Fractals4 -- new Fractals from Fx H0pe

Re: Fractals4 -- new Fractals from Fx H0pe

If you're forward testing Fractals4 or Thunderbolt, you should be aware of a severe bug found by clovelly. The EA does NOT check the symbol of the order so unless you change the magic numbers for each pair, it will happen that e.g. your EURUSD EA will close the EURGBP orders. So, make sure that you use different magic numbers for each pair.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The EA does NOT check the symbol of the order so unless you change the magic numbers for each pair, it will happen that e.g. your EURUSD EA will close the EURGBP orders.
I checked the Fractals 4 live test:
fractals4.mt4live.com

and there are no cases where different order symbols have the same close time. So maybe they themselves used different magic numbers.

:-? I could only check gotrader because my other 2 demo accounts I had to open new account could that explain why members have been saying only forward test accounts showing continue profit is fractal4 account I can remember about 3 weeks ago 1 off demo lost for week not much but fxh**pe showed profit :-? :shand:

While it seemed not so bad initially, this EA totally failed for me. I'm stopping my forward tests, after almost a month one is at -18% and the other at -8%. It's mostly because of bad programming and the EA closing the orders for the wrong currency pair, but even without that it's not really profitable from what I can see.

I totally fail to see how come it's profitable in their forward test. I decided to just give up on it for now, until some independent reviewer is posting some positive results.

Last weeks I has started the test for a demo (ver. 909).

EURUSD 24 pip (prof) - 76 pip (loss) = -52 pip

GBPUSD 103 pip (prof) - 0 pip (loss) = +103 pip

EURGBP 0 pip (prof) - 121 pip (loss) = -121 pip

Still there were open transactions:

GBPUSD +61 pip

EURGBP +361 pip

I Think Early for the conclusion.

If you're forward testing Fractals4 or Thunderbolt, you should be aware of a severe bug found by clovelly. The EA does NOT check the symbol of the order so unless you change the magic numbers for each pair, it will happen that e.g. your EURUSD EA will close the EURGBP orders. So, make sure that you use different magic numbers for each pair.

Where in the code can you find those bugs with magic numbers that are not taken into the consideration for other pairs? Can you maybe show and code example?

Where in the code can you find those bugs with magic numbers that are not taken into the consideration for other pairs? Can you maybe show and code example?

Example:

l_ord_total_0 = OrdersTotal();
     for (int l_pos_4 = l_ord_total_0 - 1; l_pos_4 >= 0; l_pos_4--) {
        OrderSelect(l_pos_4, SELECT_BY_POS);
        l_cmd_8 = OrderType();
        if (l_cmd_8 == OP_BUY && OrderMagicNumber() == gi_928 && OrderProfit() + OrderSwap() + OrderCommission() > 0.0) {
           ld_12 = OrderProfit() + OrderSwap() + OrderCommission();
           if (li_20 == 0) li_24 = li_24 + ld_12;
        }
     }

As you can see, only the magic is checked here, not also the symbol.

It should read:

...OrderMagicNumber() == gi_928 && OrderSymbol() == Symbol() && OrderProfit() + ...

Basically, all checks of OrderMagicNumber() without an OrderSymbol() check are buggy, unless the author wanted to count all the open orders, which there's no reason to in the case of this EA.

Example:

l_ord_total_0 = OrdersTotal();
     for (int l_pos_4 = l_ord_total_0 - 1; l_pos_4 >= 0; l_pos_4--) {
        OrderSelect(l_pos_4, SELECT_BY_POS);
        l_cmd_8 = OrderType();
        if (l_cmd_8 == OP_BUY && OrderMagicNumber() == gi_928 && OrderProfit() + OrderSwap() + OrderCommission() > 0.0) {
           ld_12 = OrderProfit() + OrderSwap() + OrderCommission();
           if (li_20 == 0) li_24 = li_24 + ld_12;
        }
     }

As you can see, only the magic is checked here, not also the symbol.

It should read:

...OrderMagicNumber() == gi_928 && OrderSymbol() == Symbol() && OrderProfit() + ...

Basically, all checks of OrderMagicNumber() without an OrderSymbol() check are buggy, unless the author wanted to count all the open orders, which there's no reason to in the case of this EA.

This is mostlikly a bug... Thanks for the explanation:) Another question that you might can answer, what does the FRACTALS1-5 function calls do in the dll? I can see that FRACTALS5 is for example used before an entry is opened for breakout. You send in 7 arguments and as response you get an integer....

Another question that you might can answer, what does the FRACTALS1-5 function calls do in the dll? I can see that FRACTALS5 is for example used before an entry is opened for breakout. You send in 7 arguments and as response you get an integer....

I have no idea what it does and it's not worth the time to check it out. It probably calculates whether it's got an entry signal based on the 7 arguments.

• 2 weeks later...

Just get your self a copy of Gomega Xray v1453 and compare these function CheckTimes(), OpenPsn(), CountOpenTrades(), Entry(), IsHook().

For BankingFX, SyaratProfit1(), SyaratProfit2() and ValidTradingTime() --are just codes from BankingFX line-by-line with the author just splitting it into VT1(), VT2(), VT3(), VT4() and VT5().

• 10 months later...

I have the original version and making money with it. The secret is to concentrate on low volatility trades (scalping). I took some time for me to figure that out as the scalping function is an additional mode.

My live account is up 110% in 2 months mainly through the scalping trades. My demo account, which only trades the scalping feature is up 120% with a much smoother equity curve.

The 4h chart trades depending on the market conditions produce some bad trades. I believe it would be much better on 1H charts.

Does anybody have a mq4 version in order to figure out the scalping strategy?

May be this EA can be further improved with NN technology.

How do you activate the scalping startegy?

I have the original version and making money with it. The secret is to concentrate on low volatility trades (scalping). I took some time for me to figure that out as the scalping function is an additional mode.

My live account is up 110% in 2 months mainly through the scalping trades. My demo account, which only trades the scalping feature is up 120% with a much smoother equity curve.

The 4h chart trades depending on the market conditions produce some bad trades. I believe it would be much better on 1H charts.

Does anybody have a mq4 version in order to figure out the scalping strategy?

May be this EA can be further improved with NN technology.

Hi heikobear, I don't see "Enable Low Volatility trades" check on fractals 4 parameters. are you using on other version of fractals ?

The latest version is 911. I downloaded the version 907 from this post and indeed this setting is not available though there is "aggressive setting" which makes part of the low volatility strategy.

Maybe it is better to buy the original....on forexbling you can buy Fractals4 for USD 99 if you subscribe for 3 months. Now there are two scalping strategies among others. Actually pretty interesting.

If someone can educate the latest version 911 I could upload it for you.