excursions in the wrong direction only to return to profit. But such systems don't always continue to work in the future. Therefore, :) I try to heed Murphy's Law (If anything possibly can go wrong, it will.).

some people live of daytrading.

some people live off eas.

don't get confused buddy but a black swan is exactly that, a black swan happens 3-4-5 times in ten years (if that many) the rest is profit.

then again, why are you in this forum if not looking for profit and dreaming about it???

and umm... backtesting does mean something...

you are right, some people live off ea's, but not these ea's with 80% dd and 210 stop loss, like someone said, if an ea need a 210 stop loss, its a not a good strategy, it's just luck hoping for the return, auto traders have their own robots with rubust systems that knows about market like any manual trader and their RR is good, not 210 to 12, any profissional trader would not trade with this robot.

kwkee, i also confirmed it works, download it aain and wait. btw, it did not work in interbank fx for some reason, so you may want to double check with other brokers.

to the rest: im in no way advocating any of the bots, just saying that well, i have backtested many robots and this one performs better than manyof them that is all. I never said i will put it, the way it is right now on my live account. i too cannot live with a 2k loss, but if my account was larger i would put it.

te-foder, I agree. The HiRider reminds me of EB Turbo, which worked excellent for weeks but got several black swan in a row.

The best scalper I actually trade are the Bling Thunderbolts and Thunderstorms. With demotesting of more than 1000 trades I got maximum losses of 40 pips. And with my live trading I got now more than 220 trades with 90% winners. And the max loss was 6 pips. Sortino Ratio >1!

But important is a good broker like for all scalpers.

te-foder, I agree. The HiRider reminds me of EB Turbo, which worked excellent for weeks but got several black swan in a row.

The best scalper I actually trade are the Bling Thunderbolts and Thunderstorms. With demotesting of more than 1000 trades I got maximum losses of 40 pips. And with my live trading I got now more than 220 trades with 90% winners. And the max loss was 6 pips. Sortino Ratio >1!

But important is a good broker like for all scalpers.

Wow, where can I , or others, get Bling's THUNDERBOLTS and THUNDERSTORM?....the stats sound great! :-bd

Curve fitting my friend, go learn about that. look at fapturbo, nine years of very good backtesting, and now in this couple months?

Curve Fitting is like shooting at a barn door and then drawing bull's eyes around each one afterward. I've heard a good way to see if a system is curve fitted is if trading rules are different for each currency. If a system has the same system across all currencies, then it's probably not curve fitted.

Now, if that is true, how do we know if HiRider is Curve Fitted? I guess since you can only trade 1 currency with it, that might be an indicator?

Dear Wizard,

Sorry to mis-type. On FXDD, Supervolcano said "GMT = 0", while in fact, FXDD's GMT Offset should be +2.

I had to manually put Gmt = 2, and turn off Automatic Gmt offset time, then, finally, it showed GMT = +2.

By the way, the mt4sts in my previous link is from my other friend who just bought whole package for 999usd. I wonder why there have been so many trades like that on FXDD (my friend forward-tested it on demo account), while on my FXDD live account, there are only a few trades.

Are there any missing in decompiling job, and removing all restrictions without any missing by removing important codes of Fushion v1.1a, and other EAs, Birth ?

Also, on Alpari uk, there are many trades made by Fushion v1.1a on Eurusd (by Hirider's strategy).

Thanks for sharing experience on this issue.

Regards,

Are there any missing in decompiling job, and removing all restrictions without any missing by removing important codes of Fushion v1.1a, and other EAs, Birth ?

When it comes to understanding this question, I simply fail.

If you're trying to ask whether I removed any essential code when educating the EAs, the answer is no, only the authentication part was removed.