Help starting with Forex

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Help starting with Forex

As a beginner, forget any EA or fancy "Get Rich Quick" scheme. The best way is to invest some time and effort into educating yourself before you risk any of your own money - especially if you have none to risk and no job!

I would suggest that you find a job so that at least you can provide funds for you and your family for the day to day living, then to put some money aside from those funds for Forex trading (this may take some time to accumulate). Whilst you are building your trading capital, use the vast amount of FREE educational material available on the net through various sites to build up your forex knowledge - I recommend sites like BABYPIPS.COM or FOREXFACTORY.COM. This will give you a good start into learning about forex.

I hope this helps a little.

HI mui 99 my recomendation to you is to follow a system that uses money managment and efficient stop loss and take profit targets. i am also new to trading and im following the pro fx system not a lot of profit ;)) but is trading on a daily basis :-bd

I'm new to forex. Just started learning a couple of months ago and I'm now trading live. I have so far traded only 40 trades or so and my account is still about even.

I knew that it was too early for me to put real money for this but I'm glad I did. I've learnt that trading live and demo is so much different. I could simply follow my trading plans with demo but it is so hard doing so with live. Trading live has been teaching me so much stuff that I could never learn by trading demo.

Start looking at babypips dot com and forex peace army dot com.

Although babypips dot com is not a bad one, but they have some restricting rules.

It has some advices anyway.

But here you may find a good help also.

As soon as you start reading up about forex (online and offline) the first thing you see is dozens of people telling you how hard it is, how 95% traders lose, etc etc. I can't see many people starting off expecting it to be easy.

Use stop always

Do be never in the business from an impulse

Do never trade in borrowed money

Do never risk more than your capital 2%-a

Let the proportion of the size of your capital and your position be left over low, 1:at 10 not bigger

I guarantee that your money will not run out if you observe these rules and you recognise it the success thingamy.

Hello everyone,

I'm totally new to Forex... I have lost my job and want to make money through Forex... Is that possible... Can anyone give me any ideas where to start?

You can do it but it depends on how soon you can afford to wait to make a living.

I started out like you about 12 months ago and turned a profit after 3months, with very few losses.

This is how I did it (not in order, simultaneously) but it is horses for courses.

I went through the CDs called the insider code. They are available from this forum.

I went through Seve Nilsons candlestick charts course also on CD and available from this forum

I wrote a business plan, which made me look in places I wasn't looking. Made me define rules for myself.

I read non stop about all of the news events that would effect trading and I keep track of them.

I found a great EA called Evolution that I traded along side, it taught me the most! I didn't use it live because it has some problems. However I optimized it and it had 133 straight wins on the demo account. That along with the knowledge from the CDs will teach you about trading

I found a site in the UK does comparisons of Brokers and I demo'ed 10 all at once.. can be confusing, you need to keep notes.

Once you feel you know what you are doing, the next step is to read and re-read the fine print on these brokers. Finding a good broker is rare. For me Alpari UK was the worst (go figure?) and FXPro the best. This is not a recommendation, just something to keep in mind, you need to do your own research.

I started with two 5000 accounts. I withdraw money every other week.

Hope this helps you.