THV3 ea

Re: [ Req Decompile ] thv3 ea

Can anyone please decompile this ea, it works great

http://www.4shared.com/file/111197824/c990c137/fff.html

cheers!!

Ok, will update my this message with your request done.

Do you have any manual for it?

Decoded pack: http://www.forexsharing.com/87392

Pass: Russia

If you post manual and/or baxktests/forward tests links here. would be great.

yeah, its locked to demo atm but works amazingly well on it, no scalping taking 50 odd pips each time very well. Needs to be on live ;)

http://www.4shared.com/file/111199212/e696c524/THV_EA_v06_User_Guide.html

Ok, if it's really good, we need to support author then after positive tests on demo. Tnx for link with manual!

This is not a good de-compile.. When I try to execute the program there are errors in the log file and it will not run.. Also the De-compile is half the size of the origional ex4..

There is a known bug in the de-compiler when it comes to handling LARGE ex4 files..

Starting do you have the bug-fixed version of the de-compiler???

This is not a good de-compile.. When I try to execute the program there are errors in the log file and it will not run.. Also the De-compile is half the size of the origional ex4..

There is a known bug in the de-compiler when it comes to handling LARGE ex4 files..

This is a known issue with all decos as far as i know.

I think if you erase one "<" in two places - you will not get the error ))

gi_1000 = (Period() == PERIOD_M1) + (Period() == PERIOD_M5) * 2 + 3 * (Period() == PERIOD_M15) + (Period() == PERIOD_M30) << 2 + 5 * (Period() == PERIOD_H1) + 6 * (Period() == PERIOD_H4) + 7 * (Period() == PERIOD_D1) + (Period() == PERIOD_W1) << 3;

Check the logic of equation, however. I'm not yet powerful in coding, so I left it as it is after decoing.

Mxadam said he can remove protections, so I consider it will not be a problem for him to "clean" these errors either )

Yep it now compiles.. Got it running on demo ok.. But code will not run right on tester.. The code doesnt know how to handle sub windows when in test mode..

I will let it run on demo for a while and see what it does..

The only protections I see Is a simple Time/Date check to see if it has expired..

AnyBody know what time frame is best for this???

Re: THV3 ea

Uf, who will find good settings for this one? :-ss

Hello,

Very nice complex EA. Thank you so much for posting it and for the decompilation. It seems the developer (Damiani who wrote the code for the Damiani_volt) preferes this as a scalping tool and he shows on is website (http://www.cobraforex.com/) that he uses it on EURJPY. Too bad it cannot be backtested at the moment since it issues lots of ObjectCreate errors. These can be fixed hopefully in the Trix indicator but I really don't know how it will affect the EA. I recommend to demo test it as a scalper on EURJPY and/or GBPJPY M1 timeframe. Also check out the forum for this EA for some really good tips http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=168347

It seems people are trading it on EURUSD M5 to M30 timeframes as well.

Good luck

This is a known issue with all decos as far as i know.

I think if you erase one "<" in two places - you will not get the error ))

gi_1000 = (Period() == PERIOD_M1) + (Period() == PERIOD_M5) * 2 + 3 * (Period() == PERIOD_M15) + (Period() == PERIOD_M30) << 2 + 5 * (Period() == PERIOD_H1) + 6 * (Period() == PERIOD_H4) + 7 * (Period() == PERIOD_D1) + (Period() == PERIOD_W1) << 3;

Check the logic of equation, however. I'm not yet powerful in coding, so I left it as it is after decoing.

Mxadam said he can remove protections, so I consider it will not be a problem for him to "clean" these errors either )

Hi Starting,

Thank you for decompiling this EA. Not to disagree with you but the "<<" operation is a logical shift to left (bitwise) which is much different than "<" (smaller than). I really don't see any reason for the logical shift when it comes to comparing timeframes so it makes most sense to say that it is a comparison. Apparently it is looking for the period to trade here since even if you put it on a H1 chart - it will still trade whatever it wants like M1, M5 etc. Maybe another programmer can offer his/her opinion on this issue just to make sure we have it right.

BTW I placed it on few pairs like EJ, GJ, EURCHF, EU on H1 timeframes and it issued trades almost right away. We'll see how it goes.

Good luck

Not to disagree with you but the "<<" operation is a logical shift to left (bitwise) which is much different than "<" (smaller than). I really don't see any reason for the logical shift when it comes to comparing timeframes so it makes most sense to say that it is a comparison. Apparently it is looking for the period to trade here since even if you put it on a H1 chart - it will still trade whatever it wants like M1, M5 etc. Maybe another programmer can offer his/her opinion on this issue just to make sure we have it right.

BTW I placed it on few pairs like EJ, GJ, EURCHF, EU on H1 timeframes and it issued trades almost right away. We'll see how it goes.

Good luck

So are you saying that it should be << on that line of code.. When it is that way it wont compile and get errors in the log...

Starting, I am afraid you are a bit wrong with this "<<". it's a bitwise shift, and the problem is with type conversion. As long as MQL4 does not support type cast as C++ does, should be

int m30 = (Period() == PERIOD_M30);

int w1 = (Period() == PERIOD_W1);

gi_1000 = (Period() == PERIOD_M1) + (Period() == PERIOD_M5) * 2 + 3 * (Period() == PERIOD_M15) + m30 << 2 + 5 * (Period() == PERIOD_H1) + 6 * (Period() == PERIOD_H4) + 7 * (Period() == PERIOD_D1) + (w1) << 3;

Not sure why the decompiler "does not know" that, but anyways.

