Thunderbolt EA

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [REQ] Thunderbolt EA

Just double checked from that link and it works ok here. Perhaps you had an uneducated copy before installing that one? Try deleting your Thunderbolt-909.ex4 file.

Better yet, get thunderbolt-909b, they fixed the trade hour bug in that one.

can't get it work. I already used the 909b, but I tried to delete all thunderbolt-files (ex4 and dll's) on my PC, downloaded again and tried to backtest. I still got the message, even with the 909b.

Hi, it trades all day long in backtest (v. 909b), is this the same in live trading?

I would like to see how it works in backtest.

You probably downloaded the version with timesettings that I specifically mentioned is not a good idea. Take a look at the EA vars and if it has a StartTradeHour and StopTradeHour, that's the problem. You can either get the right EA or set StartTradeHour to 20 and StopTradeHour to 2.

same here.. poor result as it is work 24x5 and not limit to the best period for scalping..

It would be nice if any coder can help to add in custom time period. I really want to test performance for thunderbolt..

Thank you birt :-bd as it is risky for us autotrader to go for live or get the original if we cant test the performance in our own broker data. Thank you birt and other coders who take their time for doing this for us ^:)^

Actually, the default StartHour (for now) is 20 GMT and the Duration (not EndHour) is 2, so effectively the EA trades from 20-22 GMT. This is my modified version that allows you to set the StartHour and Duration, if you do not like the default values. It also addresses the issue of using wrong lots in non-MM mode. It works ok on my PC, both in backtest & forward test

http://stashbox.org/627275/tb909a.zip

Actually, the default StartHour (for now) is 20 GMT and the Duration (not EndHour) is 2, so effectively the EA trades from 20-22 GMT. This is my modified version that allows you to set the StartHour and Duration, if you do not like the default values. It also addresses the issue of using wrong lots in non-MM mode. It works ok on my PC, both in backtest & forward test

You're right, it was duration, not end hour in my version as well. The field was incorrectly named and the defaults were switched (it would start trading at 2AM and it would trade for 20 hours), that's probably what confused the people getting weird results.

Hmm... Does it mean that too many people are running the educated ea at once or what is wrong with it?

2009.09.11 10:02:46 2009.06.30 10:04 Thunderbolt-909b EURUSD,H1: Alert: Maximum Attempt to connect server reach, Please contact support team for solution

[spoiler:26ukmy10]Never trust, never fear, never beg[/spoiler:26ukmy10]

where's the dll? thanks

Actually I just saw the same message when backtesting Fractals. Does anybody knows what this msg means?

Hmm... Does it mean that too many people are running the educated ea at once or what is wrong with it?

2009.09.11 10:02:46 2009.06.30 10:04 Thunderbolt-909b EURUSD,H1: Alert: Maximum Attempt to connect server reach, Please contact support team for solution

thanks for this but i think the MM setting, or manual lot setting still doesnt work as if i disable MM and set MM_risk =0 it still trades 0.05 lots instead the 0.1 I have set manually (on backtests)

The message can be caused by one of the following:

- wrong timeframe

- trades disabled

- expert advisors disabled

- DLL imports disabled

In your case, it's wrong timeframe, you're supposed to run it on M15 not H1, read the manual.

Actually I just saw the same message when backtesting Fractals. Does anybody knows what this msg means?

It probably means one of the above things. To find out which one, run the backtest in visual mode and read what the comment on the chart says.

2009.09.12 15:20:31 2009.09.11 22:59 Thunderbolt-909v1a EURUSD,M15: Alert: 1108995 - THUNDERBOLT - EA had the following error(s): \n--->Program path invalid, please set 'Start In' parameter from your desktop shortcut. Contact our support team (suppoooort@forexhooooop*.com) for more information

The manual says the EA cannot be backtested, but I can see you guys can backtest...

What's wrong?

Thanks in advance