THV3 ea

Re: THV3 ea

Starting, I am afraid you are a bit wrong with this "<<". it's a bitwise shift, and the problem is with type conversion. As long as MQL4 does not support type cast as C++ does, should be

int m30 = (Period() == PERIOD_M30);

int w1 = (Period() == PERIOD_W1);

gi_1000 = (Period() == PERIOD_M1) + (Period() == PERIOD_M5) * 2 + 3 * (Period() == PERIOD_M15) + m30 << 2 + 5 * (Period() == PERIOD_H1) + 6 * (Period() == PERIOD_H4) + 7 * (Period() == PERIOD_D1) + (w1) << 3;

Not sure why the decompiler "does not know" that, but anyways.

Oh, as long as it uses Ichimoku, it should work nicely on EURUSD,EURGBP and JPY pairs on H1 and M30. Will see.

You are right about Ichimoku but trading it on M15 and higher results in fewer trades versus M5. On the higher TF it probably gets less losses so it is worth trying. From what I understand from reading the TVH forum, the TF that the EA is placed is the cap of the TF where it will trade. For ex. on M5 it will take M1 and M5 trades but no higher. Keep this in mind when trading it live demo.

Good luck

clovelly,

Hi mate,

you wrote that the "... errors are due to the indicator "THV3 Trix called" trying to draw objects in subwindow 1,..." you are right I have the same issue with another EA that use the same indicator, can you please give me an idea abt how to fix the issue?

Tx in advance!

clovelly,

Hi mate,

you wrote that the "... errors are due to the indicator "THV3 Trix called" trying to draw objects in subwindow 1,..." you are right I have the same issue with another EA that use the same indicator, can you please give me an idea abt how to fix the issue?

Tx in advance!

You have to comment out the ObjectSet and ObjectCreate statement from the indicator. Make an extern bool flag in the indicator such as:

extern bool DrawIndicator = true;

then in the code:

if (DrawIndicator)

{

ObjectSet...

ObjectCreate

}

else

{

Do not call ObjectSet, ObjectCreate

}

When you display the indicator on a chart leave DrawIndicator to true. When calling it from the EA with iCustom call it as false. In this way the error will no longer occur. I wish the coders would take note of this in the future and not make these basic mistakes which make running backtests a pain in the butt for all of us on those jinxed EAs.

Good luck

It appears from running the EA in a live demo at Broco on M5 timeframes that it is very successful on EURUSD, EURGBP, EURCHF and GBPJPY. Except for a larger loss on GBPJPY it had 24 trades and 19 winners for +1% gain on the account equity. I cannot post the report since I am running many EAs with it in parallel. Can you guys share your experiences with it so far? What works for you? What doesn't? etc.

Good luck

It appears from running the EA in a live demo at Broco on M5 timeframes that it is very successful on EURUSD, EURGBP, EURCHF and GBPJPY. And NO - it doesn't just trade Asia unlike most other Handicapped EAs that can't even pick their nose during normal trading hours!

Except for a larger loss on GBPJPY it had 24 trades and 19 winners for +1% gain on the account equity. I cannot post the report since I am running many EAs with it in parallel. Can you guys share your experiences with it so far? What works for you? What doesn't? etc.

Good luck

clovelly,

Hi mate,

Tx in advance!

You have to comment out the ObjectSet and ObjectCreate statement from the indicator. Make an extern bool flag in the indicator such as:

extern bool DrawIndicator = true;

then in the code:

if (DrawIndicator)

{

ObjectSet...

ObjectCreate

}

else

{

Do not call ObjectSet, ObjectCreate

}

When you display the indicator on a chart leave DrawIndicator to true. When calling it from the EA with iCustom call it as false. In this way the error will no longer occur. I wish the coders would take note of this in the future and not make these basic mistakes which make running backtests a pain in the butt for all of us on those jinxed EAs.

Good luck

gelinux,

fxknight already replied to you, but if you want to have the code, here it is. I just commented out these Object-related lines in blocks. You may want to take up fxknight's idea as it is better, allowing you to set options.

http://stashbox.org/540775/THV3%20Trix%20called.mq4

• 2 weeks later...

Turhovach

He is a trader, that the person who came up with the manual system for MT4 (cobraforex) named his system after.

Then later came the EA.

This ea is locked so that it can not be used in a live account yet.

but the main question is: is it profitable?

who knows? :-??

I like forward testing on live accounts because I dont trust demo feeds. So until they unlock this thing to trade live, I can't tell.

P.S. before someone thinks the wrong thing, I use very small amounts of money on these live accounts and the lowest micro lot size possible. I look at it as an investment to find the right combination of EAs that will be profitable in the long run.