BlueWave Trading Precision Indicators [for ninjatrader]

mxadam

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JDNeeman

What about the bar types, I have tried to placed them in the type folder but i cannot see them....anyone can help on this???!!!

thank you!!!

What about the bar types, I have tried to placed them in the type folder but i cannot see them....anyone can help on this???!!!

thank you!!!

Hi JDNeeman, hope all is great with you, for the bar types give these a try, placed in "custom" folder.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o86qqp

Hope helps

Have a Great Weekend All

Hello ,

The templates are ini files were we put them ?

Thank you

Howdy Billy1960--

Took some tinkering around but got it -- you put them in the "templates" folder--

Then when u load the strategy to a chart--

3rd selection down"Z Template: Load"--click on arrow and u will see all the templates.

Hope helps

Have a Great Weekend All

edit: corrected folder name they go in

Edited by newbie0101

Thank you very much for helping ,

I have put the ini file templates in my documents ./ninja 7/templates/strategy restarted imported BWT STRATEGY third option from begining empty, pasted the name in load... box no luck

Then went in bin/custom/ strategy paste all ini files there no luck too.

What I am doing wrong

Any idea how to fix this ?

Thank you very much for helping ,

I have put the ini file templates in my documents ./ninja 7/templates/strategy restarted imported BWT STRATEGY third option from begining empty, pasted the name in load... box no luck

Then went in bin/custom/ strategy paste all ini files there no luck too.

What I am doing wrong

Any idea how to fix this ?

Hello Billy see here maybe clears anything up?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c47ng6

By the way might be best to remove anything u have about BWT, and start fresh--

Hope so--Let me know?

Take care

Super mate now I see them, the correct folder was templates

Can you please tell me what is the proper one for forex, what time frame and post a picture of what I am suppose to see ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi Billy thanks for pointing out I had the wrong folder listed in post #83 (I have corrected it in the post) the folder in vid is correct.

as far as "what is proper one" that will take some testing on your end. The reason I say this is these "templates" are just different parameter settings for the strategy---sensitivity,ATR, etc.

Hope helps -

Edited by newbie0101

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I`ve new version 7

I suppose you've got the 7.0.2.3 (~edu) version of b_w_t. I'd like just to inform you the version 7 has introduced a new protection scheme (from micro-trends.co.uk, developer of Woodies stuff) and usage of this software is monitored by EQATEC Analytics. Your IP and machineID are exposed. So, pay attention to these things.8-)

You can read some infos on this subject here:

http://api.eqatec.com/analytics/dotnet/

http://www.telerik.com/analytics#anonymous-and-secure-user-monitoring

All I can say about this is that anyone who can take a freely available indicator like the tssupertrend, wrap a bunch of autotrading options around it and make $5000 for THAT, well, only in a bull market I guess. What is the deal? It's like, the more outrageous the cost, the more desirable it becomes? The dude is an average programmer, rewrapping free stuff, and then throwing the name "precision" in front of it just like that old trick of adding "deluxe model" advertisers came up with in the 50's or 60's. Incredible.

On the commercial side, since NT and MC.net are virtually free, it's hard to justify buying many things for my trading (other than tick-based real-time data). The ONLY product which has my interest recently is the Bloodhound add-on for NT. It looks like a serious time saver once over the learning curve. If that can yield consistent autotradable results in forward testing then I will gladly hand them over $500 to support their continued improvement efforts. I'm a bigger fan of productivity enhancers for semi-automated or full automated trading over black box dealers.

Not to "pull a gavesto" on you guys/gals but if I really did have the time, I'd code up a TSSupertrend autotrader and put the source code up on github, just to give that dude in Hawaii the middle finger.

But I will make this promise to all of you. If I can come up with some Bloodhound templates which have positive expectancy results, I WILL post them on indo to share.

Edited by lbf4223

@lbf4223:

With all due respect, but I don't believe you are in a position to generate a strategy even close to bwt by using any auto generator. Mainly because of order and money management. But in general I agree with you. The product is overpriced. The main trigger BWTPrecisionTrend is almost the same as mentioned by you TSS with one exeption: VolatilityStop (btw. it can be adapted in TSS as well).

The core of TSS strategy is built according to the below scheme:

st = TSSuperTrend(parameters);

if (st.Trend[0] && !st.Trend[1]) EnterLong();

else if (st.Trend[1] && !st.Trend[0]) EnterShort();

BTW. The new set of indicators is almost the same as in version 4, a strategy is supposedly optimized but the main difference is change of protection system. For me it means customers cheating...

The originator and developer should remember it is a worse solution than previously used simply because now it's simpler to prepare clean source codes than patch a binaries. An obvious ******ity! :shand::hammer: Probably microtrends have thought they use wonderful and safe protection scheme. No, they don't. Simply, for now, no educator was interested in their candy tools...

Greetings to the rational part of the members;)

Edited by admis

admis,

Very true. It has to be done by hand to get all those options in it.

I've never done fully auto before, even with 10.5 yrs at this and 30 yrs of programming experience, so I guess BH is what has my interest in trying to see if it's at all worthwhile. It can also do semi-auto which is probably where I'm more comfortable at the moment. My finger on a mouse button can't beat the PC into a trade close to the last price.