[REQ] 4XCB autotrader

Re: [REQ] 4XCB autotrader

Quote from developer:

it is a modified martingale..... Originally, martingale referred to a class of betting strategies popular in 18th-century France. The name is not eponymous; and there is no Monsieur Martingale. The simplest of these strategies was designed for a game in which the gambler wins his stake if a coin comes up heads and loses it if the coin comes up tails. The strategy had the gambler double his bet after every loss, so that the first win would recover all previous losses plus win a profit equal to the original stake. 
As an example, suppose you have 6,300 available to bet. You bet 100 on the first spin. If you lose, you bet 200 on the second spin, then 400 on the third, 800 on the fourth, 1,600 on the fifth, and 3,200 on the sixth.

If you win 100 on the first spin, you make 100, and the martingale starts over.

If you lose 100 on the first spin and win 200 on the second spin, you make a net profit of 100 at which point the martingale would start over.

If you lose on the first five spins, you lose a total of 3,100 (3,100 = 100 + 200 + 400 + 800 + 1,600). On the sixth spin you bet 3,200. If you win, you again make a profit of 100.

In this example the probability of losing 6,300 and being unable to continue the martingale is equal to the probability of losing 6 times or (20/38)^6 = 2.1256%. The probability of winning 100 is equal to 1 minus the probability of losing 6 times or 1 - (20/38)^6 = 97.8744%.

oh...so it is a martingale after all:(:(

it wins a lot but one time it blows the account.devil's work...as somebody here put it:)

but i was thinking about this strategy,

would it be possible to place opposite orders at the same time and in this was somehow hedging the positions?

like the first round you open 1 lot buy,then 2 buy and 1 sell....and so forth.in this way we could decrease the risk by 50% and with using micro lots or something...

anybody have a thought on this?

oh...so it is a martingale after all:(:(

it wins a lot but one time it blows the account.devil's work...as somebody here put it:)

but i was thinking about this strategy,

would it be possible to place opposite orders at the same time and in this was somehow hedging the positions?

like the first round you open 1 lot buy,then 2 buy and 1 sell....and so forth.in this way we could decrease the risk by 50% and with using micro lots or something...

anybody have a thought on this?

It is very hard to make that work. The biggest problem is in when the trades in the positive martingale should be closed. It can get very fast into negative territory when the trend turns. Made some tests with that strategy but couldn't make it to work.

It is better to reverse the martingale based on indicators. For instance, sell 0.1, sell 0.2 and if the trend continues you make a buy 0.4. You need to have a very good indi in order for that to work.

It is very hard to make that work. The biggest problem is in when the trades in the positive martingale should be closed. It can get very fast into negative territory when the trend turns. Made some tests with that strategy but couldn't make it to work.

It is better to reverse the martingale based on indicators. For instance, sell 0.1, sell 0.2 and if the trend continues you make a buy 0.4. You need to have a very good indi in order for that to work.

hmm...very interesting thinking,I'll give it a try:)

here is the EA uploaded on 4shared

http://www.4shared.com/file/142942856/32ca94cb/Forex_Auto_Trader__140.html

forexsharing appears to be down for some reason

• 2 weeks later...

Before you decide you really want to spend energy

on a "modified Martingale",

check his fxbook account...this is typical

for these types of EAs...sooner or later...

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Tazca/4xcb15xdown/497

If that did not convince you...look at the DD...at a mere 88%.

Have fun folks! ;)

Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!

• 4 months later...

I downloaded the EA file posted here and placed it on several of my demo accounts and on one live account. It's trading on all the demos but won't trade on live. I get an alert message saying something like " wrong account number, contact vendor."

Is there any way I can get it to trade on my live account without buying it? I really can't afford to buy it right now. Why would it trade on demo but not on live?

I downloaded the EA file posted here and placed it on several of my demo accounts and on one live account. It's trading on all the demos but won't trade on live. I get an alert message saying something like " wrong account number, contact vendor."

Is there any way I can get it to trade on my live account without buying it? I really can't afford to buy it right now. Why would it trade on demo but not on live?

See the code. Open the mq4 file in MetaEditor and find the "Check()" function.

Now the next line reads:

int li_0 = 1111111;

Change this line as follows:

int li_0 = AccountNumber();

Save and press "Compile" in your MetaEditor.

Copy the new file to the Metatrader experts folder and start Metatrader.

Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!