Pip Master V2

Re: Pip Master V2

Here is the website link to it h**p://pipmaster.thetraderslab.com/

It shows very good results. Can someone educate the ea and the dll from the link in the first post?

I did, but it receives 4 trade flags from the server that dictate whether it trades or not. I'm guessing they are simple flags that are turned on based on time, but without them, it's pretty useless, it's constantly losing.

If you wanna play with it, you can get it at:

http://www.4shared.com/file/130214419/d5158d65/

Basically, I disabled the server check, enabled all the trade flags and enabled the authentication flag.

Edit: the password is indo-investasi

Oh, forgot, the password is indo-investasi, I will also update the earlier post.

By the way, I'm at least partially right: it only trades in a specific hourly interval, you can check out the live statements on their site and perhaps figure it out from there.

Just as random info, it's possible to find out the timing of the flags from the server if anyone has bought it, all you have to do is run some ngrep-like software to "catch" the traffic between the EA and http://www.fx-shield.com.

The statements aren't truly live. They are static HTML pages:

http://pipmaster.thetraderslab.com/smallstatement.htm
[url]http://pipmaster.thetraderslab.com/bigstatement.htm[/url]

Using static pages would allow the vendor to check the real latest live statement on mt4stats before deciding to show it on his own web site, in case there are large ugly drawdowns. If the statements were truly live, visitors of the web site would be able to see the ugly drawdowns before the vendor has the chance to take the mt4stats link off his page. I've seen it happen with the FAP Turbo page - I could see a massive drawdown on one of their accounts on their web page, and it was only later taken off. Also, Using static pages means he can edit it before uploading it to his web site.

There's no doubt the developer is trying to be smart with the protection. I find it funny that he named the functions in a way that makes it a bit annoying for the reverse engineer, e.g. I1OI0I101().

I wonder if the guy is a member on this board, since he's Indonesian. Maybe he's even taken code from other EAs found here and put it into his own (hidden into the DLL file?).

it receives 4 trade flags from the server that dictate whether it trades or not. I'm guessing they are simple flags that are turned on based on time

I1OI01I01(int l_pos_0) (4th DLL function): main condition that determines whether to trade or not. Could this be the time of day check?

I1OI01IOI() (5th DLL function): returns whether to open or close a trade.

I1OI01IO1() (6th DLL function): returns whether to go long or short.

I1OI0I101() (7th DLL function): returns the trade size in lots for the trade about to be opened

but without them, it's pretty useless, it's constantly losing.
Preventing proper backtests can turn out to be bad marketing for the vendor. If we show our poor backtests results (without having known that there is actually a time filter) on this and other forums then people who are looking to buy a good EA (with the condition that it performs well in backtests) will not bother looking any further once they see a poor backtest equity curve.

Backtest results can be a viral marketing tactic, and I think it's one reason why FAP Turbo and MegaDroid were so successful - backtests that users themselves could run (albeit almost always over MetaQuotes data) looked amazing. It may have been a different story if people could not get good backtest results with those EAs - they may not be have been as successful as they have actually been (but still successful due to other factors (e.g. good live forward tests at the time and aggressive affiliate marketers)).

it only trades in a specific hourly interval
It trades 20:00 to 05:00 broker time Monday night to Thursday night, and 23:00 to 05:00 on Sunday night.

Can anyone work out the UTC offset of this time? I don't know what the broker is.

This particular EA doesn't really "convince" me, otherwise I'd have probably given it a bit more time, such as implementing my own time restrictions in MQL and tracing each of the 4 flags.

Anyway, the pipmaster programmer is not stupid. If I ever published an EA, I would go even further: I would implement some kind of required calculation that has to be done every 5-15 minutes (perhaps at the start of each bar) and I would http POST the bars and maybe even indicator values along with the acc number/license key to the server and let the server do the calculations and return the result. For backtesting, I would just embed static result data into the DLL and I would restrict it to certain pairs/timeframes. Sure, it'd be a rather large DLL, but it would accomplish two things: it'd be an EA that can't be "educated" due to the calculations made on the server yet the end user would still be able backtest and be happy about it.

But you're right: having no ability to backtest is probably not helping his sales much. It's probably safe to remove backtesting from an EA after you have like over 1 year of forward testing on multiple brokers...

It trades 20:00 to 05:00 broker time Monday night to Thursday night, and 23:00 to 05:00 on Sunday night.

Can anyone work out the UTC offset of this time? I don't know what the broker is.

One of their demo account shown on their website is from ATC Broker (ATC FX Pro).