Megadroid Pro (links first post)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Megadroid Pro

Had 6 trades and 22+ pips(no 'red' trades), but I also had a MT4 crash, with one trade open...

Pairs were:

EURCHF-MDP, EURUSD-MDP, EURGBP-MDP, USDCHF-MDP, GBPUSD-MDP2, USDJPY-MDP3 (As Don recomended, there was no overlapping with logic). Version ee2x.

Hi,

:) No, This function is not ready. Anyway all other functions must work.

This IsTradeTime function do some extra time filtering.

- Auto GMT fixed

- s1_init and s2_init replaced

- s1_buy s1_sell s2_buy s2_sell replaced

- Nodes (multi instances) fixed

Br.

hi bb..great work.

Unfortunately the GMTAuto gives me an offset of -1 for a +2 broker (GoMarkets Aus), I still can't figure that out!

I think to the day of month check is removed (no trades on last 3 days), was that intended? When testing without it does make a difference (more losses in Jan particularly).

Suggestion for future version - for my own version I added option to vary risk of both S1 & S2 separately so I could set a lower risk for S2 (I chose 50% lower) which even tho reduces total profit slightly, reduces the drawdown & improves the profit factor a lot.

did I say great work! way quicker than I can..

chrs, Dave

hi bb..great work.

Unfortunately the GMTAuto gives me an offset of -1 for a +2 broker (GoMarkets Aus), I still can't figure that out!

I think to the day of month check is removed (no trades on last 3 days), was that intended? When testing without it does make a difference (more losses in Jan particularly).

Suggestion for future version - for my own version I added option to vary risk of both S1 & S2 separately so I could set a lower risk for S2 (I chose 50% lower) which even tho reduces total profit slightly, reduces the drawdown & improves the profit factor a lot.

did I say great work! way quicker than I can..

chrs, Dave

It is calculates the GMT from the local time. Maybe your PC setting wrong?

thanks a lot bbrain!

have been playing around with this for a bit...

seems that with Auto for GMToffset ON, the display has the "UtcTime" is wrong, thus the "GMTOffset" was wrong too...

I'm on alpari-uk and when the GMT offset should be +2, it was displaying -1 when on Auto.

will test this some more.

Thanks again.

Please backtest it, ot be sure all is working fine.

Br.

Getting a few discrepencies when backtesting the default pairs in June 2009.

Maybe some logic missing?

EUR/GBP - unplugged placed 8 more trades than ee2 (total 20) with $100+ LESS profit :-?

EUR/USD - unplugged placed 1 more trade than ee2 (total 19) with $5 more profit

EUR/CHF - unplugged placed 1 more trade than ee2 (total 18) with $1 less profit

USD/CHF - same number of trades and profit

Cheers

Getting a few discrepencies when backtesting the default pairs in June 2009.

Maybe some logic missing?

EUR/GBP - unplugged placed 8 more trades than ee2 (total 20) with $100+ LESS profit :-?

EUR/USD - unplugged placed 1 more trade than ee2 (total 19) with $5 more profit

EUR/CHF - unplugged placed 1 more trade than ee2 (total 18) with $1 less profit

USD/CHF - same number of trades and profit

Cheers

This is probably because the extra time filter function coded in the dll. I will look deep into the DLL today.

Br.

zoop, I did that before. I added a "MaxStopLoss", eg. value 60. If MegaDroid tries to open a trade with stop loss > 60 pips, the stop loss will be 60.

I then tested it with many stoploss values (eg. 40, 50, 60, 70, etc.), I found that the best one is still leave it to MegaDroid... sometimes it has a huge stoploss value (that worried me at first, that's why I added the MaxStopLoss), but MegaDroid usually close the trade itself before hitting stoploss... and for the longrun backtesting, the default stoploss did work better. I have no idea how MegaDroid calculates and determine the stoploss value though...