Fusion v1.1a

CDaeda

Re: Fusion v1.1a

Thanks Birt, still issuses with the fusion DLL.

2010.02.17 18:52:47 Fusion EURUSD,M1: cannot load library 'Fusion.dll' (error 126)

That might be an issue with your antivirus. I didn't even touch the DLLs - if they don't work, write to FRWC and complain that their DLL packer/cryptor doesn't work on your machine :p

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer some of the questions:

- The FRWC server is not contacted. For the EAs that are not completely unplugged, the authentication process is bypassed completely.

- I did it by staring hard enough at the asm code, I won't bore you with the details.

- If you see no files, you probably have a packer problem. Use WinRAR, it will ask you for the password. It won't work if you use Total Commander.

- You don't need any webserver or anything of the sort.

- I agree with what some people posted, the EAs are not particularly good.

Will you be ripping them apart on your review website

http://eareview.net

?

Great effort btw. I kuodoed ;)

Well, the only one that I was personally interested in after hearing about the issues with HiRider was LMD Multi-currency, because I liked the idea and the equity curves shown in the Pdf at least seemed reasonable, so I ran backtests on it.

The results do not look good. Now this may have something to do with Forex.com having a GMT offset of 0 instead of 1 as they want but... I doubt it.

Of the 3 backtests I've run (GBPUSD, USDJPY, AUDUSD), it seems like the EA stops working around November 2009. So running for the whole year, it still ends the year in profit but if you'd run it in the past several months it wouldn't have been making you much money. This is similar to what I thought when I looked at the results at forexpeacearmy. Although the test is in profit overall, the LMD Multi-currency trades, taken alone, seem to be in the negative. This coupled with HiRider being likely to explode at some point (maybe built-in news filtering would've helped)... means that these EAs don't seem to be worth our time.

Still, as far as backtesting before 2008 goes. I've been writing an EA myself. I've been programming in setups that I've seen to work in 2009 and early this year, only those setups really don't seem to work in 2008 very well. Some do for part of 2008, and some don't. Some really work well in the later part of 2009 and less so before. I think this is an issue like the point about double tops and double bottoms not reaching their targets as often as they once did. There are more traders in the market and they are doing things differently from the past, so things that worked too far in the past, really can't be expected to work all that well today. Some trading strategies may still be profitable from the distant past unchanged, but I expect they are very few. For us - we have some trades that work today and will probably work tomorrow and for a while afterward, and we may need to adapt a little bit, since the exact same set of rules may not always keep working. That's true for traders as much as EAs.

That's because the ex4 have practically none of the actual code of the EAs. Even the OrderSend functions that are in the ex4 aren't actually used by anything :P

I'm not sure why they have unused code in there. Probably just part of their standard library that they decide to put in.

All the problems with heuristic trojan detection does seem curious.

It suggests extreme sloppiness in coding on the part of the suppliers.

Did anyone who has a legitimate copy of the exe files have a problem during installation? E.g., with being automatically quarantined in bit defender, for example?

If so, the children of the Megadroids must be exhausted manning their help desks trying to explain how to circumvent the problem.

When mind lingers in one place efficiency is lost