Oh, as long as it uses Ichimoku, it should work nicely on EURUSD,EURGBP and JPY pairs on H1 and M30. Will see.

Starting, I am afraid you are a bit wrong with this "<<". it's a bitwise shift, and the problem is with type conversion. As long as MQL4 does not support type cast as C++ does, should be

gi_1000 = (Period() == PERIOD_M1) + (Period() == PERIOD_M5) * 2 + 3 * (Period() == PERIOD_M15) + m30 << 2 + 5 * (Period() == PERIOD_H1) + 6 * (Period() == PERIOD_H4) + 7 * (Period() == PERIOD_D1) + (w1) << 3;

Oh, as long as it uses Ichimoku, it should work nicely on EURUSD,EURGBP and JPY pairs on H1 and M30. Will see.

A simple code to replace it is

gi_1000 = (Period() == PERIOD_M1) +

(Period() == PERIOD_M5) * 2 +

3 * (Period() == PERIOD_M15) +

// (Period() == PERIOD_M30) << 2 +

(Period() == PERIOD_M30) * 4 +

5 * (Period() == PERIOD_H1) +

6 * (Period() == PERIOD_H4) +

7 * (Period() == PERIOD_D1) +

// (Period() == PERIOD_W1) << 3;

(Period() == PERIOD_W1) * 8;

Uf, who will find good settings for this one? :-ss

Hello,

Very nice complex EA. Thank you so much for posting it and for the decompilation. It seems the developer (Damiani who wrote the code for the Damiani_volt) preferes this as a scalping tool and he shows on is website (http://www.cobraforex.com/) that he uses it on EURJPY. Too bad it cannot be backtested at the moment since it issues lots of ObjectCreate errors. These can be fixed hopefully in the Trix indicator but I really don't know how it will affect the EA. I recommend to demo test it as a scalper on EURJPY and/or GBPJPY M1 timeframe. Also check out the forum for this EA for some really good tips http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=168347

It seems people are trading it on EURUSD M5 to M30 timeframes as well.

Good luck

These errors are due to the indicator "THV3 Trix called" trying to draw objects in subwindow 1, useful for looking at during manual trading but irrelevant in backtesting as the EA does not need those objects, but only needs the values in the buffers. After fixing those errors, the backtesting is ok now but very very slow. It took 20 minutes just to go through 12 hours of test data. At the same rate, it will take roughly 400 hours to test 1 year of data.

The development team is forward testing the EA and will release it free to the community once it is finished. Maybe you can wait till then.

A simple code to replace it is

gi_1000 = (Period() == PERIOD_M1) +

(Period() == PERIOD_M5) * 2 +

3 * (Period() == PERIOD_M15) +

// (Period() == PERIOD_M30) << 2 +

(Period() == PERIOD_M30) * 4 +

5 * (Period() == PERIOD_H1) +

6 * (Period() == PERIOD_H4) +

7 * (Period() == PERIOD_D1) +

// (Period() == PERIOD_W1) << 3;

(Period() == PERIOD_W1) * 8;

Thank you for share. ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Please try this code I think it's correct of programming logic. X_X X_X X_X

int buf = (Period() == PERIOD_M30);

int buf1 = (Period() == PERIOD_W1);

gi_1000 = (Period() == PERIOD_M1) + (Period() == PERIOD_M5) * 2 + 3 * (Period() == PERIOD_M15)

+ buf << 2

+ 5 * (Period() == PERIOD_H1) + 6 * (Period() == PERIOD_H4) + 7 * (Period() == PERIOD_D1)

+ buf1 << 3;

gi_1000 = (Period() == PERIOD_M1) + (Period() == PERIOD_M5) * 2 + 3 * (Period() == PERIOD_M15)

+ buf << 2

+ 5 * (Period() == PERIOD_H1) + 6 * (Period() == PERIOD_H4) + 7 * (Period() == PERIOD_D1)

+ buf1 << 3;

I agree that this is correct. As long as the bitwise shift operation is done on an integer we are ok. Good that we can maintain the original logic of the system.

+ buf << 2

+ buf1 << 3;

I agree that this is correct. As long as the bitwise shift operation is done on an integer we are ok. Good that we can maintain the original logic of the system.

From my high school maths many decades ago,

bit shift 1 = multiply by 2

bit shift 2 = multiply by 4

bit shift 3 = multiply by 8

so all is sweet [-O<

THV team purposely locked this to demo to stop people blowing their accounts without proper testing. I use this downloaded from their thread and on demo in the spirit of what they are trying to achieve.

Hmm...though thats how I feel I can't for the life of me make the stupid thing trade and more frustratingly I cannot post at FF I just get a this page cannot be displayed page everytime...so maybe I'll use this instead.

THV team purposely locked this to demo to stop people blowing their accounts without proper testing. I use this downloaded from their thread and on demo in the spirit of what they are trying to achieve.

Hmm...though thats how I feel I can't for the life of me make the stupid thing trade and more frustratingly I cannot post at FF I just get a this page cannot be displayed page everytime...so maybe I'll use this instead.

Just place it on a M5 chart with the default settings. It trades fine.