my own breakout technique ea---need help

attas_al

Re: my own breakout technique ea---need help

hello.. can someone help me code this EA? its very simple

Mate,

In Harvardboys material it was suggested to use a MACD signal line coming out of the cloud for SHORT, and returning back to the gray cloud for closing SHORT. For LONG the strategy is mirrorlike.

Doing so your entries would be few bars earlier. But that's can be just an option in your EA which you could test on a history, so you'll see if there is a real difference on how to make an entry on MACD or it's not worth bothering :)

Mate,

In Harvardboys material it was suggested to use a MACD signal line coming out of the cloud for SHORT, and returning back to the gray cloud for closing SHORT. For LONG the strategy is mirrorlike.

Doing so your entries would be few bars earlier. But that's can be just an option in your EA which you could test on a history, so you'll see if there is a real difference on how to make an entry on MACD or it's not worth bothering :)

can you give your system in more detail. i mean which currency , time frame?

and what is the exit (only when overall profit) and also what is the roll of macd just to know when to execute the ea?

its in very early stage, thats why need the ea and test it on multiple pairs.. the macd entry value when zero is just one of the way.. the timeframe most likely 15min chart or below, this is not intended for longer timeframe trading, everyone keen to make money as soon as they can, isnt it?

can someone help me write this simple ea, and if you dont mind, find any 'edge' (when you think market is gonna breakout) in the market and hit the entry with that EA, we can share how to develop this 'edge'

There're few breakout EAs which are [supposedly] profitable.

However I personally don't trade breakouts and feel the R/R ration of trading breakouts is not too lucrative and is too risky for my style of trading.

In essense it's not safe to trade breakouts and it's not the safest way of making money in FX.

Anyways, it is just my observation, as for a ready to go solution I know Qucksilver has posted here few of his advanced breakout EAs [FREE], so you might want to check his EAs first prior to doing your own.

I wish you luck in your own EA development and hopefully somebody can help you with code, but be prepared to advocate the trading strategy idea as always only viable ideas capture coders' attention, that's plain truth. ;)