Megadroid Pro (links first post)

Re: Megadroid Pro

Hehe, Don, I believe that you have done a great job. But still your one somehow behaves different. Fewer trades (that doesn't have to be bad, cause it misses some losses on USDCHF for me at the beginning of july). And the backtest seems to be a bit slower with your version.

But I have no clue in programming or cracking, so I can't tell what the difference is or which one works accurately.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I have compared the Pro's EUR/USD results to MD's EUR/USD results. They were the same.

Maybe there would be someone with MD v1.11a Multipair installed and compare the results from pair to pair. It would be great to find out if Pro has different strategies on its different pairs or all the trading decisions are based on a common logic?

If there is no difference between Pro and the Multipair version, then Pro is really just a "made up" single MD with new pairs added. (offered for $699 :)) )

Here it is!

The Forex MegaDroidPro v1.00ee

http://www.filefactory*com/file/ahd1015/n/MegaDroidPro_v1_00ee_rar

MegaDroidPro v1.00ee (ee means "Educated & Enhanced" ;) )

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This version of MegaDroidPro has

1. Disabled Authentication

You can write any ReceiptCode or leave the field empty.

The .dll doesn't prevent buy & sell orders anymore if authentication fails.

No annoying "Not Authenticated" message is showing up.

2. Applicable on any pairs

Not just EUR/USD, EUR/CHF, EUR/GBP and USD/CHF can be traded, but any pairs.

3. Spread limit can be freely changed

Some broker has higher night spreads at some pairs, therefore MegaDroid

often sent out the message: "Safe spread limit exceeded"

Therefore there is a new variable called MaxSpread.

If MaxSpread set to 0 (zero), then MegaDroid's default built-in

spread limits are used.

If MaxSpread set to other number, then that number will be used as the new

"Safe spread limit". If you're on 5 digit broker, then multiply it by 10!

Example: you want to trade GBP/JPY, but its spread is 7 / 10 (day/night).

Set MaxSpread to 10 (night spread) if you're on 4 digit broker.

Set MaxSpread to 100 if you're on 5 digit broker!

Warning! MegaDroidPro is a scalping robot! If you set MaxSpread too high or

trade pairs with too high spreads, then it may lead to large drawdown or

even account blowup! Try to trade the pairs with the thightest spreads!

That's all!

Enjoy!

This version makes a lot less trades than the original one.

Im gonna test the other one posted here too.

EDIT: 2nd version works just like original.

The original one made ZERO trades for me... (I have no ReceiptCode).

The second one in the thread threw up the Not Authenticated -message and it made ZERO trades even in backtest.

I have did not tested the one after mine.

I don't know what's then...

This version makes a lot less trades than the original one.

Im gonna test the other one posted here too.

EDIT: 2nd version works just like original.

Thanks for verifying! Now maybe Don can get the "rapidshare version" to work for him, too, so that he can find the difference and edit his ee-version to act like the original one, but still to work with any currency. That would be awesome :)

This link don work anymore

http://rapid*share.com/files/256056705/mdpro.rar.html

ERROR X-( X-(

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

can someone reupload this version on 4shared or mediafire :shand: :shand:

to see the different on both MQ4 file use this software ExamDiff Pro

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/236682705/eXaMdIfFpRo4520.rar

Password: Xtra

i seem like the code is a bit different but almost all is the same... not sure why i have deifferent result :-??

Hi Don

I would like to know which Software you use to modify the DLL files.

I can programme with MQL4 a bit, but I never had luck with modifying DLL-files.

I already tried the Ollydbg and others but never had luck.

Which software you use to modify the DLL-files?

Thanks in advance.

Ok, I have finished all the tests. Here you are: http://www.filefactory.com/file/ahd175a/n/MDpro_Results_rar

I think I have found the reason of the differences. If you're looking at the EUR/USD results of both versions they're looking similar. But if you're examining the EUR/GBP results, then it's full of differencies.

The .dll in the Rapidshare version is somewhat differently educated than mine, but it's not the main reason of the differences.

I have enabled the robot to trade with ALL the pairs, not just the 4 default ones. I have done it through the EUR/USD pair, as in the simple MD v1.11a Multipair. Every request and calculations were done by the EUR/USD logic, that's why the differences. So, I can say safely that MDpro is using different logics for each default pairs!

Now, what I will do is that I'll use the .dll found in the Rapidshare version and I'll also modify my mq4 to handle the EUR/USD, EUR/CHF, EUR/GBP, USD/CHF with their own logic, but if you want to use the robot on a completely different pair, then its calculations temporarily will be done by the EUR/USD logic.

Ok, I'll do it within a short time. Meanwhile I'll ask you, forex experts, to categorize the currency pairs by their similarity.

I mean, you should set up a table like this one:

EUR/USD is similar to: EUR/CAD, AUD/USD, USD/CAD

EUR/GBP is similar to: GBP/USD, GBP/JPY

EUR/CHF is similar to: GBP/CHF, AUD/CHF, CAD/CHF

USD/CHF is similar to: CHF/JPY, AUD/CAD...

and so on. All the similarities should based on general "behavior" of the currency pair, volatility, volume, etc.

I'd like to "tell" to MDpro's .dll that which logic should be used at trading the actual pair.

This way we should get more trustable results with different unsupported pairs.

Thanks!

Hi Don

I would like to know which Software you use to modify the DLL files.

I can programme with MQL4 a bit, but I never had luck with modifying DLL-files.

I already tried the Ollydbg and others but never had luck.

Which software you use to modify the DLL-files?

Thanks in advance.

Yuppi, I am peeking into exe's and dll's with the PE Explorer 1.99 R5. It can be found on rapidshare.

