Megadroid Pro (links first post)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Megadroid Pro

general info: if i look at my live results over four weeks:

mdpro_bbrv07 forst week and I am up £81.28 on a £2k account.....alpari classic

original md running adt this week £78.11, however the previous two weeks were both negative so over 4 weeks £187.47...on a £1700 alpari micro

original md running adt this week £76.67, again the previous two weeks were both negative so over 4 weeks £131.28 ...on a £1700 activtrades account

maybe i should hav left one account just running original md?.....I'll let you know if activetrades keeps lagging behind

/robin

Interesting results Robin, keep us posted. Thanks.

Are you running the same risk level (or lot size) with each broker and version of MD?

I am running MDPro (10 charts as Shakerz settings), and MD original with ADT, but my lot sizes are different for each. I am more comfortable with MD Original + ADT at present as I'm not sure how the various pairs will perform. A bit scary @-) Time will help with that I think !

M

@meridian

yes exactly the same for the md original with both brokers, using ben's overlap aggressive settings....

on my accounts mdpro uses the same risk levels for each currency, at the moment i'm trading 9 currencies (have excluded usdcad but i'll probably introduce it next week) the only pair I've not had a trade on is eurchf,

I know Shakerz trades slightly different times and has the usdcad, but i don't think there is a whole heap of difference between our settings (i'll check)

you're welcome to look at my stats: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/robinkm/robinkm-mdproee-bbrv07-live/1228/XgPCCFR65OT9FLvKicjU they only went live this week so they are only relevant from the 14th

/robin

Please any body upload new link for Megadroid XE 1.2

Because old link is dead

It's there alright. The link was reposted and updated a few pages back in this thread.

Overall a pretty miserbale month live for MDP. One live account in drawdown. Alpari UK live not up very much. A few losses freom the USDCAD on JadeFX... hopefully the rest of this month and next month are better.

I'm turning recovery mode off and enabling risk sharing so that my equity curve can be a bit smoother. With so many pairs running, with related currencies, it's not hard to imagine several pairs having a month of wipeouts. This month has been particularly bad for them.

Guest jaet1989

I am waiting for the one losing night, trading correlated pairs isn't clever, 12345 drawdowns instead of 1.

Just consider this if you're live.

I tried warning everyone, I was ignored, if you are still doing it, stop!!!! I have just opened a live account at Alpari UK, and I am up 25% for the week.

Guest jaet1989

jaet1989 wrote:

"I am waiting for the one losing night, trading correlated pairs isn't clever, 12345 drawdowns instead of 1.

Just consider this if you're live."

If anyone did take this advice a few months ago, I think a Kudos may be in order. ;)

jaet1989 I did read your advice when I sat for 2 days to read the ENTIRE 140 pages of the thread... thought it very wise.... printed it out to remind myself about it, then lost the print out !! :o =))

Can you please relist your correlated currencies please? I cannot face reading 140 pages of posts again to find it. @-) :hammer:

I thought it a good balance when I read it, and would give confidence in perhaps increasing trade lot sizes in the future. I have had a good week, did not experience any losses as others sadly did, but I am always looking for increased safety.

Certainly, Kudos to you for your wise foresight. ^:)^

M

Robinkm... thanks for the details, and your stats link. Will take a look over the weekend. The one thing I have altered (but not yet traded) from Shakerz settings, is the aggressive S2 times. I have used a one hour delay in the start time. I feel caution is the key to the aggressive setting, and a one hour delay may help edge trades into the quieter Asian market.

Rio...... have you been running Aggressive AND Recovery on your settings? I am wondering if this may have been the cause of your poor results in recent weeks??

Just a thought. Perhaps we need to tread carefully now the markets are returning to activity?

M

Rio...... have you been running Aggressive AND Recovery on your settings? I am wondering if this may have been the cause of your poor results in recent weeks??

Just a thought. Perhaps we need to tread carefully now the markets are returning to activity?

I was running both both last month and things did OK, but I have turned recovery off now. The thing is, that with so much trading going on it's actually quite risky to use recovery (I only have $1000, min lot size 0.1) so a losing recovery trade really isn't worth the risk. Even with recovery off, the testing backcurve is still very very good, so I see no reason to turn it on.

As for aggressive mode, I've been using it too.

Hey ShaKerz, do your results include your MD ADT trading also? In other words, are you running both EA's on the one live account?

Also, as you are with Alpari UK, are your settings in MDPro:

MaxSpread: -1

RiskSharingEnabled: True

to achieve so many trades?

Many thanks :)

No, the results for this demo account are just for MDPro ADT but not "classic" ADT Eurusd. But in my Live account, i'm running both, MD ADT and MDPro ADT.

MaxSpread : 0

RiskSharingEnabled : False

;)

quote="fabregas"]On Alpari Uk Megadroid pro is in trouble. Basically no trades at all. Time to change broker i think :S

You must be doing something wrong. It traded for me live. It is profitble this month, but not by that much at all. Too many hit SLs. :(

I concur with Rio......lots of trades but only a small profit this month..you must have it set incorrectly

Hi,

a new version of Megadroid has just been released !

We have just (17:00 GMT / 12:00 EST) uploaded the latest version

of Forex MegaDroid.

The new version 1.20 includes:

- a revised strategy method which has resulted in better results in

recent testing (trade frequency has improved too)

- NFA mode to allow correct operation with NFA-registered brokers

who have adopted the "no hedging" and "FIFO" rules

- remote GMT offset checking via our trade server

- a much updated manual

You can download here : http://www.forex-megadroid.com/collect.html

Please educate :)

I'm doing backtest for the 5 last years with version 1.11 and 1.20 to compare results. I'll post the results here 8-)

Hi ShaKerZ and Bbrain,

The new version 1.20 is for the EUR/USD only, not the MDpro, isn´t it?

Is there an update for MDpro?

Please let me know.

Many thanks and good work.

Hi,

There are no new MDP version, the MD v1.20 contains the NFA update, which already in the MDP 1.01. Few values modified by the authors.