req,,history datas

i lost all my computer datas X_X along with the most important thing for me ,alpari eu/chf ,euro/gbp,euro/us datas ,that i use extensively for reliable backtest,

the alpari historical datas site is down, can not get them anymore , @-)

i would appreciate that anyone of you who is in possession of those datas, be kind enough to share them on this forum please [-O<

thank you :P

Re: req,,history datas

I spotted this notice on the Alpari site:

"Downloading of historical data is temporarily unavailable. As an alternative, you are able to export historical data from the MetaTrader 4 terminal.

In order to download quotes from the MetaTrader 4 terminal you should:

Update the terminal. In order to do it download MetaTrader 4 from our web-site (build 220 or later) and install it over the older version. You will not be able to import the quotes via LiveUpdate.

Increase the maximum quantity of bars in MetaTrader 4 settings on the basis that one day in the History contains 1440 M1 bars: MT4 / Tools / Options / Charts / Max bars in history).

Go to the History Center in MetaTrader 4: MT4 / Tools / History Center.

Choose the time-frame of the neccessary instrument you are interested in (double click for example on EURUSD/1 min) and press Download.

As a result, MetaTrader 4 downloads the history of M1 quotes from our History Center and imports them to MT4 time-frames."

This is interesting because I always thought that pressing Download from Alpari MT4 brought in the older data from the Metaquotes server.

This is interesting because I always thought that pressing Download from Alpari MT4 brought in the older data from the Metaquotes server.

The data downloadable from the Alpari MetaTrader terminal is from Metaquotes. I've checked with data from other broker's MetaTrader terminals and the data is just about identical (apart from UTC shift); even the holes (periods of missing data) match.

I've just found an Alpari Customer Service representative state this less than 2 months ago to be the case:

The data comes from MetaQuotes and is cross-checked before being uploaded.
(source: http://forum.alpari.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6530)

The data from Metaquotes is of poor quality. There are tens of thousands of holes in the data.

Also, Metaquotes data is "indicative data" as oppoed to actual live data from a particular broker. Here's a quote from a Metaquotes representative stating just that:

Yes, these are indicative data collected from a number of providers and then filtered.
(source: http://www.metatrader4.com/forum/2576)

Indicative data is ok to use for strategies that use the larger time frames e.g. H4 or higher, but can't be relied upon for strategies that use M1 or M5 and have take profit and stop loss distances that are 10 points or less, because each bar in the indicative data may vary with actual data by a few points or so.

The data that was previously available on the Alpari web site was from their own servers and was considered to be good quality.

So I'd also like a copy. I didn't save the downloads I used to make from their databank. There must be at least someone in this world who didn't delete their Alpari databank downloads. Please share the data with us!

i got a new source

:D

http://www.mediafire.com/?ytwbtoizmg1

This is FXDD's data which I believe is from their trade servers (and not from Metaquotes): http://www.fxdd.com/en/mt1m-data.html

I get poor results when I backtest MegaDroid on it. It worries me.

So I'd still like to get Alpari's data which they used to provide on their web site.

In the past I was using Alpari. They stopped publishing data few months ago and claim that we are able to download the same data from history center. ;))

Anyway hxxp://ratedata*gaincapital*com/ is working for me. I was able to download and import information in MT4.

Thank you for sharing! Great people in this fourm ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ :-bd

Kudus is what gives me power....

• 2 years later...