If I have found out what to change, then I am using a simple hexeditor to make the changes and save the file.

Here it is!

The Forex MegaDroidPro v1.00ee

http://www.filefactory*com/file/ahd1015/n/MegaDroidPro_v1_00ee_rar

MegaDroidPro v1.00ee (ee means "Educated & Enhanced" ;) )

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This version of MegaDroidPro has

1. Disabled Authentication

You can write any ReceiptCode or leave the field empty.

The .dll doesn't prevent buy & sell orders anymore if authentication fails.

No annoying "Not Authenticated" message is showing up.

2. Applicable on any pairs

Not just EUR/USD, EUR/CHF, EUR/GBP and USD/CHF can be traded, but any pairs.

3. Spread limit can be freely changed

Some broker has higher night spreads at some pairs, therefore MegaDroid

often sent out the message: "Safe spread limit exceeded"

Therefore there is a new variable called MaxSpread.

If MaxSpread set to 0 (zero), then MegaDroid's default built-in

spread limits are used.

If MaxSpread set to other number, then that number will be used as the new

"Safe spread limit". If you're on 5 digit broker, then multiply it by 10!

Example: you want to trade GBP/JPY, but its spread is 7 / 10 (day/night).

Set MaxSpread to 10 (night spread) if you're on 4 digit broker.

Set MaxSpread to 100 if you're on 5 digit broker!

Warning! MegaDroidPro is a scalping robot! If you set MaxSpread too high or

trade pairs with too high spreads, then it may lead to large drawdown or

even account blowup! Try to trade the pairs with the thightest spreads!

That's all!

Enjoy!

Hi Don,

What is the default spread for this version? 30, 40, 50 or more? As I am using Alpari UK with 5 digit spread. Thanks.

Now, what I will do is that I'll use the .dll found in the rapid*share version and I'll also modify my mq4 to handle the EUR/USD, EUR/CHF, EUR/GBP, USD/CHF with their own logic, but if you want to use the robot on a completely different pair, then its calculations temporarily will be done by the EUR/USD logic.

That would be great! Thanks for your efforts!!!!

I would love to help you with categorizing currency pairs, but to be honest, I'm still a bloody newbie, so I don't really know all the connections between them, yet. But I'm sure there are some experts here who can.

Stormin_Norman, you'll get similar results if you're backtesting EUR/USD, since I have told MDpro to use EUR/USD-logic for all the calculations. Please backtest EUR/GBP and you'll see the difference at once. :D

Anyway, I'm finished with the new (and perfectly working) version. I'll add a feature which sets the actual spread of the currency, so no guessing games needed.

Apple1937, I have set the MaxSpread to 0 by default. This tells the MDpro to use its own default spread limits. If it's EUR/USD and Alpari UK, then it will be 18 (1.8) automatically etc. etc.

Ok, I'm back with the new version within a minute, hold on! :))

Hi Don, thanks for all your hard work and for sharing it. It would be great to have different logic behind different pairs. MD multipair opened four positions yesterday , udsjpy - euusd and usdchf - gbrusd two by two at the same time and all four ended up loosers 310pips down X-(

Ok, I have finished all the tests. Here you are: http://www.filefactory.com/file/ahd175a/n/MDpro_Results_rar

I think I have found the reason of the differences. If you're looking at the EUR/USD results of both versions they're looking similar. But if you're examining the EUR/GBP results, then it's full of differencies.

The .dll in the rapid*share version is somewhat differently educated than mine, but it's not the main reason of the differences.

I have enabled the robot to trade with ALL the pairs, not just the 4 default ones. I have done it through the EUR/USD pair, as in the simple MD v1.11a Multipair. Every request and calculations were done by the EUR/USD logic, that's why the differences. So, I can say safely that MDpro is using different logics for each default pairs!

Now, what I will do is that I'll use the .dll found in the rapid*share version and I'll also modify my mq4 to handle the EUR/USD, EUR/CHF, EUR/GBP, USD/CHF with their own logic, but if you want to use the robot on a completely different pair, then its calculations temporarily will be done by the EUR/USD logic.

Ok, I'll do it within a short time. Meanwhile I'll ask you, forex experts, to categorize the currency pairs by their similarity.

I mean, you should set up a table like this one:

EUR/USD is similar to: EUR/CAD, AUD/USD, USD/CAD

EUR/GBP is similar to: GBP/USD, GBP/JPY

EUR/CHF is similar to: GBP/CHF, AUD/CHF, CAD/CHF

USD/CHF is similar to: CHF/JPY, AUD/CAD...

and so on. All the similarities should based on general "behavior" of the currency pair, volatility, volume, etc.

I'd like to "tell" to MDpro's .dll that which logic should be used at trading the actual pair.

This way we should get more trustable results with different unsupported pairs.

Thanks!

Don, your conclusion is right. For the 4 pairs, there are slightly different trading logic. If all other pairs are traded through Eur/usd logic, there would be some limitation to other currency pair.

here is an interesting idea, base on your back test results, the profit factor of Eur/Gbp and Eur/Chf is the highest. Can you code a version for all trades to go through Eur/Gbp logic, another version for Eur/Chf logic only. would like to check if the result is only profitable for that particular currency pair only. Or if we test that Eur/Gbp logic is that fantastic, we might as well trade all other currency pair though Eur/Gbp's logic.

here is a correlation table for reference.

[url]http://www.mataf.net/cache/graphes/aa26135c52f04c7f5d5c6db9a185e603.png[/url]

Hi Don, thanks for all your hard work and for sharing it. It would be great to have different logic behind different pairs. MD multipair opened four positions yesterday , udsjpy - euusd and usdchf - gbrusd two by two at the same time and all four ended up loosers 310pips down X-(

here too

:(( :(( :((