Cloverix

robinkm

Re: Cloverix EA

I have 3 people including myself willing to contribute toward a copy of this EA which will be provided to Birt for education. Is anyone else willing to help? If we could get 6 people all together it is less than US$25 ea. Please advise.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with sharing this robot is that it has an advanced commercial protection which Birt thinks he may be able to bypass but is not certain (read the first page of the thread). It is possible that the robot may be able to be rendered useless to the original owner by the developers plus there is a risk of being identified thus exposure to legal prosecution. This is not just an EX4 file, there is an EXE file that runs continuously as well. If I were to pay full price for Cloverix why would I risk sharing it? If you read page 3 of this thread you will see we are endeavoring to acquire a copy of Cloverix 'for sacrifice' to Birt so that he may attempt education, but the risk will be shared in case it goes pear shaped. We have 4 volunteers. When there are 6 the purchase will be made.

Just a heads-up, don't rely on me to educate it. I already have a copy for a few days but the protection is not easy at all. Since the copy was given to me in confidence and since the buyer can easily be identified by his copy, I cannot post it here or pass it to anyone.

As I mentioned, it's a commercial protection - educating it and ensuring that there are no traces of the serial is a task that I'm afraid I don't have the time for, sorry.

Bottom line is, before you buy it, find someone who's willing to spend the days needed to educate it.

Just a heads-up, don't rely on me to educate it. I already have a copy for a few days but the protection is not easy at all. Since the copy was given to me in confidence and since the buyer can easily be identified by his copy, I cannot post it here or pass it to anyone.

As I mentioned, it's a commercial protection - educating it and ensuring that there are no traces of the serial is a task that I'm afraid I don't have the time for, sorry.

Bottom line is, before you buy it, find someone who's willing to spend the days needed to educate it.

Sorry Birt, I didn't mean to be presumptuous. Earlier in the thread you did invite anyone brave enough to supply you a copy for education - was just trying to make that happen.

Are you advising us that absolutely no way will/can you do it, or rather that you are really busy and for us not to hold our breaths waiting for you to do it? Without a 'teacher' we are pretty much screwed.

Could you recommend any other teachers with the necessary skills with whom we may inquire about getting the education we need? :D

You mentioned someone already supplied you a copy in confidence. Could you advise whether they are happy with the performance of it? Do you feel this mission worth pursuing?

Cheers, Pye

It was just a fair warning, no offense taken or intended in any way :) I know what I said earlier in the thread, that's why I thought I should warn you before you actually spent the money on it. Someone did slip a copy to me and after I played with it for some hours, I decided I don't have the time to analyze all the possible places where they could've stored user-related info. It might take days or even weeks and I really don't have that kind of time available.

As for the EA performance, it's way too early to tell, but the statement on the FPA is not matching the forward test. The EA had some losses during the past few days, losses that are not on FPA. Then again, it could be the broker price feed or the spread or the EA settings, it's very sensitive to that stuff since it aims to take ~3 pips profit per trade.

If you could get another copy from someone else, seeing the differences between the two copies could quickly reveal where the traces of the serial are.

1. The EXE is packed with ASProtect, which makes two copies almost 100% different.

2. After dumping them and removing ASProtect, they even have different sizes. A diff file is >1 MB.

3. They're switching to a DLL (or perhaps already switched), making a comparison pointless.

Edit: I'm not saying it's uncrackable. I'm just saying that it's not a 5 minute job and I'm simply not willing to put any more time into it.

• 2 weeks later...

Birt, could you give us an update on the live performance to date? I see on the product website that the EURGBP has been giving them some grief, but overall still profitable.

Many Thanks In Advance,

Pye.