How many Eas do you run in parallel?

How many Eas do you run in parallel?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How many Eas do you run in parallel?

Re: How many Eas do you run in parallel?

I run 7 different EAs. For 3 weeks everything ran fine but then a crash of Metatrader cost me most of the gained pips. Is it better to run the EAs on different copies of the Metatrader installation?

Ideally, and for very real technical reasons (such as EA opening/closing trades efficiently, lack of interference between EAs, etc) you should "never" run more than 1 EA per "copy" of MT4 installation.

For example, if you want to run 2 EAs, you should copy your MT4 installation folder to another destination on your hard disk and run that second copy of MT4 with your other EA. So if you want to use 4 EAs, you'll need 4 "instances" of MT4 running together. I know, it puts a big strain on your computer resources but it is the only way to truly run your EAs efficiently (unless these EAs need to inter-act with one another-which is very rare)

Cheers :)

Hi

I am running 4 EA's and trading 1 account manually, 2 of them are live and 2 demo. I cannot make up my mind whether to setup a VPN as my internet connection is quite stable and I could use the money for a backup connection.

scouseman