Before buying an Expert Advisor

MtCoderz

Re: Before buying an Expert Advisor

Here are some clues to what the Gepard Variables are.

Thanks for that. It's interesting that Gepard and Greezly have so many features in common, either one inspired the other or there was another that inspire both. It would be nice to get the real mq4 (not educated) file for Gepard, I know it's out there! :)

With Greezly it has a bias towards either long or short which I don't have a problem with. Obviously you have to watch your major trend and proportion the TP and SL accordingly. However it does mean you have to watch the backtests and optimisation. You don't want to go back to far in case you cover 2 different trends.

Thanks for that. It's interesting that Gepard and Greezly have so many features in common, either one inspired the other or there was another that inspire both. It would be nice to get the real mq4 (not educated) file for Gepard, I know it's out there! :)

I never had the original source from Gepard or I would post it for you all. All I had to go on was the list of variables that I just posted.

I believe Gepard is someones variation of greezly. Code is so close.

Hell it's interesting, start a new thread... \m/

Incidently, this apparently is live account stats from Gepard:

h**p://www.onix-trade.net/?act=monitoring_stat&xid=6259

How did you find out these are Gepard?

Looks about right though from my own backtesting.

Big drawdown, no stoploss.. not that that worries my particularly, so long as it survives....nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I am working on MasterMind3 now, if anyone wants to work with me on this, I think it will be really profitable.

It is always better to hedge your bets with more than one good EA.

I am not much of a coder but I am good for the simple stuff.

Maybe we could all do it and share some ideas.

Here is a tip for anyone who is doing greezly/gepard right now.. go with a 5 digit broker to start or else you will drive yourself nuts.

What is it about MM3 that you like? The results I've seen so far haven't bowled me over but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. What pairs/timeframes are you using it on?

Personally I don't think the extra WPRs add anything to the signal. I think it needs something else totally different to confirm it. I'm not sure if something like the crossover on the RVI (the Ehlers Vigor one) is that. Maybe also a filter like ATR to make sure there's enough room for price movement.

I must admit having a second look at the Greezly I'm finding it more interesting. Mostly curiosity to see what makes it tick. Gepard is a bit more of a struggle as there are only "educated" variable names to go by.

If you want someone to bounce ideas off and to help coding though I'm happy to chip in. I develop for a living and MQL is second nature for me. Start another thread on it... :)

How did you find out these are Gepard?

Looks about right though from my own backtesting.

Big drawdown, no stoploss.. not that that worries my particularly, so long as it survives....nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Well there are a few forums which have it up for sale. Strangely when I went back to the one which had the link they had deleted the post. Don't know what you can infer from that? However google still has it in it's cache:

h**p://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:tdV4X2QMS4cJ:[url]www.forexforum.net/software/19051-trade-robot-gepard-3-0-russian-developers-3.html+www.onix-trade.net/%3Fact%3Dmonitoring_stat%26xid%3D6259&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk[/url]

I did see some other statement somewhere else which also showed a large drawdown in hanging open trades. I take it that's what you're seeing.

What is it about MM3 that you like? The results I've seen so far haven't bowled me over but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. What pairs/timeframes are you using it on?

Personally I don't think the extra WPRs add anything to the signal. I think it needs something else totally different to confirm it. I'm not sure if something like the crossover on the RVI (the Ehlers Vigor one) is that. Maybe also a filter like ATR to make sure there's enough room for price movement.

I must admit having a second look at the Greezly I'm finding it more interesting. Mostly curiosity to see what makes it tick. Gepard is a bit more of a struggle as there are only "educated" variable names to go by.

If you want someone to bounce ideas off and to help coding though I'm happy to chip in. I develop for a living and MQL is second nature for me. Start another thread on it... :)

What I like about mm3 is that I see a bunch of potential in the way it trades. For example, the way it is, it opens 3 orders at once.. if the market goes south on a buy, then the mistake is three times worse.

That is the first thing to fix. He has some good ideas and with the right settings I find the logic good. It trades a lot, leaving potential for a lot of "don't trade when this happens" rules. You will still have plenty of trades left that will make a profit.

that is what i think so far.. of course, I haven't started on it yet so I may change my mind.

This robot is coming from the kitchen of Steven Lee Jones. So far no product from him are good and from low quality. So don't expect too much from this robot. Only this time another moderator have presented this product and not him like Forex Espionage or Forex Supernatural. Always no really proof and always he shows only a few good trades. But the video shows also strange proof.....

Forex Supernatural was a copy of a famous free Robot...

Thanks,

megainvest

This robot is coming from the kitchen of Steven Lee Jones. So far no product from him are good and from low quality. So don't expect too much from this robot. Only this time another moderator have presented this product and not him like Forex Espionage or Forex Supernatural. Always no really proof and always he shows only a few good trades. But the video shows also strange proof.....

Forex Supernatural was a copy of a famous free Robot...

Thanks,

megainvest

What robot are you talking about mate?

The video is a modified version of Greezly that I made myself.

OTOH, the one we are talking about at the end is one from the metaquotes site. Different Ea's.. not sure what kitchens have to do with it :-?