Phil Newton's Trading Strategies

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/public/review/www.trading-strategies.info
[url]http://www.trading-strategies.info/[/url]
[url]http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=187841[/url]
[url]http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=99395&page=1[/url]

Anyone have seen this before? How is it?

Thanks.

Re: Phil Newton's Trading Strategies

1444887 2009.10.21 13:00 buy 0.20 eurusdjfx 1.49221 1.49120 0.00000 2009.10.21 13:01 1.49294 -1.00 0.00 0.00 14.60

1444953 2009.10.21 13:00 buy 0.10 eurusdjfx 1.49221 1.49233 0.00000 2009.10.21 13:10 1.49231 -0.50 0.00 0.00 1.00

1448089 2009.10.21 16:37 buy 0.20 eurusdjfx 1.50081 1.50003 0.00000 2009.10.21 16:38 1.50100 -1.00 0.00 0.00 3.80

1448138 2009.10.21 16:37 buy 0.10 eurusdjfx 1.50081 1.50097 0.00000 2009.10.21 16:41 1.50096 -0.50 0.00 0.00 1.50

Hee hee.. using jade fx doing a manual trading with this system..

Difficult to understand thru using only youtube videos of his.

Was a student of phils for around a year. Know his setups well. They are profitable but like anything you have to stick with it to make it work. Like any good system you will have losing periods... it's over the long term that counts.

Phil trades asian range breakouts, fib retracements after a days move has been done, and more recently counter trend based on the 4 hr reversal setup. Personally I found to make it work I had to tweak it to fit my style. Phil has a lot more patience than I do.

His edge is simply he's looking for the main move of the day. If an ADR of more than 60% has been done then he passes on it and waits for a fib setup. Some days there may not be a trade. He has a few other strategies which work nice. RnB being one.

I don't trade with him now as got to the stage when I could go it alone. I have since added pivots and some new setups to my trades. Phil doesn't use trend lines, pivots or and indicators... just support and resistance and price action. There are more advanced trading methods out there... but there's a lot to be said for keeping things simple.

Best thing to do is to take a 1 month trial of his live trading room (UK hours).

I'm still learning it but I think it's a very smart strategy, very well thought out! And he's just come out with a new one FarQuard(?) which I'd love to learn!! hint hint! [-O<

Check out the archive webinars on fxstreet as well - he's done alot of presentations explaining it in depth.

I love his style, pure price action at it's best!

yah I am interesting to find out what this Furquad is:

http://www.trading-strategies.info/node/1600

FurQuad

The Idea behind the FurQuad strategy was to address some inefficiencies the price action sequence (used for direction) and also to take advantage of some of the smaller but explosive movements that often develop prior to break outs (creating the break out move itself) thus “beating the break out”

does anyone has the password to the site?

can you download all the pages and post it here.

What I took out from the google cache, that some of his users on mt4 use this period converter to get 8 hourly charts, and they set the GMT that each tick start with EST 0, 8, 16 hours. This was about "furquad" strategy, probably they use this for support and resistance.

http://[email protected]/showthread.php?t=22114&highlight=period+converter

Link to his youtube page with lots of example:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=pnewton69#g/u

the text:

Thought I would post this link from forexfactory where you can download an MT4 indicator which will create an 8 hour chart to match the time frame Phil uses in his video series "Don't Give Up Your Day Job"

Post #5 in this thread has the indicator called "periodcon.MQ4" and post #7 has a word document describing how to set it up.

My broker is InterbankFX which uses GMT on its MT4 platform. I attached the indicator to a 1 hour chart and set the "Period Multiplier" to 8 and also set the "Time Shift" input to 5 (could use -5 as well). With these settings, you will get bars with OHLC that match those on Phils Tradestation platform.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Hi kissaki,

He's taking the first (or best with smallest SL?) entry on a 15min chart or 89 tick chart (= 2/3 minute chart).

Is that what you meant?

No Mlee, I was asking the Time Range, He said we have to look the H/L at previous Asian Session. What time is exactly his Asian Start and End Session ? That is where we should analyse the High and Low Line for the breakout, right ?

Phil uses 10 pm to 6 am GMT for the asian range.

Note for the setup to be valid the overnight range has to be within the bottow 1/3 of the previous days range, or the top 1/3 of the previous days range. It's basically a trend continuation setup. I've personally found it's not worth getting up before 7am. You may miss some moves... so be it. Starting later will also filter out some false breakouts. Depending on the market cycle... if it's in a big range as GU is right now... I prefer to wait until 9am to look for a breakout.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I joined his live room for a couple of months and to be honest I wish I never had. The strategy he teaches seems reasonable but it never worked for me. It is basically a break out strategy using 4/8 hour candles.

In the live room he has a habit of not saying when he has moved his stop loss and and is also fairly vague about set ups. When things go well claims to be always in the trade but when they go badly he claims to have already moved his stop loss. In the end I stopped subscribing as I lost hundreds of pips. I was trying to follow his signals word for word but due to the vagueness of the signals I ended up losing hundreds of pips while he claimed to be doing ok. I would save yourself the money and look for another signal provider.