MD Unplugged

The other threads are a little long so I am starting a new thread specifically to work on an "unplugged version" of md. I am half way thru & a little stuck so any help appreciated.

Version: I am still working on the original v111.= (not pro), I am used to this version. Once its finished, its easy to create different logics for different pairs like mdp.

I have finally figured out how to convert the buy / sell rules. The s1/s2_buy/sell functions do call to the dll to get a buy / sell signal. Have to find out the rules & write a local function to get around them.

So far have made a rough conversion of system 1 buy & sell rules, see the attached file & you get the idea. The performance is close but not quite there yet. Once the rules are understood I intend to strip out the GMT & have a nodll simple version.

If anyone can read the dll it might speed up the process.

The remaining issues I haven't solved yet are:

1. System 1 rules 100 % correct

2. System 2 rules

3. What is the Getcurrentprocessid() call? & can it be disconnected from the dll?

Anyone want to help?

For file see --> "f0rexsh*ring.com/769600" (pw 'unplugged')

Re: MD Unplugged

Hi there man, great to see someone else working on this pretty code.

Look, i've been looking at this a bit, and found some other possible gmtoffset where MD works awesome too, on FXDD from may so far with gmtoffset=9 it's almost perfect on EU 15m. Due to saving hour changes, back from may it works better with gmtoffset=8. You'll notice that something similar happens with year 2008, take a look and use your tester to get the correct timings for your broker.

I'm working on some other pairs too, changing indicators TFs to see if this make some changes.

I'll let you know if i get somewhere else.

Regards.

Hi,

I already posted the 100% correct MD v 1.11 on the Pro thread, please comare it to the original :)

Br.

Hi, bbrain,

I saw some parameters were changed in your code.

For example:

int gi_244 = 150; //200;

int gi_248 = 30; //20;

double gd_292 = 70.0; //64.0;

double gd_300 = 30.0; //36.0;

double S2_maxopenhour = 10.0; //12.0;

double S2_maxopenhour2 = 12.0; //24.0;

Will the changes make some difference from the original MD?

And another question, are you working on the no dll version of mdpro? Hope you can release that soon.

Thanks.

Hi,

The default settings will be overwritten by the s1_init and S2_init functions from the DLL. I hard coded the correct EURUSD settings.

About the MDP I am too lazy to extract the istradetime function. Except that I posted every other functions in the pro forum: http://www.indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4115&start=300 (31-33 pages)

Br.

hi br..just got a chance to read the file..awesome! gee that's saved me some work.

I realise then that the getprocessid is a windows environment call? For interest what does it do?

Ps - how do you find the reliability of this version of autoGMT, is it stable / better than the dll version? Does is consume much resource running it every tick this way? I always wondered if this took up much cpu & whether should be restricted to checking 1 /day?

The system2 rules are pretty basic, I originally thought it was a pyramid entry & would have been a certain distance away from the S1 entry, perhaps that's an improve I might make.

Certainly should be easy to add multiple logic options as per mdpr now.

hi br..just got a chance to read the file..awesome! gee that's saved me some work.

I realise then that the getprocessid is a windows environment call? For interest what does it do?

Ps - how do you find the reliability of this version of autoGMT, is it stable / better than the dll version? Does is consume much resource running it every tick this way? I always wondered if this took up much cpu & whether should be restricted to checking 1 /day?

The system2 rules are pretty basic, I originally thought it was a pyramid entry & would have been a certain distance away from the S1 entry, perhaps that's an improve I might make.

Certainly should be easy to add multiple logic options as per mdpr now.

Hi,

The getprocessid needed for check the EA name on the chart. Probably it is for avoid stealing the DLL.

About the Refresh function, it did the same, but thru the MD dll.

About MDP i must do the istradetime function only. I will do it as i have enoght time for it.

Br.