[release] Grail_2 (ISEA leeched from it) - no limitorders

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [release] Grail_2 (ISEA leeched from it) for FXCH broker

thanks for your hard work.

Have been running it live for a day now, with very small micro lot size, of course ;)

It loves to trade, that is for sure, I think it traded over 100 times in a 24 hour period.

I am going to tweek it here and there, but I believe this is a very good product so far.

I use forex.com, which is not known to be a "bargain" broker, but even on it, it has worked fine and the results have been good. I will give it a week and post the results at the end.

:-bd

Have been running it live for a day now, with very small micro lot size, of course ;)

It loves to trade, that is for sure, I think it traded over 100 times in a 24 hour period.

I am going to tweek it here and there, but I believe this is a very good product so far.

I use forex.com, which is not known to be a "bargain" broker, but even on it, it has worked fine and the results have been good. I will give it a week and post the results at the end.

Forex.com PRO account need 10K to open it, then you have much tighter spread. you can demo test it there on a pro account as well. You can run 2 systems at the same time for forex.com, one standard and one pro account.

finimej, I treasures you hard work and I thank you very much! ^:)^

Can you explain please these settings for what they are!

useATR_SL=true;

Percentage_ATR_SL = 8;

Percentage_ATR_LOT = 300 ;

DecreaseFactor = 5;

pipsaway = 5;

brokerworsefill=0.0001;

MA_dis_pips = 1;

SL = 180;

SLreal = 180;

MA_period = 6;

TradeperBar=false;

UseTimeCut=true;

int HasBuyLimitOrder = 0;

int HasSellLimitOrder = 0;

int HasBuyOrder = 0;

int HasSellOrder = 0;

useATR_SL=true;    //use the dynamic stoploss
Percentage_ATR_SL = 8;   //set to 80 if it is for 5 digit brokers, and set to 8 for 4 digits.  normally you get 180 pip stoploss with ATR_SL turn on on true
Percentage_ATR_LOT = 300 ;    //this dynamic lot calculated is not implemented , forget about it.
DecreaseFactor = 5;   //this is not implmented. I made if last order stopped out with lost, then next trade use the system smallest lots. 
pipsaway = 5;    //limit order is 5 pips away from the MA + ma_distance pips.
brokerworsefill=0.0001;  //compensate, if you ask buy at 0.8888, and your broker allways fill you at 0.8889, then you ask to buy at 0.8887, therefore you get your order filled at 0.8888 in fact. you can make this to zero value.
MA_dis_pips = 1;  //1 pips from the MA line, plus the 5 pipsaway is your limit entry price.
SL = 180;    //stoploss faked normally at 180 pips
SLreal = 180;       //real stoploss normall at 180 pips                                                            
MA_period = 6;     //it is using MA, with typical price and liner weighted MA. period 6.
TradeperBar=false;  //false, can have multiple order on one bar. true, only one order per bar
UseTimeCut=true; //when the order entried, and last to 20 minuetes, still not in profits, close the order no matter what.

int      HasBuyLimitOrder = 0;  //system variable, not worry about it.
int      HasSellLimitOrder = 0;//system variable, not worry about it.

int      HasBuyOrder = 0;//system variable, not worry about it.

int      HasSellOrder = 0;//system variable, not worry about it.

What pairs you are trading it at Forex.com ?

Thanks

use the EA default setting, use time limit cut = true, time_limit_1=24 (hold position only for 24 minuetes)

on EURCHF M5 at forex.com normal account has good results. only on EURCHF M5.

not good results on EURGBP.

this EA hide the limit order logic inside EA and send the market order when the internal limit price is hitted. so this is the way to go, broker would not like you modify limit order when each new tick arrived like the original EA do.

Yep, eurgbp does not give good results at all on Forex.com

eurchf on 1M was good, but on 5M chart it is better.

the 180 SL is what I have changed and brought it down to 40. My reasoning behind this is that it in a case of a bad spike due to any news that was not expected, such as last week's rumors of the UK PM stepping down, would not kill your account balance, and with only 40 pips, the ea could recuperate easily. There are not many times that you will reach a 40 SL in 20 minutes in this pair, unless there is a strong reaction to something and then yo can certainly will get a big drawdown or worse. This is just for my personal peace of mind. :)>-

Thanks Finimej !

So for Forex.com the best pair is EURCHF M5.

Do I have to use in that case MA period = 16 and MA distance = 2 ?

EURGBP doesn’t perform well. How about NZDCAD and USDCHF ?

Thanks

checked it, recommend to use the default setting, MA period = 6 and MA distance = 1, broker compensate=0, timecut=ture, time_limit_1=24 on EURCHF M5 at forex.com

other paire does not have good results. Just EURCHF has much noisy level of data since may, 2009 at forex.com, that's why it works from that time on that pair.

The forex.com pro account data has not much noisy, therefore does not work. try yourself out there.

What do you all keep talking about the FXCH broker? Can't this EA trade on other brokers as well?

This is the purpose of the thread, you shall try it out on other brokers, and see if you get nice results.

Re: [release] Grail_2 (ISEA leeched from it) - no limitorders

Hi,

Thanks for your hard work finimej ! ^:)^

I have an error when i try this ea on the collective :

2009.06.15 22:04:17 grail23_nolimitorder_5digits USDJPY_fx,H1: Error Modify SELL order : (130) invalid stops

What is the problem ?

Thanks !

JPY needs to change the point to 0.001, my code is not made for that, please run on other pair.

OK, I must say, withdraw money at FXCH is fast. sent in form in one day, and get money withdraw back to my Webmoney the day after.

In fact, FXCM takes much longer, 4 weeks to get money withdraw there.

JPY needs to change the point to 0.001, my code is not made for that, please run on other pair.

OK, I must say, withdraw money at FXCH is fast. sent in form in one day, and get money withdraw back to my Webmoney the day after.

Did you not has good results with FXCH Broker?

Ok, but same problem with eurgbp :

2009.06.16 11:24:50 grail23_nolimitorder_5digits EURGBP_fx,M5: Error Modify SELL order : (130) invalid stops

Any idea ?

my live account result on Non Dealing Desk account at SigmaForex

http://goodies2.mt4live.com/

I am running micro lot there before I can not trust the fill of the order. Many times, yesterday, more than 90% of time my order get filled with 8 pips worse than my limit order. But some times the fill is good, like on the thursdag night, so I increased the lot to minilot 0.1. So I am use micro lot, if fill is good, then I increase the lot manually. I never let the ea running alone. I watch it while it running. If I get very bad fill, then I close it at the best price if possible.

To be able to have the micro lot in the standard account is a very big advantage, this make me can tune the EA in real account at real time.

Next week, I will test strategy that have larger TP on larger timeframe.