What do you think about EA KAIN?

Re: [REQ] What do you think about EA KAIN?

rstr wrote:

Hi fxman2000,

thanks for the new version...but lokks like its not educated.

i get licence error during BT.

do you also have educated version?

thanks

unfortunately I don't have the educated version, I just found it somewhere and tried to share it here as soon as possible, and I was lucky because the place which I found, the author deleted that may be in 10 minutes , hope somebody can educate this one

On Back testing In the Journal I get message

2010.03.02 23:02:55 2009.01.06 00:00 EAKAIN SCALPER PRO 2010 v1.03 EURUSD,M15: OrderSend error 4111

2010.03.02 23:02:55 2009.01.06 00:00 EAKAIN SCALPER PRO 2010 v1.03 EURUSD,M15: License Ok!...

2010.03.02 23:02:55 2009.01.06 00:00 EAKAIN SCALPER PRO 2010 v1.03 EURUSD,M15: Checking License...

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put last night on my live account,

I think the author change spread limit on all pairs because I had no trades and on the expert tab I got many "spread over limit error" while with older version of eakain I've no problem, maybe the new version trades safer but you need a good broker.

I'm now with alpari uk.

backtested eurusd with ea kain... the results are so amazing.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/a831968cda.gif

Hey Gurlie

Could yo please upload the EA. It seems yours is working on the backtests!

Harsh124

Please Dont Forget the Kudos Coming! :-bd

did you have any error when you backtested ?

backtest uses current spread if spread is high than you could have spread limit error and no trades.

I tried backtest on 20:00 GMT and spread was down the limit, no problem with that nice backtest,

but then on real account live on 23:00 GMT no trades due to spread over limit error :(

Hi,

if you start the EAKAIN you see the max allowed spread per pair on the screen.

if your broker has more spread than this ... no chance for a trade. its a typical scalper.

i use several brokers and normally none of them is over the spread for the different pairs.

the spreads they selected are market conform with a lot of brokers.

so if you dont get it work on BT please look inside the Journal for any Error messages.

i made BT and forward tests with several Brokers...and Version 1.02 and 1.03EDU work fine for 6 of the 7 pairs.

and as i can see the results for those who like scalpers is not bad...

I must say this is the first EA that I can honestly say is for real.

I had it run on my live account and then later compared it to the backtested results. The same.

What you see is what you get. Backtest on EUR/USD is without a doubt the cornerstone. The results are astonishing.

If you run this EA, you just have to be patient and understand what it will do to your account if you give it time.

Any losses are recouped and covered eventually. I backtested various scenarios. Last night I tried $500 at 40% risk. It yielded $8600 for 2009. Or same setting for 2008 it was $1900. I know 40% is high, but do you really care on a $500 account that has this potential? Anyways, this EA is for real. I know it was based upon MD Pro, but whatever they did to it, it is trading differently. It has the smarts of MD Pro, but temperament of another EA.

Very Impressed. I have not tested any robot that can do what this one is doing. As for the author, he was right, it is different.

Kris

rstr which brokers do you use ? do you use ecn accounts ?

on alpari real micro account I've got several spread limit error,' though last night my eakain was able to put 3 orders.

I wish to test this ea on an ecn account with microlots and low minimum deposit 'case already I got an other account with alpari .... :-?

The problem with this ea is that it trades right during rollover period and thats when spreads get widened and it becomes impossible for this ea to perform, so all this ea is, is a great back and forward test tool which will fails on a real broker with real money, or at least won't perform as well...

[spoiler:26ukmy10]Never trust, never fear, never beg[/spoiler:26ukmy10]

I read on another forum version 1.04 just released.

Being released so soon after 1.03 makes you wonder if there was a problem with 1.03.

I have analyzed the code, indeed there is a bug. It won't trade the s2 strategy at all even you turn on the aggressive. The bug is in the S2 function.

if (SetParamS2() != 0)

{

blah blah (S2 strategy....)

}

However, the SetParamS2() function never return anything but 0. So it won't execute anything below.

On another note, there is only Sell signals for S1 strategy. So, with v1.03, you can only trade with S0 buy/Sell (default) and S1(Sell) if Aggressive is on. S2 will never get run.

The problem with this ea is that it trades right during rollover period and thats when spreads get widened and it becomes impossible for this ea to perform, so all this ea is, is a great back and forward test tool which will fails on a real broker with real money, or at least won't perform as well...

I agree with you. In fact too many scalping EAs are trading under this 1 hour rollover period, (MDPro,EuropeWave,Forex Shocker, just name a few). So it is rather crowded and spread are generally much higher than normal.

Hi acosma,

yes i trade this with ECN Account or lets better say with Interbank account.

i have brokers Activtrades, Alpari UK and Gomarkets

cause the major problem with full ECN account is that you normally have to pay commission.

and with this robot paying commission...its not interesting, cause you dont make money.

it only takes out 3 or 4 pips.

the next thing is...what is microlot size you want to trade? the smallest lot size for ECN Account is 0.1 lots and so you should have a minimum of 1500 USD inside the account.

Hi copycat and Cyrillic,

its correct that it only trades during rollover period. and it makes really less pips, but has several pairs that work.

but not all brokers widen their spreads during this time.

so its only a robot that can be used as addition for the time you sleep and make some bucks...nothing else.

hi rstr, commission are really so high on your ecn broker?

the profit of EAKAIN NORMAL ACTIVTRADES INTERBANK myfxbook account of the author of the ea is already with commissions substracted ?

because anyway it's a very nice profit...

hxxp://www.myfxbook.com/members/besteaforex/eakain-normal-activtrades-interbank/18489

according to the Kain website they proposed the following min. spreads for scalping:

EURCHF - 3 pips

EURGBP - 3 pips

EURUSD - 2 pips

GBPCHF - 7 pips

USDCAD - 4 pips

USDCHF - 3 pips

USDJPY - 2 pips

I did not check whether these spread limits are really working.

Considering broker e.g. Alpari is not fitting in these spread limits all the time (Alpari live spreads are anyway about 50-100% higher than the demo spreads !) , but e.g. TadawulFX provides fixed spreads fitting to the spread proposal and has acceptable reviews in Forexpeacearmy.