What do you think about EA KAIN?

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [REQ] What do you think about EA KAIN?

I tested successfully EA KAIN 1.03 on FXDD. Also, running it on live account without a problem. EUR/USD and USD/CAD are the only worth trying. Other pairs seem to erratic on FXDD at least.

Regarding Spreads, yes, it can be a problem during rollover hours that spreads are wider. But FXDD is fixed and I have no issues.

I used to use Interbank FX, and the spreads were widened in a rather crazy fashion.

If you stop and think for a moment, what are we looking for in an EA? Profitability, reliability, and consistency. I thin EA Kain does that. Or can someone point me to another EA that can backtest from 1999 or 2003 or pick any year for that matter and show consistency as this EA does. I sound like I am selling this EA, but for the first time I feel an EA actually is producing results and not falling of the cliff.

Just my opinion. Other can continue to look for even more profitable EA's ;)

can you please tell me the link to where you downloaded your EA 1.03? Thanks

it will be available in this thread. you should go through it. you cannot expect to have things placed for you on a platter, searching the thread for the downloads rather then just asking for the 'meat' of it at the end is good forum manners.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

I am not getting good results with this at all. I am using it on gotrader demo which is exactly like its live account. Any one using this live? Let me know your broker please?

i run it on gomarkets live. it is proving to be ok so far. do you have the offset correctly set at 2?

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

I am not getting good results with this at all. I am using it on gotrader demo which is exactly like its live account. Any one using this live? Let me know your broker please?

I am using it on liteforex with a 1:200 leverage and am getting a remarkable result on a +2 GMT :)>-

i run it on gomarkets live. it is proving to be ok so far. do you have the offset correctly set at 2?

yes. I got the GMT offset right. You did not get the large losses on eurgbp and gbpchf on march 9??? Now I am sort of a break even after two weeks.

Re: What do you think about EA KAIN?

I'm running it on Alpari UK..

I have no problem running it with GMT offset 1.

But when i compared my account with other who also used Alpari ..seem that my account open trade very less. @-)

Others open ave 5 trades per day but mine only 1 or 2 trades someday no trade open at all..

Do anyone know how to solve this issue? :-S

~Money often costs too much~

I have backtest EAKAIN EURUSD pair..

Seem that this pair producing great profit starting Jan 2010...

But when i backtest for last yr seem that result is not so promising...

My thought, will this EA sustain current good run until end of the year???

~Money often costs too much~

Hi Elma,

Make sure you input GMT_offset parameter correctly (according to your broker time)

Since this EA is sensitive on this parameter, if you put wrongly will give different result.

What EAKAIN version you are use? Is it Aggressive parameter set True or False?

I notice that if aggressive parameter set true on version 1.02 will trade twice compare than aggressive set to false.

Regards,

Benz

I had try back test EAKain V1.02 & V1.03 on EURUSD the result is similar

(I run backtest with auto GMT set to false)

If I see the code, it is look like on V1.03 have additional auto GMT offset and control how much margin that allow for trade, and I also notice on pair EURCHF spread is tighted limit to 4 on V1.03 while on V1.02 spread limit is 5

In my opinion the updated is minor that make it new version is saver.

BTW I still happy to use version 1.02 :)

Cheers,

Benz

I had try back test EAKain V1.02 & V1.03 on EURUSD the result is similar

(I run backtest with auto GMT set to false)

If I see the code, it is look like on V1.03 have additional auto GMT offset and control how much margin that allow for trade, and I also notice on pair EURCHF spread is tighted limit to 4 on V1.03 while on V1.02 spread limit is 5

In my opinion the updated is minor that make it new version is saver.

BTW I still happy to use version 1.02 :)

Cheers,

Benz

Interesting info. Small changes but definite improvements.

Hopefully someone will post 1.04 and we will see more refinements and fixes.

Below is excerpt from the pdf manual. Here it says Alpari UK=1. Test results are very good with Alpari UK=1 from 1999 to 2009. So do I change the Alpari UK=2 because of Fall time change today? Does anyone have a confirmed answer and explanation?

______

GMT_OFFSET – is the difference between the GMT and Broker Time, without considering

daylight saving time (DST).

For example,

If on FXOPEN time is 10:00 and GMT is 8:00, GMT_OFFSET = 2.

Here it is some Broker time:

FXOPEN = 2

ACTIVETRADES = 1

FXDD = 2

ALPARI = 1

Current Alpari GMT offset is +1.

By 28 March - 31 Oct it should be +2.

my broker's time doesnt change. neither does GMT. the time london uses might change, but the other two dont.