Should all EA seller provice live forward test

WFL

Re: Should all EA seller provice live forward test

Just try to put yourselves in the position of trading system developers... if you've made a system which you've great confidence in, and it really shows great performance in quite long period of time, will you still consider sell it to the public?

It's just a matter of fact that, those EAs floating around in the funny market are either incomplete, or only curve fitted for a period of history, or just experiments based on some sort of theories which developers still feel uncertain...

If you're not developers, try understand the EAs you use completely, or you're just gambling...

If you're developers, try understand them and use the good features in your system.

Hi guys,

I would say most of the times EA sellers fake the data and the positions they make on their EA reports.

Obviously, it is impossible to sell a profitable EA because they can make money in their own rather than selling it. They just want to sell an EA that make some profit and for surely later it is going to be either on Break-even or blow up the account. Remember that there are a lot of profitable EA on the advertisers' websites, but when someone buy it and setup on MT4 or other platform, it never perform the same or even close to the advertised.

I would say again that EA Selles will cheat in everything to sell their EA and never let you know how they could get some forward test or live test "if it is truly live test" be so profitable.

If you need my advise, try the broken trend strategy and I'm sure you can make some money of it depending on your broker.

Remember, the key to making money start with the broker first, and then with the EA or strategy.

Good luck.

a New Year 2011 has come, and the challenge has just started 8-)

I think that any EA, Strategy, Method or system should show legitimate live results of their product. The problem is that anyone can fake any results they want. You as the consumer just has to trust that the vendor is truthful, which seems to be a rarity anymore.

No one gives a crap about the retail customer MAKING money.. We are all leachers on top the banks transferring funds amogst themselves.. MetaTrader was designed for the novice/retail users out there that want to get a some of the action.. Problem is they let the crappy brokers play with the data and even EA's that might work get impossible spreads or stop hunting taking place..

As far as the EA's themselves.. I have been tracking various sources and email origionation points and the best I can tell over 90% of the EA's released all come from the same office or group or whatever you want to call it.. SCAMMERS... They even mess up every now and cross mail themselves and dont realize it or really dont care.. SO if 90% of the junk is from the same place then the only recourse is to expose them for what they are.. SCAMMERS.. and thats it..

Trying to get the brokers to force anything on the EA writers is a waste of time.. The bucket shops WANT you to lose or they lose.. The really big Forex houses dont use MT4.. I use FxSol for my big trading and they laugh at MT4.. So that doesnt leave you with much..

As you become more aware of this site you will realize that there aint that much out in the public that works OUT OF THE BOX.. A LOT of the EA's are really the same code cut and pasted over and over with little or no add on, just a name change.. I dont know how many of the FapTurbo/MegaDroid clones there must be now.. And none of them are really safe.. They still dont know how to handle drawdown very well...

There must thousands of EA that know how to enter a trade.. But very few that can get out of loosing trade without killing the account..

Imagine that you have an EA that make money constantly, would you make it public? don't think so

I don't trust automated trading, I am not saying it's useless or it wont work, I just don't like the idea.

But if you are looking to buy or get one I do recommend you check for live forward tests, it's EASY to curve-fit an EA and make it earn a fortune with historical data, trading live will give you different results most of the time.

hacker, with FXSol you mean fxsolutions dot com? I though they do use mt4.

hacker, with FXSol you mean fxsolutions dot com? I though they do use mt4.

shoot you know your right.. I didnt know they started offering it.. Ive been using GTS for 4 years or more.. I may have to download a demo and check it out.. I know I was on the main site about 4 months ago and they didnt say MT4 then..

Boy if I could tranfer some funds out of my GTS account to MT4 that would be awsome..

They probably sent me an email about MT4 but I never read the stuff... It all goes in a FxSol filter email folder and once a week I look at the week end email to verify my balances..

Hey.. thanks for mentioning it...

Well.. Simply, we avoid any purchase from scam ea seller so sooner or later they will be out of their business and have to think again how to leech our money..

Maybe the one you should trust is the seller with real account live (using mtstats or onixtrade).

That's my opinion..

Well.. Simply, we avoid any purchase from scam ea seller so sooner or later they will be out of their business and have to think again how to leech our money..

Maybe the one you should trust is the seller with real account live (using mtstats or onixtrade).

That's my opinion..

Funny.. I hate to be a cross poster, but go read what i just wrote about Mt4Stats over at this thread..

http://www.indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4577&p=43316#p43316

Agree all EA results should come from real fordward testing. But even when an EA proves to be good the results are mostly different from other people. This because everyone has a different internet connection, other perfotmance pc etc.

Actually, most EAs being sold perform great on historical data, which is the only reason a customer might want to buy them.

Since all the experienced oldschool traders recommend having a system, a set of rules you stick by when trading, it must be that they are already using such a system to be successful, and somehow it has to be possible to implement these rulesets in software. However, as other people pointed out, why would you want to sell such a working system? It's probably easier to find an investor if you have a working EA and not enough money to start it up.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way to enforce the EA sellers to have forward testing attached. When they do have forward testing, check it several times to make sure it's not fake.

My friend make an EA seller ranking :)>-

1. LIVE real money account statements with mainstream broker

2. investor password to #1 for total transparency

3. forward demo test statements

4. investor password to #3

5. time-limited demo EA

I´m fairly new to all this EA stuff. So I was very impressed by all these "backtest graphs" and shiny test accounts... but now I have "my glasses on" and see clear. at least with a little help of this forum too.

with all that scam around EAs, it´s just good to have a place like here where you have people that help you

avoiding running into some of the scams and not working EAs.

thanks! ^:)^

My friend make an EA seller ranking :)>-

1. LIVE real money account statements with mainstream broker

2. investor password to #1 for total transparency

3. forward demo test statements

4. investor password to #3

5. time-limited demo EA

1. Most arnt gonna release investor password (I wouldnt).. A trade copier can be installed when logged in as investor..

2. The charts can be made up and thus the vendor backtest can be total bogus (as we have seen several times)..

3. The MT4 Publisher function can be simulated (as we have seen several times).. Thus mt4stat, mt4live and other stat sites are questionable..

4. With the advent of the de-compilers you aint gonna see may demos released..

5. The only real thing is Buying the product, Your OWN demo forward testing and ClickBank refunds (which I have done myself)..

6. Oh and of course this place.. Or possibly other sites that are there for the User and not the Vendor.. Most of the famous/popular sites are either owner by brokers in hiding or the vendors themselves..

7. It helps if you spend a little time learning MQ4 code.. WHich is very similiar to ANSI C language.. The new MT5 coming down the road is based on C++ language.. If you anrt interested in this option then #5 and #6 are your best bet..

Imagine if you really had a foolproof profitable EA, would you sell it or use it?

If it were really good, you would make much more using it than selling it.

Of course I would be using it , and I would sell it.. Whats an extra million or so worth to you.. If you dont think theres a viable market for a "Real EA" then you aint paying attention..

But probably I would sell the signals.. A lot easier to set up a Server/Client EA and sent the signals to the end user.. About the only problem with that is trying to figure a way to keep the end user from installing a trade copier... Thats actually the problem I am working on right now..