Advantages of TradeStation and NinjaTrader over Metatrader4

kittisakh

Hi guys, I have been trading forex for about 6 months. I am using only metatrader4 platform. There are so many indicators and automated systems on MT4. I believe MT4 is the most popular platform around. However, I am seeing that there are other trading platforms like TradeStation and NinjaTrader. Do they have any advantages over MT4? Are the systems on TradeStation and NinjaTrader more superior? Can someone with experience on these platforms please enlighten me? Thx ^:)^

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Advantages of TradeStation and NinjaTrader over Metatrader4

MT4 is not a trading platform, but rather a toy. The chart types are limited to a few time based. Most traders prefer tick volume or range bars. You can not trade from the chart and in my opinion can not trade, period:to many clicks to place a trade for a scalper, order types are limited.

The "toy" is lacking the very basic features, e.g. try to figure out what time it is on your charts!

But the most disturbing is existence of "plugins" by Boston Technologies etc. They are not expensive but allow your broker to manipulate data, delay or reject orders if they are risky for them and much more. It is hard enough to win this trading game without the plugins, withg them it is impossible.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...